[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder to go out for a walk today. Either right now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
Friendly reminder to go out for a walk today. Either right now during the day or at night when there's less foot and car traffic.

Humans aren't the fastest or strongest animals. We can't climb trees very well, we can barely swim, we can't fly (not without an airplane or helicopter or something), we don't have claws, we don't have the ability to regenerate limbs, etc.

However, what we do have over all other animals, besides our intelligence, is the absolute best endurance. Various tribes hunt down and kill animals simply by just walking towards them and killing them from exhaustion after a day or two.

Walking is one of the easiest and most convenient forms of exercise. All that sitting around in front of you computer and sitting around in front of your TV isn't good for your legs, hips, knees, spine and overall health. A healthy body is a healthy mind!

I walked about 14 km, or 8 miles, and barely broke a sweat or felt it in my legs. I only came back because I wasn't wearing the right shoes and could feel blisters forming.
>>
>>27493234
Sounds like a good plan OP. Too bad I won't do it.
>>
File: 1448132589390.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1448132589390.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>27493234
I went on two walks today OP...maybe I should go on another.
>>
I live in Rochdale you faggot, if I had a walk some chavs might bully me
>>
>>27493427
Just wear shades and over-sized headphones and you'll be good to go.
>>
>>27493271
That's pretty cheeky of you senpai!
>>
>>27493460
Thanks.

thisisanoriginalcommentfamilia
>>
>>27493234
hey, thanks for this thread

make more like these if you feel like it
>>
>>27493596
Sure thing!

We should also have "how's your posture right now?" threads.
>>
File: kTsMNTY.png (491 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
kTsMNTY.png
491 KB, 800x1200
anything is alright, but posture is a good one

you could for something like diet and mindsets too

GOLEM GET YE GONE
>>
File: match sticks.jpg (19 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
match sticks.jpg
19 KB, 600x315
>>27493791
GOLEM GET YE GONE

me on the far right desu
>>
>>27493234
It has been raining all day. Why would I go for a walk in heavy rain? Yesterday it was snowing all day. Tomorrow is going to be more rain.
>>
>>27493234
>Go for a walk today
>Its raining
>browse 4chinz instead
>>
>>27493234
you came here act ultra cool and shit simply because you walk a few metres.
i bet you are even too fucking stupid to explain how a telephone works.
>>
>>27493919
>>27493922
walking in the spring rain with boots and a big umbrella is pretty relaxing desu. Just listening to the rhythm of it falling everywhere and flowing down the street.
>>
>>27493681
I walked. Can we have a posture thread too? Mines getting messed up

took some pics a few days ago, too bad the file size is to big...
>>
>>27494011
Forget the umbrella for me. Spring rain is real nice family, embrace it, especially if you're in warmer regions. Something about spring weather is so... Nostalgic
>>
File: 1459013871914.jpg (487 KB, 1000x725) Image search: [Google]
1459013871914.jpg
487 KB, 1000x725
>>27494011
>tfw no spooky but qt grill to take you under her umbrella and walk under the spring rain, smelling the earth as it rejuvenates with life

woah
>>
I ran 5 miles today OP
>>
>>27494042
mine has been shit for years.

When I was like 14-15 I grew to up to over 6 feet and had to literally look down at everyone, it didn't help that I had kid's furniture in my room as well and still have most of that god damn furniture in my room. I have to be sitting on the floor to be looking up at my TV or having it at eye level.

My dad would tell me "back your shoulders up" which didn't make sense in my mind because my shoulder are directly connected to my spine. It's more about sticking your chest out, your shoulders follow.
>>
>>27493234
Nice thread OP!

Walking is pretty great. If you feel like doing some higher intensity exercise though, try parkour.
>>
>>27494076
>mfw that smell when rain washes all the pollen away

unfortunately we're not quite there yet where I live. We're still in the "discovering thawing dog shit from November" phase of early spring.
>>
>>27494156
I thought about getting into it when it was the hot new meme of the late 2000s, but I don't trust my body that much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Xqgp4s8qk
>>
File: IMG_20160329_180400.jpg (2 MB, 3188x3580) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160329_180400.jpg
2 MB, 3188x3580
>>27494137
Guess we can Google some ways to help with posture. My mom watches a bit of Dr oz, and he did an episode on it if I remember.

>>27494165
Up in the Toronto here, we had some freezing rain for some reason. It was a nice walk tho, I saw a duck.

I hate the 2mb limit. Having to crop things is hardddd
>>
Who else /walk/ and /smoke/ at night?
>>
I would but I don't want to robbed/stabbed
>>
>>27493234
>broke a sweat
Where do you live?
>>
>>27494473
The trick is to look like a thug yourself. When I go for nightly walks I always wear a hoodie.
>>
>>27494473
Anywhere secluded you can go anon? Like a trail or something? Maybe Salk down a well lit Street that has some vehicular traffic?
>>
>>27493234
Good tip anon. Important to get a dose of Vitamin D from the sun everyday. Helps with depression and stabilizing mood
>>
GOLEM GET YE GONE

superoriginalblox
>>
i tried going for a night walk once
it was boring
>>
>>27494366
Nice photo pham, is it yours?
>>
>>27494488
Montreal, it was just 6 degrees (celsius, idk what that is in American) but it was a clear and sunny day and I was still dressed like I would be for a Canadian winter
>>
>>27495406
Ye I have some more, I'm not home rn so I can't upload. It's a real hassle cropping on a phone, especially since no computer (broke). Might start a robot photo thread. Any tips on how to decrease filesize without cropping?
>>
>>27493234
Walking isnt good exercise.
>>
>Humans aren't the fastest or strongest animals
>Animals
I don't think humans can be classified as animals m8+1 bayonet.
>>
>>27493234
I go on walks everyday, at least 20 min (usually I walk 30 to 40 min).
Today I walked to the supermarket
>>
>>27494417
Yup. Maximum comfy feels there. Except you're probably talking about tobacco and I'm a degenerate weed smoker.And I actually use a portable vape.
>>
>>27495986
homo sapiens

glad we cleared that up
>>
I used to love walking until I was mugged/jumped/assaulted not once but three times by roaming gangs of Chads so now I'm too afraid to leave my house (I live in Miami, crime capital of the country)
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.