[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do normies manage to blend in? I started to work at a place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1453621906001.jpg (26 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
1453621906001.jpg
26 KB, 600x726
How do normies manage to blend in?

I started to work at a place with a group of normies. After a couple of weeks I see them hanging out and eating and talking with the regular employees. Wtf, how do they do this?
>>
Please tell me, I have been alone all my life. Did I somehow fall behind on some social training?
>>
idk senpai, I see it happening all the time
1 month into prep school people were acting like lifelong friends, same with uni, meanwhile I've studied with the same people for years and never talked to them. idk pham
ask on /adv/ and /soc/ and prepare to listen to a lot of bee yourselves
>>
Surely this is the definition of autism.

(Not criticizing; I'm 37 and have never figured this out.)
>>
>>27508823
>1 month into prep school people were acting like lifelong friends, same with uni

You gotta act quick when the year starts over, but honestly the "fake it til you make it" is 100% true. You just approach people, even if its for a bullshit reason "is this Business 101?" Or some stupid shit and then take it from there. Pretend to be confident and itll come. Its scary as all shit, but if you keep facing your fears like a man and not a fag you'll eventually find your not scared anymore

Also dont be yourself immediately. Give it a few weeks, then let them know your an autist

Eventually you actually become friends, and then viola you get invited to hang out n shit
>>
>>27508896
This is real. There have got to be some people who actually don't feel suicidally anxious and self-loathing about interaction with new people but I think they're in the minority, even in the context of normies. Unfortunately you have to do this consistently for like, a month before it means anything.
>>
File: OldViola.jpg (217 KB, 1257x2013) Image search: [Google]
OldViola.jpg
217 KB, 1257x2013
>>27508896
>and then viola
>>
>>27508896
>but honestly the "fake it til you make it" is 100% true.
Pretty much this. It took me like three jobs to get to the point of not sperging out when talking to people. If you're not legit autistic, you can learn to read emotions and the flow of a conversation.
>>
>>27508958
I think those small minority would of probably been brought up in an extroverted household, or a position where they were forced to meet people from a young age

>>27507822
99% of ALL normies are scared shitless when they start this social circle. Likr anxiety & fear & that shit feeling you get in your stomach. Some just appear more confident than others because of when they began socializing, but they all felt it at some point.

Give it a try senpai, suprisingly most people arent out there to try and be a dick to you
>>
>>27507822
did you have many friends in high school? if not, you're fucked.
>>
>>27507822
idk man, it just happens to me sometimes.

I used to work with these guys, thinking about it in hindsight we have nothing in common

we ended up hanging out and drinking some times before I quit the job. we havent talked since
>>
The key here is you need to go up and talk to them. Since you guys are both at work, start by talking about a work-related subject, then switch over to their interests. Before they can get to know anything about you, say you have to go back to doing work, then GTFO because they'll find out your autistic otherwise. Do this a couple times and they'll eventually see you as one of them.
>>
>>27509364
>Before they can get to know anything about you, say you have to go back to doing work, then GTFO because they'll find out your autistic otherwise. Do this a couple times and they'll eventually see you as one of them.

That's the stupidest shit I've ever read.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.