[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well after 7 years of being a NEET I think I'm finally going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1458350007341.png (264 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1458350007341.png
264 KB, 540x429
Well after 7 years of being a NEET I think I'm finally going to leave my abusive home and family behind. I've lived on the streets before so I know it's not hard but it's still a pretty huge decision. I live in south FL so the weather won't be a problem.

Just needed to tell someone I guess.

Fuck me.
>>
what's the most important thing to do if you're living on the streets
>>
>>27496007
Stay true to the streets.
>>
>>27496007
Have a bottle of water, stay hydrated(I live in Florida), and have food stamps so you can feed yourself, and have access to a local library.
>>
Weather won't be a problem? Enjoy your heatstroke
>>
Damn...at least go and live with a comune or something.
>>
>>27495928
what county in florida, anon?
>>
>>27496207
Miami dade, homestead specifically
>>
Is your name Jack
>>
>>27496357
No my name is Michael.
>>
>>27496382
Michael go get a job, stop browsing the internet and read books.

Stay at your house and take advantage. You only have to sleep there. Occupy your time w/ positivism and you will only get that in return.

Ignore those who try to hurt you, they feel a greater pain that only hurt themselves.

It will take time, but that is all you have anyways.

Watch yourself. Be careful brave and courteous then when you are ready you can break free. Just make sure you have the necessary resources to be yourself.

Just know you are the only one stopping yourself.
>>
>>27496627
Thanks for the post but I don't know how much longer I can stay here without fucking going insane
>>
>>27496627
It's so hard to fucking keep going when someone is deliberately trying to hurt you and keep you from succeeding
>>
>>27495928

whatever happened to that robot that was living in a hole in the ground in a forest
>>
>>27497012
Meditate Michael, You've done it for X years anyways, whats a little bit more time. After all it is all you have left bud.

Reflect on yourself, Reflect on where you are and most importantly Reflect on where you want to go.

Its definitely a difficult adventure Michael, but if life was easy no one would have any stories.

You are strong, and smart and most importantly capable.

You've survived this far, whats a little more gunna cost ya?
>>
>>27497304
I guess you're right, maybe I will put this idea on hold. I have to think about it more. I don't know.
>>
>>27497167
he'll be back
>>
have fun i hope you learn some things there. it makes me laugh when i see bums asking for money for food. just ask for people to buy you food instead of money.
>>
>>27497346
See Michael you are already on the right track.

Just think and don't ever stop Michael.

Think hard enough that it forces you to act, only then can you achieve what you need to.
>>
File: 1426457717883.gif (458 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1426457717883.gif
458 KB, 250x250
Good luck, OP. I had an abusive family too and I've suffered a lot from it. It's a little better when you finally get out, but there's a lot you gotta learn how to do. When you're raised by abusive, neglectful, or drug addict (including alcoholics) parents, usually you're never taught simple things like how to handle emotions properly or maybe how to be responsible with your finances or even how to take care of yourself. As a result, it's easy to fall into mental illness or perhaps even a drug addiction yourself. It also gets very alienating at times not really having parents in the same way others do. I always feel like pushing my feelings away because I don't think other people could understand them. It can get very lonely when you're struggling heavily with things other people find easy, maybe like getting a job or time management or stuff like that. Most people don't understand where you're coming from or where you've been. They just see your bad behavior and habits without the background story, which makes it easy for them to conclude that you're lazy or worthless or stupid.

The very first step to really "escaping" your years of abuse is to realize all this, so you're not so hard on yourself. I really struggle with that. I feel like I hate myself more than anyone else does, even including some people who have told me they're gonna kill me when they find me.

The rest of the steps involve slowly teaching yourself all the things you've never been taught: healthy habits, managing your mental health, developing good ways of coping with your pain, etc. You don't need to pay hundreds to see some disinterested shrink, it's all online. Maybe look into CBT and, this one helped me the most, DBT. DBT was developed for treating BPD, an illness often associated with traumatic experiences, so it can help those struggling with any history of abuse too. It teaches you to handle your feelings properly, which helps me since I've always turned to drugs to block them out.
>>
File: 1372741594954.png (14 KB, 346x299) Image search: [Google]
1372741594954.png
14 KB, 346x299
>>27498130
All this advice is just kinda general stuff I've learned from my experiences working through my abusive adolescence. I wish I could help you with your decision to live on the streets, but that's unfamiliar territory to me. I'm pretty concerned for you, but it's ultimately your decision to make. I'm sure you've put a lot of thought into it. I know very well how bad the desire to escape can get. But that's where my understanding ends, since I personally have only faced homelessness for a day. I slept under the teacher's desk in one of my uni's classrooms, which I know is nothing like real homelessness.

I don't know too much about social workers, but if you're able to get one that would be a great help. I had a gf who was studying social work, which is where I learned most of my knowledge about recovery and therapy. A social worker can help you find a home, a job, mental health treatment (if you need it), and help you with the paperwork for government aid, like foodstamps and shit. Whenever I get hospitalized, I'm always assigned a social worker and they help me make long-term plans to make sure I don't wind up in the hospital again.
>>
>>27497346
Hey, just my 2 cents here but that anon is right.
Use that house as your base for building a better future for yourself. Learn something, get a job, move into a swish as fuck apartment and never talk to them again.
>>
>>27498598
Yeah man i know its just so hard to deal with day after day god
>>
>>27495928
What do they do that's bad?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.