[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there any valid argument against suicide? I don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9
File: eno.png (795 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
eno.png
795 KB, 960x540
is there any valid argument against suicide?

I don't know why I should keep going
>>
At some point you gonna die anyways, so why not stick around
>>
>>27499693
at some point I'm gonna die, so why not get it over with right now?
>>
Suicide is for the weak and a waste of the chances you were given at life. People who kill themselves are so idiotic that im glad they died.
>>
>>27499725
correct, I'm weak and idiotic which are some of the reasons why I want to die. I'm glad we're on the same page.
>>
Sometimes I feel like that suicide would be the best way out. Until I think about all of my friends and family and how such a thing would destroy them. That is what keeps me churning on. Keep going anon, because someone out there cares about you, and they would be in tears upon receiving news of your loss.
>>
>>27499796
that's pretty selfish of your friends and family to guilt you into living in pain because they don't want to be sad
>>
Think about it this way. Imagine life is a big fucking cliff, you are on your way up and are so tired you are contemplating letting go. But there might be something fucking radical at the top. You already know what is down, you've been there. Letting go will only undo all the climbing you've done. Even if there isn't something fucking gnarly at the top at least you are up there and will have a better jump if you decide you want to fall.
>>
>>27499843
That's not at all what I meant, I meant that they would be crushed by my loss. That idea turns me around any time that I am down.
>>
File: listen.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
listen.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>27499656
just do it fajit
>>
>>27499866
>at least you are up there and will have a better jump if you decide you want to fall
life is actually more like a big hole

you climb down because you hope there's good shit at the bottom, or you jump off because you're sick of climbing down

but you decide to keep climbing down because your optimism tells you there's something good at the bottom. you get to the bottom and there's nothing there. you spent years climbing down and there's nothing there. and you're at the bottom, so you can't even jump down and kill yourself. so you pathetically bang your head against the wall until you bleed out and die.
>>
>>27499796
This is why I am waiting for both my parents to die before checking out.
>>
suicide is an affirmation of your existence
>>
There's no argument. If you want to die, just fucking die.

You don't want to die though. Not really. You just want peace, and the easiest solution to peace in your mind is death.
>>
It would scare any potential loved ones you have. That's it.

That's why I promised myself to wait until my mom dies to seriously consider it.
>>
>>27500200
I don't know of any other solutions
>>
>>27500252
*scar

Gomenasai
>>
I've always thought about it but it'd ruin my mom for the rest of her life so I really can't.
>>
suicide is the most elegant and beautiful way to die

there is no argument against it that holds water
>>
File: file.png (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
file.png
78 KB, 500x500
>>27499796
>>27499923
>>27500252
>>27500286
so pretty much the only way out is "wait until my mom dies"
>>
File: 1408392466893.png (532 KB, 609x460) Image search: [Google]
1408392466893.png
532 KB, 609x460
sometimes I fantasize about being killed in an auto wreck or a mass shooting so my family doesn't remember me as a coward
>>
File: 1418812165137.gif (125 KB, 350x253) Image search: [Google]
1418812165137.gif
125 KB, 350x253
>>27499656
you have a choice
>live depressed in a world of lies
or
>live depressed yet sort of happy

it never hurts to try
and to learn from mistakes
>>
>>27501007
>live depressed yet sort of happy
how do I do this one
>>
How can you kill yourself when you haven't even watched all of the anime yet?
>>
>>27501320

Things that keep me from killing myself:
-a chance to play cool videogames, watch cool shows, listen to cool music, watch cool movies, read cool books, eat cool food
>>
File: 1450354855155.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450354855155.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
>>27501339
but when you get depressed, videogames and anime and music stop being cool
>>
you couldn't look at or post images of distraught anime girls anymore
>>
>>27501404
this. anyone who still enjoys things is not truly depressed
>>
>>27501429

how about enjoying listening to depressing music while depressed?
>>
>>27501290
Be a normalfag, and just wear depression as a fashion accessory.
>>
>>27501429
Escapist fantasy can be just as potent as any alcohol or drug addiction. It's not that you enjoy them so much as it is you can lose yourself in them for a moment and forget yourself.

>>27501458
Listening to upbeat music when you're depressed is the true suffering. It feels like a lie and like happy people are throwing it in your face that you aren't.
>>
>>27499656
If you're depressed, kill yourself. Just do it, nobody will fucking care. There are already plenty of people in this world. Life is not a right you have, it's a concession. If you don't value it enough and frequently consider suicide, you clearly didn't deserve to win the race.
>>
>>27501290
find anything at all that will allow you to forget the pain of existence and latch onto it. but the pain will always be there under the surface. that's the human condition in the modern age. everyone's fucking depressed even if they don't know it.
>>
>>27499656
you assume that you will always be depressed. ride the wave, it may change and you'll be glad you didn't end your life
>>
>>27501579
and if it does not get better, do I have permission to take you with me when I finally break?
>>
>>27499656
Nothing is scarier than the unknown. Life is shit but at least you know how shit it is. You know nothing about what happens after death
>>
>>27501596
can you at least kill some negros before going down?
>>
>>27501487
>It's not that you enjoy them so much as it is you can lose yourself in them for a moment and forget yourself.
pretty much this

I used to watch anime for fun, now I have to constantly stuff myself with escapism just to feel at a normal
>>
>>27499656
there's still good animes you havent watched desu
>>
File: somuchfun.jpg (159 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
somuchfun.jpg
159 KB, 1920x1080
>>27501872
This is me all over, my internet was down for 3 days and I just spent most of it in bed kinda staring at the wall
>ty 2D escapism
>>
Unless you're actually suffering pain. There's always a .000...01% chance of something great will happen.
>>
>>27499656
listen to cappy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBYwS9dtAm0
>>
Killing yourself is pretty shit compared to staying alive being a total prick and fulfilling any carnal desires you have
>>
>>27502161
I am not a lucky man
>>
>>27502161
why would a given person consider suicide if they're not suffering?
>>
>>27499656
because you can do drugs
>>
>>27502191
but I don't want to be an immoral person, I don't want to cause hardships for other people, I just want to disappear
>>
>>27502205
suffering and suffering pain is different. Plain ol suffering is tolerable. Suffering pain hurts.
>>
>>27502217
Who's morals are you following? I bet you can't remember the last time you lived only for yourself. If you're going to kill yoursel then you're going to kill yourself but it's stupid and as your anonymous e-friend I advise you to pick the option that is option filled senpai
>>
Letting other people directly or indirectly decide your worth is giving them way too much fucking power. You should say fuck them and live life to your last natural breath. You decide that you're worth a damn.
>>
>>27502238
there's nothing "plain" nor "ol'" about emotional suffering.

intensity varies, obviously, but they're both fucking horrible.
>>
>>27502083
But to live you've got to work and that takes up most of your time and eats away at you.
>>
>>27499656
who is to say you will never experience some level of existence again in another form that endures magnitudes more suffering than you are now and has no control over its own life
>>
You're going to die eventually, what's the rush?
>>
>>27502492
You're going to die eventually, why not get it over with?
>>
>>27499656
your life is worth so much, please don't do it, etc.
>>
>>27499794
well if you understand that being weak and idiotic is in your head, then you should know that this can be changed. You might never become talented at anything meaningful but youd get options to achive something with your life.

Id say nice breathers to regular life are hiking trips, the kinds of where your legs are blistered as all hells, you are tired, ect. It gives perspective to your actually quite cozy life.
>>
File: 1457503357254.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457503357254.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
If your life is so shit that you need someone on 4chan to convince you to live, you probably shouldn't live.
>>
File: 1458967600869.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1458967600869.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
just smoke weed all day instead
>>
>>27502702
The harsh, honest truth. I'm in the same position though.
>>
>>27499656
You only have one life to live and you cannot say what the future holds
>>
>>27502950
>you cannot say what the future holds
no but I have a pretty good idea of where I'm headed

and it's entirely my fault too, I can't blame anyone else for my ineptitude
>>
>>27502983
But you can begin by making small changes that will add up overtime to bring you satisfaction
>>
>>27502983
>I have a pretty good idea of where I'm headed

That's a self fulfilling prophecy

As long as you're not old or facing a lengthy jail sentence you can change the direction that you're going

Very few people are going to rise to the status of "ubermensch"

Try out a change of scenery or learn some new skills or pickup a new hobby because once you're dead there's no starting over

I know what it feels like to lose all motivation and it's not a good place to be at all but if you look deep or not so deep sometimes you can find something even if it's small that will keep you moving forward
>>
>>27499656
>valid argument
If 'valid' is arbitrated by you, what's the point?

I can tell you the truth: Eternal life is real and you don't want to leave this life that way

I'd rather suffering from the mortal life than suffering where is not bounded by the limits of the body
>>
>>27503213
Nah once you die it's just like it was before you were born, you may have done some good for the world you may have done some bad for the world or you may have done nothing at all but it all ends the same way
>>
>>27503213
>I can tell you the truth. Eternal life is real
how are you so sure
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.