[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/losinghope/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1452498540933.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1452498540933.gif
2 MB, 250x188
I've always been optimistic even though my life has been utter shit.

But these past few years have really been beating me down day after day. I'm losing hope slowly and it's chipping away. I'm scared that eventually I'll succumb to my suicidal thoughts.

I really never though life could get this fucked up, how people can be so cold, how I can be so cold. I am constantly let down even though I had the lowest expectations I could have.

I really don't even know why i'm typing this out, maybe to clear my thoughts. You're my personal dairy, I don't give shit.

I just guess I want some people to relate to, as fucking pathetic as that sounds.
>>
Don't worry fellow robot. Maybe try watching movies or documentaries that make u contemplate ur existence and philosophies. Makes u wonder, and keeps ur mind away from suicide.
>>
>>27499107
Yeah maybe. I just get into a cycle of self-hatred that is somewhat fucked up, but it's satisfying. Sometimes I can't help it.

I don't help myself.
>>
Optimism gives rise to disappointment through unmet expectations. If you are constantly thinking about how good something is or can be, as soon as that event or idea fails to line up with your perceived perception of that event or idea, you become unhappy because it is not what you had expected.

If you expect to win the lottery and don't, you may feel unhappy because reality did not align with your expectations.

If you participate in the lottery knowing full well you have an incredibly low chance to win and don't win, it's fine because you went in knowing that the most likely outcome was that you would win nothing.

Conversely, if you go into the lottery expecting to win, and you do win money, you may be unhappy if you only win $50, desiring a greater payout; you felt that you did not "win" because the reward wasn't on the same scale that you perceived it to be.

Now, if you go into the lottery expecting to lose, understanding that you are unlikely to win, but walk away with $50 you would be ecstatic. You participated in a game of chance where a payout is unlikely but you beat the odds and got one anyway. You walk away knowing that you now have $50 that you didn't have before. (minus the cost of the ticket of course)

It's all about perception and your interpretation of that perception.

Check out some Stoicism, anon.

http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2013/03/19/3-stoic-techniques-that-can-help-you-gain-tranquility-in-street-photography/
>>
File: 1456025667195.jpg (76 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1456025667195.jpg
76 KB, 409x409
>>27499225
Thank you anon, I really appreciate it.

It looks interesting, i'll give it a read
>>
>>27499225
>Optimism gives rise to disappointment through unmet expectations.
Except if your expectations are having a life that doesn't suck you have every reason to be disappointed and how you look at it doesn't change the fact like can fucking suck. You can fake that it doesn't we all do to some degree it doesn't make it suck any less.

There is a reason why stoicism fell out of popularity. Stoics were fucking losers. They just tried to rationalize why it's okay to be a loser. I don't play to lose fuck that.
>>
>>27499060
Stop having hope.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.