[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what are /r9k/'s favorite quotes and idioms? Quote:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: images (6).jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
10 KB, 225x225
So what are /r9k/'s favorite quotes and idioms?

Quote:
>pic related
Idiom:
>"Break a leg"
>>
I forgot who said it but:
"if you take the knowledge of the smartest person on earth and the dumbest person on earth and put them on the spectrum of 'how much there is to know' they will be immeasurably separate."
>>
"Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy." - Some manlet chink
>>
>>27502317
Quote:
"Chat shit get banged"
>>
"There is only one true philosophical problem, and that is suicide"

Albert Camus
>>
>>27502943
/lifelong/
>>
Cant think of one off of the top of my head but if you're into shit like that I recommend picking up a copy of "The 2,548 Wittiest Things Anybody Every Said" by Rober Byrne. Just a large book full of great quotes. They're seperated by theme and there is an index by person in the back for easy lookups. On of my favorite things to use when spicing up a paper.
>>
You actually can close your heart to things you don't want to feel.
That's why people don't bother having any compassion for the cows killed for their burgers. They closed their heart to not include them.
Also, that's why killers can kill others, because they don't feel connected, understanding, and compassion, or mercy for their victim.

If you are extremely sad about breaking up with someone and wish you could close your heart to the pain, you probably could numb it out with distraction and training yourself to devalue what you "hold dear to your heart". But that would be a terrible idea, as you need to express and feel your emotion to be able to heal eventually.

If you close your heart it's like closing your eyes but the unsightly scene will forever be there waiting for your to open your eyes to see it finally.
If you open your heart or eyes then it may hurt but you have he ability to work with reality and change the setting.
>>
>>27503109
Also, Didn't mean to criticize your quote though. It's a good message for people if it reminds them to let themselves feel what they need to fee.
>>
>>27503109
>Also, that's why killers can kill others, because they don't feel connected, understanding, and compassion, or mercy for their victim.

nah that's mental illness. that's different than willingly shutting out emotions
>>
>>27503109
>That's why people don't bother having any compassion for the cows killed for their burgers.
they aren't there to see the animals die, they just walk into the grocery store and it's more of an item than an animal at that point. it's sustenance
>>
>The ideological supermarket - like any supermarket - is fit only for looting.
>>
>>27503202
What about the ones working in the slaughter houses?
>>
>>27503109
The point of the quote is that is impossible or at least extremely difficult to close one's heart through effort. Sometimes it happens naturally, sometimes it doesn't.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.