[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In a couple weeks I will be able to take a training course to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: forklift.gif (76 KB, 315x297) Image search: [Google]
forklift.gif
76 KB, 315x297
In a couple weeks I will be able to take a training course to become a fork lift operator

should I do it or should I get neetbux?
is it a robot job?
>>
>>27496674
Honestly I worked fork lifting. It is worth it OP. The only reason I don't still do it is because of my new cushy government job where I get paid to do 2 hours of work a day and spend the rest of the 6 hours slacking off.
>>
I run a warehouse, and I too operate a forklift.

It's a great job for robots if you work for a smaller company (i.e. cable). I watch TV most of the day.
>>
>>27496698
is it fun operating that machine

like would an autist enjoy it
>>
working in a factory/warehouse is great you dont have to deal with stupid customers and as long as you get your work done you don't really have to talk to anyone besides your boss
>>
you should do it, but watch this video first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do7lYmr2fPs
>>
>>27496751
bretty fun I guess

for a job that is
>>
>>27496674
It's pretty dope. Don't kill anyone OP
>>
File: 1456654722079.png (2 MB, 1300x1500) Image search: [Google]
1456654722079.png
2 MB, 1300x1500
You'll be getting paid more being the fork lift operator. You'll also probably be in a union and get gurrantied pay raises while neetbux never change. You'll also have something on a resume. and people to talk to at your place of work.

seriously don't let the neets fool you. that life isn't that great.
>>
I just started a delivery driver job driving the flatbed at Lowe's. Have to take a crash course and learn all the power equipment. (forklift, truck mounted forklift, stand up forklift, appliance forklift)
So far I've only used the truck mounted forklift and some practice on the regular forklift. It's intimidating at first OP but you get used to it.
I'd say do it.
>>
"Has he passed his forklift driver's test? He GIVES the test!"
>>
I say go. I work at FedEx freight and this job fits me, despite the hours sucking a little. I have to wake at 3am, get to work at 4 then leave at 10. I really like it, I just wish I was stronger so the sleep schedule wouldn't affect me as much.
>>
>>27496879
woah
pretty fucked up video
>>
>>27496674
Do the forklift definitely. If nothing else, you can race each other in forklifts around the complex every day before your shift starts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnqHdwkngjU
>>
File: ftl_cascadia_004_h.jpg (889 KB, 1050x750) Image search: [Google]
ftl_cascadia_004_h.jpg
889 KB, 1050x750
Just be a Road NEET.

>Live on a cozy cabin
>go on long hauls across the country
>earn $60k+ a year up to 100k if you go on long hauls.

I thinking about doing this, I hate my soul crushing job, and my co workers.

Class A training is only like 2k, some companies also pay you the training.
>>
>>27496674

Do eet, man.

Neetbux is neither easy nor assured. Always good to have a backup plan, especially when it's a useful skill.
>>
>>27498126
>2K
Damn son I'm paying like 5K for mine.
>>
File: 1458917239098.jpg (148 KB, 987x700) Image search: [Google]
1458917239098.jpg
148 KB, 987x700
>>27498126
>those fucked up hours
>forcing yourself to stay awake
>>
>>27499283
You only drive for like 8-10 hours.
>>
>>27498126
>cozy cabin
More like cuckshed
>60k a year
HAHA not in the first two years you won't. And even then not as a company driver.
>>
>>27499312
What I hear is that you'll drive those hours
Then you're off 14 hours
Then you'll make a 4 hour trip
Then you'll take 8 hours off
Then you'll make a long ass trip with a fucked up sleep pattern
>>
>>27498126
Women hate truck drivers.

why work a shitty job if society hates you for it?
>>
I used to work in a warehouse and the fork lift drivers had it pretty easy while they slave drived everyone else
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 500x500
I learned how to operate a Forklift because of Shenmue and it is awesome.
>>
>>27499356
You'll have a fucked up sleep schedule sure. But it really all depends on what company you drive for and what you do.

One guy I know drives to texas for 4 days and is off 3, makes 50K a year doing this.

Dedicated routes are regular and nice. No surprises very little variation.

Regional is what fucks people over on the schedule. Because you could go anywhere. You can go 100 miles or 3-400 miles away or more. You will do this a lot.

Some people like regional because it sometimes pays more and it's probably where the position are at.
>>
>>27498126
My dad drives a truck and makes really good money but he has worked there for 23 years and has absolutely terrible hours. Don't think I could do it
>>
>>27498126
is trucking a robot profession .
>>
>>27498126
>>27499882
i want to be a trucker but im 19 :_; will they let me become one?
>>
I do transportation stuff in the military. Working with forklifts is by far the most fun part. Big all terrain ones are more fun since they let you really manhandle shit but the hysters are awesome for whipping around and goofing off in the warehouse.
>>
I work a forklift job now.
It's kind of weird at first because it steers from the rear wheels.
It also takes a small bit of time to get used to lining the forks up right.

Overall not a bad job.
>>
>>27500096
Do you pop wheelies on they ass though?
>>
I'm currently a forklift driver and have been doing it for about 10 years. Ask me anything, doggies.
>>
>>27500170

Unfortunately, with all the cameras and shit in warehouses, it's too risky to fuck around too much. I did mess around way more than I should have on deployment loading bombs onto trailers though.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.