[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of living? What's it all for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: 111111.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
111111.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
What's the point of living? What's it all for?
>>
It isn't "for" anything dumb shy you have to try and make something out of it but that isn't possible until you're around your mid twenties
>>
>>27506661
>make something out of it

why?
>>
>>27506689
If you don't then you'll be left behind to die, that's how civilization works
>>
>>27506707
so the purpose is to survive, then what?
>>
File: 1442384107072.jpg (70 KB, 460x562) Image search: [Google]
1442384107072.jpg
70 KB, 460x562
>>27506717
That's all there is anon
>>
Don't be a fag and just live your life, you're bound to find a reason to continue. Stop thinking that life is worthless just because that reason hasn't made its self clear yet.
>>
>>27506740
seems pretty stupid, no real reason we are just doing things to extend our lives

pointless
>>
>>27506761
then fucking kill yourself retard. we don't need you
>>
at the end of the day there is no special purpose to life, we are here, living, feeling and breathing.
No matter my philosophy of Life I will never suffer financially, physically or emotionally. Thats my purpose is to never suffer.

People want to say they were destined for shit and thats a bunch of horse dicks. If you like coding? Then code your fucking ass off. You like gaming and chilling at your house? Then be the best fucking couch potato you can be. Its all about how YOU want to waste your time on this earth. Some people go to college to slave it out for 30 years, some people choose a comfy job and live kind of shitty but less stressful. Personally I dont see myself going to college and Im 21. I don't know what I want to do, but Im happy right now, working a part time job, working out 5 days a week, smoking weed and playing vidya and sleeping good. All I ever gave a fuck about and anybody else that says you're a failure or some shit because of that then they can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>27506774
why are you so angry? there was never good purpose behind existing given other than avoiding pain which I do already

just pointing out their is no ultimate point to everything, it's literally a game of chasing pleasure and avoiding pain because of our biological design to survive
>>
>>27506626
There is no point in living and there's no point in dying either
>>
>avoid pain
>acquire pleasure through confort, money , relationships, eating.

yeh.
>>
We exist to suffer
Normies exist to exist
>>
>>27506843
the thing is it's not even about those things themselves, it's purely about the pain and pleasure in your brain

serial killers get a rush of pleasure when killing, that's why they go back for more like a drug even though it's a terrible thing the outcome doesn't matter to them

the innate feeling of pleasure we have is meant to direct us towards surviving better just like pain is meant to direct us toward avoiding dying

hedonism doesn't work long term, because our brains get damaged from too much pleasure, but whats the point of pleasure for it's own sake anyway? If that's all there is to our existence then there is no higher purpose, we are just chemical reactions getting off
>>
>>27506919
"higher purpose" is a meme to enslave the poor.
when i meant pleasure , it could also be having fun walking in a forest. well , let's call it happiness then.
>>
There is literally none, apart from breeding.

However, to manifest your own willpower over others (read: "achieving something higher") is powerful incentive for many.

For that a man should strive (in his own terms, of course).
>>
>>27506790

I was the same way at 21, but be warned you can't live like that forever. By 24 I had to start thinking about putting the weed down, quitting my easy part time job and finding a career. I know you feel like you're in a great position now but you gotta grow up and it sucks. Gotta make big boy money for your own place and a nice car or you'll fall behind in life.
>>
>>27506807
>their is no ultimate point to everything, it's literally a game of chasing pleasure and avoiding pain because of our biological design to survive
That's it bro. That's all there is.
We're just learnt behaviours plastered over base animal drives to survive.and screw.The only meaning to life is that we forge ourselves .. and even that's ultimately just yet another fiction.
>>
>>27507012
>There is literally none, apart from breeding.
What's the point in that? Nature doesn't care if your genes get passed on. Your genes are not going to effect anything really even if you were successful.
Fucking scientists can hardly even process peoples genes let alone tell what they all do. Like it's not a total shot in the dark they have a few things figured out but it's like when doctors did shit based on superstition like thinking foul vapors caused sickness incidentally some of that stuff for that theory helped protect against germs but it was still wrong.
I wish a lot of people online would stick with their fucking neonazi people that believe in their superior gene shit. The alpha genetics stuff is nearly good for a laugh if people were not so obviously ignorant.
>>
what's the point of all this work? do i still die alone in the end?
>>
>>27507568
The point is creating biodiversity so the species doesnt die out you goddamn retard, the meaning of other animals lives are to reproduce and pass of their genes so people assume thats what our purpose is since were all just animals, really smart ones, and what does that have to do with neonazis? Ever heard of darwin
>>
>>27507568
Someone didn't take highschool biology
>>
I'll let you in a secret.

Life is a game. The point of the game is to live as long as possible.
The reason why life is full of suffering is because life is not an easy game. If it were easy, no one would play because life would boring.

Just take solace that you can quit the game whenever you feel like it.
>>
>>27508052
I would like to quit the game, but I am so afraid of the unknown
Think there is nothing but still
>>
>>27507990
Reproducing has no meaning. There is literally no meaning to life. It doesn't matter if people are smart or not, they could breed so everyone becomes retarded it doesn't change anything reproduction still has the same meaning as if everyone were "perfect".

Yes I have heard of Darwin, survival of the fittest to their environment is what you're getting at right? That means if retards are the only thing that survive on a very nice easy to live on area it means they are alpha and the best suited to their environment. Take your little ubermensche perfect genes person put them on the island, and all the retards hate him and decide to kill him, even if they take horrific casualties and they become more inbred from it and there is no hope of ever breeding non-retards again, the retards were the fittest. Even if they go extinct because they were best adapted to their environment.
>>
No metaphysical meaning to any of this shit. Just have fun in this realm. Don't give a shit about dropping speaghetti or whatever autistic nonsense you think is destroying your life, because it's all meaningless anyways. Do whatever the fuck you want
>>
god feeds on our feels
>>
>>27508140
imo when you die, thoughts cease to function since the brain can no longer form proper thoughts.

but since the brain does not shut immediately after death, think of it like this. Have you ever had a dreamless sleep? for example, you fall asleep and then you feel like you woke up immediately after but in actuality, you have slept for several hours.
I think that death is kind of like a dreamless sleep that you don't wake up from.

If you are no longer afraid, it is up to you what you do next. But if you choose to keep playing, let's improve our highscore together.
>>
>>27508284
This.

Still, I plan on leaving this world soon. It really is just pointless work towards nothing.
>>
>>27508597
Thanks
That reassures me to reading viewpoints like this
I'm less afraid of it
Sorry lad but my game was rigged from the beginning
Will donate my organs after suicide, at least will help people who have reasons to continue living
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 1334x750
>>27506626
go play Sonic Adventure you autistic cuckold
>>
>>27507054
This
t. someone who fell behind but is trying to make the necessary steps to improve

But chances are you won't understand. Not yet at least.
>>
to perpetuate the cycle of loving suffering creating and destroying.

basically you are only here to fuck. people spend their entire lives contributing to society just so they can get enough money to survive long enough to attract a mate so they can create another little shit to do the same. there is no higher meaning it's all bullshit. cells dividing to create more cells. life is essentially cancer.
>>
>>27506626
To make more people dumbass
>>
>>27506626
Baby's first existential crisis? Welcome to the club, I've been thinking this way for a year now.
>>
>>27508658
by high score he means kill as many people as possible before you go. dumbass.
>>
>>27508203
I dont know the meaning of life but the purpose to reproduce and continue life, now I dont know what youre trying to say in the first paragraph but if retards are the best suited to their environment then they survive, and if they all die out from inbreeding then some other species would take their place, this scenario is dumb anyway, how did the retards get on the island, what happened to the non retarded humans?
>>
to blow people up in the name of allah
>>
File: 1384494857155.jpg (9 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
1384494857155.jpg
9 KB, 252x244
>>27508729
>a year

get a load of this high schooler. if you haven't been crippled by existential angst for over 10 years, you need to get out.
>>
>>27508723
because 7 billions aren't enough
>>
>>27508729
So what your like 8 years old then? How small of a box have you been living in faggot?
>>
>>27508750
Look I really don't want to convince people everything is pointless. If you believe continuing life is a good thing well that's great I don't want to argue with that. Sometimes I just like to talk about things with people that have an understanding about things that can take a lot of time and study to kind of put all together, it challenges what I think I know or leads me to different things to learn.
Sometimes I just click with people that are fun to discuss things with. [okay that's a lie I don't have anyone to talk to in real life]
I should probably know better than to talk about shit like that here not everyone is capable of having a discussion without being effected by it negatively. I should probably try to find a place where I can potentially have private discussions with people.
>>
To make something out of nothing.
To be happy.
To reproduce
To be useful.
To be honorable.
Maybe to help out the environment.
It's nothing very special. Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try to live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.

Existantialism is a huge waste of time.
Go on OP, you can make yourself the greatest NEETposter of all time. Go do that if that is what you wish to do.
>>
>>27508876
Youre not gonna convince me of anything because I already think life is pointless, its just that the way I see it the reason we were born is to create more of ourselves just like every other organism on this planet, and it didnt affect me negatively I just like being a cunt while talking on the intranet
>>
>>27508991
what's the point of not killing yourself if you aren't gonna miss anything?
>>
>>27509010
Literally no point, if your reason is good enough
>>
My dream of covering this world in darkness is what keeps chained to the mortal world.
>>
>>27506626
This world may tuly be worthless, however, if you remain alive you may see something interesting.
>>
>>27508991
>its just that the way I see it the reason we were born is to create more of ourselves
You see a reason in any of it, I'm not going to be the one to try and take it from you. Just enjoy it while you can. Maybe you'll be lucky and not figure it out someday. Like it doesn't really matter if it's pointless personally I just accept that as a fact. There's probably some good stuff worth something something don't kill yourself
I'm kinda done here for now.
>>
>>27506689

>>make something out of it

>why?

That's up to you.

I mean you're not stepping on new ground here saying "life has no point" This thought exercise has been labored over in more thoughts than you could think in your entire life-time.

Yes, we've some how come into being in this crazy Universe.
No, humanity will probably never make it into the stars, Earth will be our tomb.
So what's there to do then?

That's up to you.
The purpose of human life is to give one's own life meaning.
And if your life has no meaning it means you haven't done enough searching.
>>
Why is it so hard for you to accept this sort of nothingness? Do you sincerely there's more to life that itself cannot be explained?

Here's a newsflash millionaires, rock stars, and even monks haven't understood it neither. We're just here because.
>>
Stars cannot see.
>>
>>27506626
Just be yourself.

Original comment inbound.
>>
>>27508833
>So what your like 8 years old then?
>So what your like
>So what your
>your

Go back to elementary school and learn proper grammar before calling me a child, you fucking idiot.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.