[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Normie Things You Just Don't "Get":
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
I saw a post on this idea and thought it would be an interesting albeit unoriginal thread. I'm sure we all have some examples of this.

I'll start with an easy one: Chipotle.

Why do they like Chipotle so much? I had it today for the first time in years and was just reminded of how bland it is. It's not offensively bad or anything, I just don't understand how something so relatively mediocre could genuinely seem appealing to enough people to get it to meme status.
>>
>>27503315
i second this, i try it every couple months and its never anything special, just bland ass rice and meat in a tortilla, no good sauces or seasonings
>>
I love chipotle. I don't like spicy food but the small amount of spices on the meats are perfect, it's consistent everywhere in the country, and it's great for getting a lot of protein for someone who lifts.

Sorry it isn't chicken tenders
>>
File: 1455418109234.jpg (24 KB, 402x415) Image search: [Google]
1455418109234.jpg
24 KB, 402x415
>>27503315
Some of the things I don't understand:

>How they enjoy going out in clubs
It's just loud music blasting and drunken people screaming and making stange moves. Maybe it's a social thing and they don't really enjoy that and are socially pressured to do so.

>Have the need for eye contact
Make me uncomfortable and send much more information than staring down, it's harder to think of what you will say.

>Small talk
Exchange informations that have near to zero interest, just too avoid being silent with another person.

>Fearing of being alone
It seems that they have the constant need to be with someone else
>>
>>27503385
Shut the fuck up Chad piece of shit
>>
I will never understand normie music or dances. It's always just take some word or phrase and repeat it for 75% of the song. These two are the worst offenders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWulmBUNnHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=428owtKUJYk
>>
>>27503450

I'm by far the most autistic person in the gym but whatever you need to tell yourself to avoid self-improvement
>>
Watching TV while on their phones. Not only can you watch the equivalent of TV on your phone, bit you're probably overstimulating your brain. My colleagues do this in the break room and it annoys the hell outta me.
>>
>>27503450
I am a complete loser but chipotle is great, the meats are marinated just right and the ingredients are all fresh. The only problem is it's overpriced, so I only have it occasionally as a treat.
>>
I never understand why they get shit faced drunk while at parties. Almost every time they either regret and/or don't remember what they did. And they always end up being the burden of other people
>>
File: explain this shet.png (166 KB, 480x323) Image search: [Google]
explain this shet.png
166 KB, 480x323
>>27503448
>How they enjoy going out in clubs
fucking this. what the fuck is there to do in a club anyway? just move around like retards, get pointlessly drunk and get hearing loss.
>mfw I hear that some one is going to the club with their buddies or something
>>
>>27503385
See, I don't even like chicken tenders that much but I can at least understand why it has meme status. Chipotle just doesn't make sense, but it seems like what you're saying is that because it's at least consistently mediocre instead of shoddy variation in quality, people just know that they can depend on it? That makes some sense I guess.
>>27503448
I can get behind a lot of this but
>>making eye contact
I do understand. The point is that you can send more information with your eyes than with just vocalization. It's just that normies have a lot more control over it than we do.
>>27503612
I also get this. I was sort of a failed normie when in college and did this with some friends a good number of times. Yeah, every time I blacked out I made a lot of choices I regret as soon as I learned about it but the most fun I can ever remember having was almost always the memory of what I was doing right before I blacked out. It's honestly some of the most purely blissful moments I've ever had. And its socially acceptable to do it with people.
>>
I hate how much they care about what other people are doing.

No I don't want to hear about the fat guy having troubles getting out of his, or the girl with a huge nose walking down the street. Let them just do their thing and mind your own fucking business.
>>
>>27503315
I don't even get on how some normalfag enjoy their series like Game of Throne. It is just plainly boring to watch. Anyone feel this way ?
>>
>>27503755
I mean I like House Of Cards, it's the only of those style shows that really grabbed me, but all those other drama series are so fucking redundant and such a big investment and waste of time imo
>>
>>27503884
Personally the only show I was able to watch at best was Dr House.
>>
Superhero movies. I don't get these at all. However, I still enjoyed the ones made before the current fad like the original Spiderman trilogy, the Dark Knight, etc.
>>
>>27503938

Superheroes are an inherently stupid, lame idea that stops being interesting when you turn about 11.

You can always spot a fake nerd by how much he talks about capeshit.
>>
>>27503906
>Dr House.
First couple of seasons were good before it went to shit. Stopped watching after they got rid of like 90% of the cast.
>>
File: ashjsej.gif (70 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
ashjsej.gif
70 KB, 320x320
>>27504035
>its my favorite tv show
>tfw I stopped watching it after House and Cuddy got together since I'm sure its gonna fuck up somehow

I want to watch the rest but I'm so afraid
>>
>>27504065
Yeah it was a good one. I really enjoyed it up until they got rid of everyone for some reason. I guess it was getting a little stale by then, but they just needed some new good stories.

>tfw another series down the drain halfway through its course
>>
>>27504101
eh I only cared about House, Cuddy, and Wilson for the most part

like he evolved so much from the start going through the shit with Wilson early on, Kutners suicide, then going to a mental hospital

shit was awesome watching him change certain things but keep his cool af personality through it all
>>
File: 1401579900343.jpg (83 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1401579900343.jpg
83 KB, 384x313
Honestly, I don't understand the Chipotle meme either. Really, most of the time there's gonna be a way cheaper Mexican restaurant near you anyways.

Anyway, the one I do not understand the most is striking up conversations about the most stupid bullshit ever. Fully aware I'm a complete social autist but fucking hell.

>trying to get into a new hobby
>pick up fishing after reading a bit on /out/
>went fishing
>snowbirds everywhere on the pier, not even fishing.
>shootme.jpg
>literally every single one of them that walks by ask me with a barrage of questions about fishing.

I just want to fucking fish and these people act like I'm the god damn fishing trainer in World of Warcraft.

I never even want to go fishing again on a public pier again after that. People act like you're a freaking master angler if they see out there with a rod and bait.
>>
>>27503315
No threatening sidebyside Spanish/English menu to butcher. You order specials there, right? It eliminates the decision making of going to a taqueria.
>>
File: 1458112311722.jpg (33 KB, 629x505) Image search: [Google]
1458112311722.jpg
33 KB, 629x505
>>27503315
>ITT: Normie Things You Just Don't "Get"
Sex with women.
>>
life.

what the fuck is this shit? My best case scenario is get up every day and do the same fucking thing for 40 years.
What the fuck is this shit? Our entire planet is insane. Our whole species fits the definition of insanity according to far creinstien.
If some alien species were to observe us nature documentary style they could only conclude that we were collectively nuts.
I can't even handle getting up at 9 am 5 days a week, how am I expected to handle a 9 to 5 job 5 days a week for the rest of my life? How is that desirable to anyone?
Maybe 1% of our civilization creates something of value or furthers some goal.
But the vast majority of us are just moving bullshit around. We're not contributing to the species or to anything at all. We're just fucking existing, moving arbitrary amounts of arbitrary currency there and back again on useless bullshit until one day when an accident or suicide or disease takes us.
And that's life.
The most interesting thing we do is fuck each other and have kids.
And we can't even do that.
>>
>>27503938
Superhero movies have become so formulaic they're literally unbearable to me. Watching them is torture.

However, I too enjoy a lot of them made before the MCU came about. I still watch the Sam Raimi SM trilogy all the damn time. I enjoy them all, even 3. They're creative and funky and fun and scary and cool.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.