[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all of Azeroth has great scenery and comfy environments >Cataclysm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: WorldMap-World.jpg (373 KB, 982x678) Image search: [Google]
WorldMap-World.jpg
373 KB, 982x678
>all of Azeroth has great scenery and comfy environments
>Cataclysm happens and ruins everything

Why did they do it /r9k/? Why did Blizzard kill the world? At least they didn't completely fuck up and spared the Outlands from getting raped.

Also, what was your favorite zone?
>>
>>27500120
The real question is: why aren't you playing Vanilla WoW on Nostalrius right now?
>>
>>27500138

I played for awhile when it came out but then fell out around 45 because I got busy with school. Is it still going strong?
>>
>>27500138
soulless overpopulated imitation

I'd say Darkshire / Duskwood was my favorite
>>
>>27500120

> At least they didn't completely fuck up and spared the Outlands from getting raped.

That in itself is a problem though. For better or worse, 1-60 is revamped, and then all of a sudden you go to Outland, and it almost feels like a different game. Not only that, but due to the leveling pace, you don't get to really immerse yourself into it. It and northrend are just chores now, where the content is dead but you can't really level efficiently with just dungeons.
>>
>>27500120
>tfw never played wow or any mmo for that matter

What happened op? What's the big deal
>>
File: 1454214113570.jpg (42 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
1454214113570.jpg
42 KB, 400x370
>>27500279
>tfw leveling an alt and there's 1 other person hogging up my Outlands
>>
>>27500326

When the cataclysm expansion came out, they completely redid the 1-60 zones. Now this doesn't sound bad, and it's not to say that there weren't any improvements, but vanilla wow had a certain unpolished charm. You could really easily get into the story of a zone and how it fits into the Warcraft story as a whole. Then cata happened, and it destroyed that atmosphere with memes, everything being a joke, terrible voice acting out the ass, and a degree of polish that removed a good deal of semblance to Warcraft.
>>
>>27500120
I miss 1000 needles
>>
>>27500120
>tfw watching the goblin-gnome races at the Mirage Raceway
>tfw those little rivalries that'd form between myself and opposing players as we level in the same zone and gank each other.
>>
>>27500428
And don't forget the strange time vortex, where you can now encounter the Westfall brigade at Sentinel Hill, back from their deployment in Grizzly Hills, then sixty levels later run into them in Grizzly Hills.
>>
Da fuck are you talking about? Outlands got it 100x worse than Azeroth

I gave up WoW in 1st tier of Cataclysm and i'm glad for it. Huge waste of time, if you're doing it right at least.
>>
>>27500789
>Outlands got it 100x worse than Azeroth

How? It was completely untouched. The level scaling is fucked to hell and back sure but that's true for everything up until WoD.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.