[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look guys... I know life can be very painful, and seem empty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Jesus-loves-you.jpg (39 KB, 307x384) Image search: [Google]
Jesus-loves-you.jpg
39 KB, 307x384
Look guys...
I know life can be very painful, and seem empty and meaningless, trust me, I've been in some hopeless and terrifying situations, probably worse than a lot of you to be completely honest

Just remember that your life has a purpose and that you are loved by God, whether you believe it or not

I love you, and more importantly, Jesus loves you :)

God bless you family
>>
File: Steppin' Out.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Steppin' Out.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
>>27503566
god is a concept by which we measure our pain.
>>
>>27503566
I really wish I could still believe in God.
>>
>>27503566
Alright, I'll bite. What do you know about pain and how did Jesus help you?
>>
>>27503742
Been through some very embarrassing things that I can't even openly admit to here (I essentially became a "leper" metaphorically of course) I honestly can't tell you, it's just one of those things..Also beside that I was homeless for years and didn't really have anybody

I called out to Jesus to help me, and he did...he got me through tough times

Life isn't all fun and games, but no one said it would be. He can save you from some dire circumstances, and he loves you
>>
I like listening to Christian musics. The lyrics can be so vulnerable. A lot of regular music feels so insincere. Maybe it's because I have autism and get tired of subtlety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOT0ewK1QYo
>>
this was such a nice post (not christian either) thanks :)

only thing is i doubt god exists (especially after how each religion can be scientifcally or logically disproven
>>
I was christian once.

20 years of unanswered prayers, no feeling in church, no helpful life advice even and the unrelenting idea that I was a bad person made me give it up.

I would love to believe in something that held this kind of unconditional love for me. But I cannot reconcile the fact that there is so much suffering in the world with the idea of a loving, omnipotent god.

Maybe there is a creator of all things. But I feel no love of god. Life is suffering. Buddha was right.
>>
File: 1458955180407.jpg (139 KB, 655x722) Image search: [Google]
1458955180407.jpg
139 KB, 655x722
>>27503566

fuck off christfag

stay stuck believing in fairy land and giving no credence to the world around you that is tangible and real
>>
How can I know that Jesus loves me

I don't have any friends and I want to have friends.
>>
>>27504653
The idea that God is a being separate from nature itself is more or less a product of polytheism degenerating into monotheism. There used to be a god of water, god of thunder, etc. but monotheism made that all elements of one god. Which somehow became that god was outside of nature.

Point I'm trying to make is that God is everything. God is water, trees, rain, the wind, the rapture of chocolate (or whatever you like eating), and so forth. God is the good in the universe rather than a failed counterbalance to it.
>>
>>27504725
>Point I'm trying to make is that God is everything.
So when the universe was nothing, what made the everything/God?
>>
>>27504741
Ancient Egyptians had a half dozen or more theories of the universe's creation. Reason one, the more possibilities they came up with, the greater the chance that one was right. Reason two, IMO, is that it doesn't matter. The universe exists. Man is part of something greater than himself. It's like were all instruments, every person, animal, plant, and so forth, in a symphony larger than any mind can comprehend. The music that we make together, the breath of the universe in every second, that is God.
>>
>>27504794
So basically, you don't know, so your theory doesn't make sense
>>
>>27503566
if god and jesus love you why did they put you on this earth?
>>
>>27504676
Sorry dude

All I do is go off of my own experience in life just like you do
j was like you once too. Stay stuck in believing that only your way of thinking could ever be possible just because you haven't experienced what other people have

You might be doing damage to people's spiritual lives and not even know it, yet your arrogance makes you think it's okay
>>
>>27504725
thats pantheism and pantheism is stupid.
god is not in my desk or my desk chair.
>>
>>27504853
Let's say you're a savage that has never eaten baked foods. Then cake is put in front of you, you eat it, the flavor hits your mouth, causing a reaction in your brain that makes you feel like you're in heaven. Is the question about the experience being genuine really who made the cake?

Organized religion is just a way of making the spiritual experience into a tool of power. The experience itself, like prayer, worship, meditation, admiring the beauty of nature, is pure.

>>27504904
Eh, arguably pantheism is about living beings.
>>
>>27503566
>whether you believe it or not
which is why I'll burn forever if I don't
>>
>>27505167
Yeah. It will happen whether you believe it or not. You just said it. Since you're fortunate enough to know you might as well get with the program. You just showed you don't have the excuse of not being aware
>>
File: 1427496860618.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1427496860618.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
I am currently in a state of soul searching. I just turned 25 and the last two weeks I have been fascinated by Dr. William Lane Craig and Ravi Zacharias. The reasonable thinking made me question my old atheistic views of Dawkins.

I have been to church for the first time in about 10 years and I have bought the King James Bible and currently am reading the new testament.

All I have learned so far makes so much sense and I am truly commited to learn more and want to open my heart, but as of now it looks so unimaginable to me to actually truly believe in Him.

They I would say it is, I havent seen the light, but I am strongly convinced it is burning just behind the corner.

Could you perhaps give me some advice please ?
>>
>>27505758
>TURN OR BURN
>TURN OR BURN
gimme better reasons to accept Jesus OP.
better reasons.
>>
>>27503566
If god liked me ?
Why was I born to start with ? And don't tell it is for him to test me. I'm seriously fed up with his bullshit.

He owe me a refund cause frankly, I'm sincerely disappointed from this experience.
>>
>>27503566
>Your suffering has a reason behind it
>God decided we would come into this world like this/become like this
>Jesus loves us
I seriously wish people like you get trapped in a burning building
>>
>>27507178
when you start to experience spiritual and personality renew you will notice life feels much more bearable. I was once lost now I feel needed. Plus it will give you something to live for. Its not like God demands much in return for everything he gives you in return. Plus dont you want to shitpost in heaven for eternity? Think of all the memes and other things you will experience in life over the course of 100 years. I doubt you can fathem that much in the future but if you could then try 1000. The lord is always on your side, all you need to do is become devote and let him inside to help you become a better person
>>
>>27507242
that felt alot more personal, thanks man
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.