[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have women in your workplace? I have a few and I noticed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 1449069358970.jpg (178 KB, 750x864) Image search: [Google]
1449069358970.jpg
178 KB, 750x864
Do you have women in your workplace? I have a few and I noticed they dont like to be treated normally, just like another collegue. It's almost like they seem to get angry when somone tries to joke or banter with them, just like they would with another guy. The only expection is another female programmer, who doesn't talk much but she does she's all right.

I thought we were supposed to treat women equally guys? Especially in a workplace. But it seems to me they jusy want to be seen as a woman first and then as a worker. Anyone has similar experience?
>>
>>27508893
Yes. Congratulations, you are starting to figure out what feminism is really about. "Equality" has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>27508893
*but when she does
>>
>>27508893
>I thought we were supposed to treat women equally guys?
He fell for equality meme. If there are women in your workplace avoid them as plague. Nothing more than casual hello or goodbye and keep your talk strictly related to work. Never ever talk about your relationships or current mental health.
>>
Just stay professional and stop trying to banter with woman. Most women just plain can't handle it because that isn't how we are socialized to interact with one another. They see your behavior as unprofessional and crass. You can joke but it doesn't have to be at their expense. I'm not saying that you have to baby these women but it's not like you have to joke about them to get your work done.

Honestly banter makes me uncomfortable and I just can't take it. I even feel uncomfortable being around guys doing it to each other, like I get that it's all in good fun but maybe my history with bullying makes me sensitive to it.
>>
>>27508960
this, i only banter with male coworkers
black females enjoy banter tho
>>
>>27508960
I probably got bullied more than you but I still enjoy banter
you should figuratively grow a pair
>>
>>27508936
>Nothing more than casual hello or goodbye and keep your talk strictly related to work.

if you do that they will talk behind your back like you're some kind of creep or psycho because you dont try to socialize with them like every other betafag nice guy
>>
ITT: Men can't make conversation aside from saying hello or insulting someone
>>
File: 1458596817762.jpg (16 KB, 180x192) Image search: [Google]
1458596817762.jpg
16 KB, 180x192
>>27509121
yeah men have no intellectual discussions, not even when they invented literally everything, including the computer you're posting from and imageboards
>>
>>27508960
> like I get that it's all in good fun but maybe my history with bullying makes me sensitive to it.
Literally triggered by something not even addressed to you.

Hiring women: not even once.
>>
>>27509167

the levels of kek that this post holds shouldn't be possible.
>>
>>27509121

Honestly that's the kind of mentality I talked about in the OP (other than the mentioned girl programmer). Why do you have to be so defensive and arrogant? You aren't a princess and you aren't better than us, so you shouldnt expect to be treated any different. Especially in a workplace where your gender literally shouldn't matter at all.
>>
>>27509200
He's right. Men collectively invented the internet systems of planet earth. You think women would be willing to lay down thick sub aquatic fiber optic cabling in roaring seas or land on an extra terrestrial planet? They literally have a crotch bleeding inhibitor that fucks them over. They've needed special treatment for centuries to survive. Hence chivalry.
>>
>in community college for architectural drafting
>one of the local architects talks about hiring practices
>literally tells the entire class that she (yes, she, makes it better) does not hire women. while 1% of them are good workers, the other 99% just cost money.

my class was like 60% women too. though Im sure a male would hire them if they wanted to see TnA around the office since they know the male employees will just pick up their slack (as evidenced by every group project I was ever in)
>>
>>27509167once I was hanging out, and I went over to the side of the room where the girls were talking.
They were talking about who's gotten marked since high school.

You know what we were talking about? The implications to the world had the axis of power one
>>
>>27509210
It's called a "joke", I'm aware that you can make other conversation (I hope).

Again, there are gender differences when it comes to communication and building workplace relationships. My workplace is mostly women in an office environment and we don't have "banter" culture and we function fine. We're just nice to each other. I don't know why it's an issue to just be more professional with the females that aren't responsive to bantering conversation instead of getting pissy that women aren't the exact same as men.
>>
>>27509327
Banter is a sign of respect. It shows you think the dude is strong enough to take a little playful ribbing
>>
>have to put up with women at work
>they're always texting
>like they'll be in the middle of doing something, then they'll stop, text, and then resume work, then stop a minute later to send another text
>always in a bad mood. The least corteous people I deal with
>the slowest workers
>when they get off work or take break, they dont go to the break room, they chat with the other girls who ARENT on break and slow down their productivity so they can share pinterest shit on their phones
>always shit talking other people in Romanian
>eye rolling whenever you request them to do something
>like a fax machine is less than five feet from your chair, but checking the fax requires standing up and taking two whole steps into the other room
>"excuse me, could you check the fax please?"
>*finishes text*
>*eye roll*
>*say something in Romanian to other female coworker*
>*cackle like witches on walpurgis night*
>*slooooooowly gets up*
>*return five minutes later*
>"No fax yet."
>>
>>27509589
Guys are accustomed to it because that's just how they interact with each other from boyhood. Women misinterpret this behavior as disrespect and possibly sexism if they have that filter up. It is up to the offending party to adjust their behavior to maintain a professional environment

Kind of like when you come over to the US from Europe you should stop greeting women with a kiss on the cheek or people will think you're a freak/creepy. You adjust your behavior for the situation
>>
>>27509651
>men let women work with them/for them because they are afraid of being called sexist
>it's men who have to adjust their behavior
ok
>>
>>27509691
Is it that difficult to just not banter with women? It's either have a shitty work environment and have all the women hate you or be polite to your coworkers. It's not that hard at all to be friendly without being insulting
>>
File: 1449143832549.gif (2 MB, 480x306) Image search: [Google]
1449143832549.gif
2 MB, 480x306
>>27509651
>treating women equally = sexism

what a world we live in
>>
>>27508893
Most people who "joke around" aren't funny.
>>
>>27509589
I am at work to make money, not play stupid social games. Keep your fucking jokes to yourself.
>>
>not just pissing them off anyways
the sooner they learn the better
>>
>>27508893
I haven't noticed that but I'm an engineer in a company of engineers.
>>
>>27509301
>pointless wanking over relationships
>pointless wanking over historical what-ifs

Truly, you are the ubermensch the world has been waiting for
>>
>>27509261
You don't know what chivalry is and it's adorable.
>>
>>27508893
I've not had a similar experience at all.
I work in a workplace where roughly 70-75% of the staff are women, and i've found almost all of them are as good at taking a joke as any male colleague i've worked with.

I don't relate to them because they are into normie shit, but then again, so are all the guys at the work. But that aside, I've found that women in general are just as able to take a joke/banter as anyone else, and for the most part they are just as decent at dishing it out as well.. Of course there are exceptions but there are exceptions with guys as well. I think it is more on an individual basis rather than being based on gender.
>>
>>27509886
Get your real world experience out of here
>>
>male coworkers
>don't do any work, don't interact with me except when they're trying to prank me

>female coworkers
>don't do any work, don't interact with me

I'll take the second.
>>
>>27509914
O-ok sorry.

bloxxx
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 304x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 304x400
>it seems to me they jusy want to be seen as a woman first and then as a worker
So you would rather be seen as a worker first and as a man second? Or should only women have to have their personalities take second place in favor of working for some gay-ass company?
>>
>>27510082
>So you would rather be seen as a worker first and as a man second?
Yes? I'm there to work. I don't need someone patting my bulge
>>
>>27510082
>So you would rather be seen as a worker first and as a man second?

of course, I already am
>>
>>27510115
Cool, so you've willingly dehumanized yourself to serve some normie corporation/person whos richer and more successful than you.
Or to put it simply, you've cucked yourself.
>>
I'm a security guard at a factory and I've noticed that the easy line jobs are almost exclusively performed by women and the difficult jobs almost exclusively performed by men.
>>
>>27510082
>some gay ass company
>later on, in another thread
>BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WHY DONT I HAVE A JOB
>>
>>27510202
Women usually take jobs that allow more flexible hours and less work to allow them to balance their family life/childcare. Men are more likely to step up and work longer hours as they are not the primary caregivers in most families and women do most of the emotional labor in family units. In companies with programs that promote a healthy work/life balance, the gap between men and women is less dramatic. I think the world would be different if the typical company allowed a man as much paternity time off as a woman gets for a new baby. As it is now women are basically half-committed workers and will turn down more responsibilities and longer hours if it means less time for their family. Also the reason why there is a "wage gap"

Honestly I'd not want to hire a woman for this very reason. A woman is more likely to leave if their kid is sick in comparison to a male.
>>
>>27509108
Correct, but it's still better than the alternative. Succubi are going to talk behind your back, no matter what. The less info you give them, the better off you are.
>>
>>27510167
>implying any of that matters
>implying you haven't dehumanized yourself just by showing up to work
>implying I care about my gender like a woman does, as it has never afforded me any benefits
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.