[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've just finished reading "Hitler's Vienna: A
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Adolf.jpg (5 KB, 182x277) Image search: [Google]
Adolf.jpg
5 KB, 182x277
I've just finished reading "Hitler's Vienna: A Dictator's Apprenticeship" by Brigitte Hamann, about the life of young Adolf before and during his time in Vienna.

I will post quotations in this thread.

Please bump if this interests you.
>>
>>27510229
Bump

Bumpy dumpy my overlord
>>
On Adolf's reaction to his mother's death

>"On December 24 the family called on Dr. Bloch to express their gratitude. He remembers, "In the practice of my profession it is natural that I should have witnessed many scenes such as this one [the family grieving their deceased mother], yet none of them left me with quite the same impression. In all my career I have never seen anyone so prostrate with grief as Adolf Hitler."
p.35
>>
>>27510302
Is there anything about Jewish chick he liked or about his art career
>>
File: Hitlerianfeels.jpg (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Hitlerianfeels.jpg
58 KB, 600x600
YES! I love the Hitler feels threads
>>
>>27510406
There is no evidence that I've seen in my personal study if Adolf's life from birth to the age of ~25 to suggest he was attracted to a particular Jewish girl. Stefanie (surname eludes me) may be the girl you're referring to, who was his "crush" in Linz. And yes there are many quotes on his art career and I will post what I can.

On Adolf's determination to become a great artist

>"The newly orphaned art student encountered much sympathy in those weeks. His neighbor, postal worker Presemayer, offered to help him get a job at the post office, but the eighteen-year-old declined: he wanted to become a "great artist". "And when he then was told that the necessary monetary means and personal connections for that were lacking, he only gave the brief reply, 'Makart and Rubens too worked themselves up from impoverished conditions!'"
>>
OP here. Any delay on my part is due to my having to write all this out. Also: I've previously posted two separate threads, one with quotations from "The Young Hitler I Knew" (Kubizek) and one from "Hitler: A Biography" (Kershaw). I will avoid re-posting material used in those threads, although they contain some of the funniest / most interesting quotations.

On Adolf's failure to meet the contact in Vienna

>"Probably immediately upon his arrival in Vienna [...] eighteen-year-old Hitler set out for the opera to introduce himself to Professor Alfred Roller. What happened then he would later tell with surprising frankness to Vienna's district leader Eduard Frauenfeld: Roller's letter in hand, he "went to the building once, then he lost his courage and turned around. After some inner turmoil he overcame his shyness, started out a second time, went all the way to the staircase, but no further. A third attempt failed as well." Some "person" asked the shy young man what he wanted. "Mutter an excuse, he fled and in order to find a way out of this constant agitation destroyed the letter.""
p.60
>>
On Adolf's seriousness towards art

>"Art requires serious concentration, young Hitler too remarked to his friend, upset about those "who go to the opera in order to be seen, who parade nice outfits and expensive jewelry and want to flirt or, if possible, make deals, and, before the performance is over, of course, amuse themselves by concluding their evening in a dance hall [...] People of that sort don't belong into the Empire's foremost cultural institution, they should amuse themselves in a night club.""
p.65
>>
On Adolf's artistic ambitions

>"Inspired by Roller, whom he revered from a distance, and perhaps still intending to call on him, Hitler familiarized himself with details about stage techniques during that time. [...] he wrote plays and dramas about stories from German heroic myths and drew set and costume designs. The high point of these endeavors was the dogged attempt to "complete" the Germany mythic play that Wagner had only outlined: Wieland der Schmied (Wieland the smith)."
p.66
>>
File: FUCK.png (111 KB, 1074x412) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
111 KB, 1074x412
>>27510596
>I hate people who go to night clubs too
>Hitler ist mein negro
>>
On Adolf's father beating Adolf and his mother Klara

>"The boy's most striking feature was his love for his mother. [Dr. Bloch states] "While he was not a 'mother's boy' in the usual sense, I have never witness a closer attachment." This love had been mutual. "Klara Hitler adored her son [...] she allowed him his own way wherever possible." For example, she admired his watercolor paintings and drawings and supported his artistic ambitions in opposition to his father; "at what cost to herself on may guess."
p.20 / 21

>"At least the thirteen-year-old boy must have felt relief at his tyrannical father's death. Hitler was to tell his secretary a great deal "about his mother's love," which he returned. "'I didn't love my father," he used to say, 'but I was all the more afraid of him. He had tantrums and immediately became physically violent. My poor mother would always be very scared for me.'""
p.18
>>
So Hitler would have been a robot?
Figures.
>>
On Adolf's view of "Jewish modernism" and its influence on contemporary art

>"The great liberal newspapers in Vienna generally supported and promoted Viennese modernism and offered intellectuals as well as artists a forum where they could reliably reach their audience. This resulted in the far-spread accusation that in reality "Jewish modernism" was no art at all but only artificially pushed by the "Jew press" with its business sense. [...] Using the very lingo of the anti-Semitic press in Vienna, Hitler said as late as 1942: "By virtue of art reviews which one Jew scribbled about another, the people, which believes anything it reads black and white, was indoctrinated to a view of art which regards everything that is altogether kitsch as the latest artistic perfection.""
p.81
>>
File: watdood.jpg (60 KB, 510x478) Image search: [Google]
watdood.jpg
60 KB, 510x478
>>27511024
Hitler WAS a robot, don't you understand? He just reached such a level of being a robot that he had had enough of it and decided to actually force the world to change.
>>
On Adolf's desire to cleanse the filth of urban civilization as it then existed

>"he calls for a clearing away of the filth of the moral plague of big-city "civilization" [...] ruthlessly and without wavering in the fact of all the shouting and screaming that will naturally be let loose [...] This cleansing of culture must be extended to nearly all fields. Theater, art, literature, cinema, press, posters, and window displays must be cleansed of all manifestations of our rotting world and placed in the service of a moral, political, and cultural idea. Public lie must be freed from the stifling perfume of our modern eroticism."
p.82
>>
On Adolf's particular fondness for the word "degenerate"

>""Degenerate" (entartet), was a fashionable term in fin-de-siecle Vienna that was used in virtually all areas of life. It means "strayed from one's kind" or "alienated from one's kind" and referred to behaviour "inimical to one's nature." When women dared demand better education or even the right to vote, this was called "a degenerate women's emancipation fit," inasmuch as such desires were not n agreement with the role of women as nature allegedly intended. Viennese modernism's loose morals were called "moral degenerateness," and the art of Expressionism berated as "degenerate". [...] We can make out all these phrases in the outpourings o Hitler the politician as well. He used the term "degenerate" frequently in quite different contexts, for example, in 1941 at table in connection with bad nutrition; he also said, "A toad is a degenerate frog"; and finally, he called hunters "degenerate farmers." In reference to art, he also used the term "degenerate" in the sense of primitive-backward and of being too unconnected with the people"
p.82 / 85
>>
On Adolf's work history at the age of 20

>"twenty-year-old Hitler [...] had never performed any physical work. He was clumsy and lacked strength, possessed neither craftmanship nor any technical or business or other practical skills worth mentioning. He was a homebody who had never gone in for sports and found dealing with people difficult. According to his relatives in Waldviertel, when he was young he did not even help with farm wok in the summer but was content to take a few walks in the forest, otherwise keeping to himself."
p.152
>>
I won't be at my PC for a long time because of work, but pls keep posting OP.
>>
On Adolf's poverty and homelessness

>"It is a fact that the by now twenty-year-old did not manage to earn enough to even make a bare living. [...] he was not only unemployed but also homeless. What he had so far witnessed or "studied" as an uninvolved observer he now experienced personally. He joined the legion of the poor, forced to claim the services of charitable institutions."
p.144
>>
On the change in Adolf's appearance as a result of poverty

>"Hitler must have been one of those taking advantage of some of these charitable institutions, among them doubtless the free soup kitchen in the Hospital of the Sisters of Mercy near his first apartment in Vienna at Stumpergasse. At any rate, one of his former landlady Maria Zakreys's relatives once discovered him "as he was [...] standing in the cloister's soup line; his clothes looked very shabby and I felt sorry for him, because he used to be so well dressed.""
p.146
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.