[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /r9k/ get their steaks done? I like mine well done because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 15
File: steak-doneness.jpg (139 KB, 708x830) Image search: [Google]
steak-doneness.jpg
139 KB, 708x830
How does /r9k/ get their steaks done? I like mine well done because I don't like having blood in my food.
>>
>>27492711
Between Medium rare and rare.
>>
Medium, used to be well done, but medium actually tastes better.

There are more important things to get autistic about than steak.
>>
Well done, anything else is disgusting.
>>
>>27492711
There is no blood in a steak you fucking retard. Do you think muscles have blood vessels inside of them? No, muscles of a cow just happen to be red just as muscles of a chicken are pale tan and various fish are different colors. A rare steak is not bloody, it's just not ruined by heat.
People who order well done steak not only have bad taste, but they're also idiots for ordering something expensive and ruining it into what is essentially hamburger meat.
>>
>>27492711
At a steakhouse I usually order rare, because most places tend to slightly overcook their steaks. Medium well is as done as I'm willing to go.
>>
Additionally, there is no chef in the public eye that prefers anything more cooked than medium. 98% prefer medium rare or rare. This is not a coincidence, this is because to those with a honed palate, overcooking a steak is ridiculous. This is a fact agreed upon by the majority of informed society. This is equivalent to arguing with an Italian tailor about the quality of a Walmart shirt. You can prefer shit, but don't fucking believe for a second you're in good company for it.
>>
Medium tastes best. Especially when you add ketchup.
>>
>>27492920
>This is equivalent to arguing with an Italian tailor about the quality of a Walmart shirt.
>wanting to pay $600 for a shirt with no stats
lel
>>
>>27492711
I like it rare for two reasons.

Number one I enjoy the taste, number two I am White.
>>
>>27492711
You're a fucking idiot. Might as well eat ground beef so you don't waste a perfectly good cut of meat. That red juice that you see isn't blood. It's hemoglobin, which when exposed to air oxidizes and turns red. They drain out all the blood of the steak. Secondly, you're ruining the flavor and tenderness of the steak. You might as well eat a fucking hockey puck at that point. WAY TO FUCKING RUIN THE GREATEST FOOD KNOWN TO HUMANKIND.
>>
Never go above medium rare
>>
If you order your steak anything past medium rare I'd say you deserve a gassing but I guess we need people to scrub toilets and sweep the roads so I'll let you off.
>>
>>27492711
>steak
I eat chicken because I'm not a faggot who tries to impress others. It's way better for you if you just eat chicken.
>>
I like medium rare the best, but rare is good too. Anything less than medium rare is wrecking it, and blue rare just seems to raw for me, the texture is different.
>>
>>27493006
>he thinks people eat steak to impress others
If you don't enjoy the taste of steak you're the faggot anon.

>I eat chicken exclusively
Negro detected therefore opinions discarded.
>>
>>27492711
I don't even eat steak because it's too expensive and even the "well done" looks too raw for my taste :/
>>
>>27493006
>Chicken
I eat vegetarian because I'm not a faggot who tries to impress others (despite the fact It actually does to some degree) Who gives a fuck who eats what.
>>
>>27493006
>I'm not a faggot who tries to impress others.
And yet here you are, saying what you're saying.
>>
>>27492711
Rare
no other way
>>
well done, the red liquids/meat are objectively, absolutely disgusting and they have to get the fuck out of my fucking food
>>
>>27492711
How do you manage a safe temperature with blue rare? Or do you simply not?
>>
>>27492933
>ketchup on steak
what the fuck
>>
>>27493162
pleb with no creativity or taste detected
>>
Medium, anything more and it's flavorless, anything less it's too chewy
>>
Well done smothered in ketchup
>>
>>27492933
>ketchup on your medium steak
OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU KETCHUP-FAGS ARE THE WORST
>>
Why the fuck do steak threads get so many replies?
>>
I don't like steak, but it's hilarious because of how many faggots say, "Well you just haven't had MY steak" or some other such shit. Or they say, "Well, you should eat rare, or well done instead!"

Steak sucks dick, period. There is nothing appealing about it. It's one of the shittiest, most over-priced dishes ever.
>>
Who /horseradishsauce/ here?
Tastes so fucking good with a steak.
>>
>>27493205
because my opinion > your opinion faggot
>>
>>27493150
Steak only has germs on the outside of the cut. As log as you sear the outside it is fine, they usually use very high heat sear for like 20-30s. This is also why ground beef should never be pink, because the whole thing is the outside of the steak
>>
Medium rare with green pepper sauce is the fucking best.
>>
>>27493208
you must never have had a good piece of steak then :)
>>
>>27493226
does it taste like horses?
>>
>>27493208
Something something opinions.

Something something shit taste.
>>
If you do not utter the word 'rare' at any point when the waitress asks you how you want your steak cooked you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
>>
>>27493293
Of course. Specifically, horse penis.
>>
>>27493322
I love giant horse cock not gonna lie
>>
>>27493226
I don't generally like it on steak. Prime rib or roast beef though....especially with some Bleu cheese.
>>
>>27493333
holy shit
quads of outrageous truth
>>
I like medium or medium rare.

Not too bloody, but has plenty of flavor.
>>
>>27493238
>Steak only has germs on the outside of the cut.
and only sometimes parasites inside
>>
>>27492826

this is the only comment worth reading.

all chefs hate well done. if some cock orders that the kitchen and wait staff all laugh at them for being stupid. it also means the other people on your table have to wait unnecessarily long for their food while yours gets cremated.

oh you order well done and people dont laugh? yes they fucking do. no one likes you.
>>
if you dont eat steak raw, you're a degenerate and not a robot
>>
medium rare

only my grandmother orders well-done steak

why the fuck do so many people like their steak dry and flavorless?
>>
chef here, i say enjoy your steak how you like it! i dont care if you drench it in ketchup or want it well done.
>>
Who in their right mind would ever buy a steak? Ground beef and chicken breast have similair nutritional values and cost less.
I cook all my chicken and ground beef well done because otherwise we get sick.
>>
Femanon here. I only fuck guys that eat their steak well done.
>>
>>27492711
I used to hate discusions on this topic until I realized that well-done for me is usually medium-rare for everyone else.
>>
>>27493176
>using ketchup
>creative
>>
>>27493790
Steak rarity isnt subjective, youre just color blind or autistic

>steak captcha kek
>>
File: 1455984347283.jpg (16 KB, 540x421) Image search: [Google]
1455984347283.jpg
16 KB, 540x421
>>27493980
>autistic

well about that
>>
I'm a black guy that likes my steak very rare or blue. My family hates it.
>>
>>27492711
Medium rare if done right. I've only had a few really good steaks in my life.
>>
Pork is the best meat. Steak is for cucks trying to falsely appear manly.
>>
>>27492711
only lean cuts

Blue Rare. its an acquired taste but man it is soo good.

tenderloin pleaseeee
>>
>>27493659
Taste? Shit, why don't we all just eat nutrient paste?
>>
Rare or Medium Rare are objectively the best ways to get your steak. You are a fucking child if you think it's "gross and bloody ://"
>>
>hehehe im a grown manly man lumberjack full beard!! i only eat rare steak like a REAL man because thats what my grandpa did and thats what society wants me to do because im a REAL man
Kill yourself. Just do it. Buy a shotgun and shoot yourself in the head.
>>
>>27494817
No anon, you are the nu male.
I eat medium rare steaks because anything more is tough, burnt, and tastes worse. You're the one trying to act manly by eating a flavorless, burnt piece of shit.
>>
File: 1458838209691.png (333 KB, 321x481) Image search: [Google]
1458838209691.png
333 KB, 321x481
>>27492933
>ketchup

I bet you put mustard on your pretzels don't you, you fucking neandethal
>>
>>27493205
because it brings in pic related
>>
>>27494863
Ok fuck YOU normalfag. Ketchup on steak is disgusting, while mustard on pretzels is patrician. Don't even fucking compare them.
>>
File: 1446420414630.jpg (74 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1446420414630.jpg
74 KB, 640x360
You literally can't be a robot unless you eat your steaks well done with ketchup.

NORMIES OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
>>27494844
No, youre a numale. You are too easy to manipulate and youre just eating rare steak because thats the "cool" opinion on 4chan.

Cut yourself and never ever stop. Faggot.
>>
File: 5d6.jpg (179 KB, 1700x1700) Image search: [Google]
5d6.jpg
179 KB, 1700x1700
>>27492711
only the rarest for me, thanks

,':^}
>>
>>27492711
It's been a while since I've had steak, but I'd get it well done.
>>
>>27492982
I see you have a point
>>
>>27492982
IT DOESN'T TURN RED WHEN EXPOSED TO AIR YOU RETARD IT'S ALWAYS RED
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27492826
You're honestly very unintelligent if you don't think OP was being ironic when he said that.
>>
Arguing about the proper way to cook a steak is one of the more autistic things /r9k/ does. Its like watching you all trying to act like how you think real people act and quite frankly it sickens me.
>>
I always stay just at medium.
>>
>>27492982
blood is literally made out of hemoglobin you stupid fucking idiot
>>
>>27492933
>ketchup

literally, metaphorically and metaphysically kill yourself
>>
>>27494817
But well done simply has less flavor and juicyness and is tougher.....
>>
>>27492777
You might as well eat chicken and not waste your money.
>>
Why the fuck would anyone enjoy anything before medium?
Go take a bite straight from a cow if you wanna feel like such a superior manly man. Absolutely disgusting.
Why even bother cooking it at all when 50%+ of the steak is gonna be raw.
>>
>>27492711
I like blue rare if it's a tenderloin / filet mignon.

Regular rare if it's a sirloin.

Rare to mid-rare if it's a ribeye.

Mid-rare if it's a flank steak.
>>
>>27492711
>how do you like your steak?
>TRIGGER DICIPLINE WOW
>le leg day xD

What other normie "memes" do you guys know of, that normies use to pretend like they're experts in that certain topic?
>>
>>27495762
I do eat it raw sometimes -- tartare.

But just a little bit of cooking helps the seasoning come together and it develops a nice crust texture. If you eat your steak more than medium you might as well not eat steak.
>>
>>27492711
My brother is an award-winning sommelier and the manager of a top-rated steak house. He told me that if a customer tried to order a steak well-done or a bottle of ketchup, that person would be asked to leave since it would be a terrible insult to their chef, and it's easier to get more customers than a good chef.

For the record, I eat my steaks blue. If you haven't tried raw meat (try kibbe; it's made with raw hamburger), I recommend you at least try it. Meat is sweet until you cook it, which carmelizes the sugars. I think you'll find raw meat is much tastier than cooked meat, and perfectly safe if you're eating quality meat from a butcher you trust, especially if it's served with spices which kill bacteria and parasites.
>>
>>27492711
>tfw colorblind
>cant tell blue rar from well done
>>
medium rare with a shit load of pepper sauce.
>>
>>27495789
>trigger discipline
People will lose their mind over this on 4chan. Even if the guy is a reckless criminal theyre still going to sperg out about the trigger discipline.
>>
>>27495868
Wow, that restaurant sounds fucking terrible. How are you going to have someone leave just because they wanted their steak well done? An insult to the chef? Bitch please, his money's good, let the man get his steak the way he wants.
>>
medium is the best
>>
>>27495903
Chefs are notoriously temperamental, and allowing a customer to insult the chef is likely to result in the chef walking out on the spot. A good chef is exceedingly rare. No quality restaurant would permit a customer to insult their chef. I'm guessing you eat at Olive Garden and Chuck E. Cheese. You'll just have to take my word on this.
>>
pic related
last steak i made with a friend

Tasted great
>>
>>27495884
Being a criminal is no excuse for poor gunmanship.
>>
>>27495868
>chef puts a slab of meat over grill for a couple seconds
>thinks he's amazing
That guy sounds like a faggot. Personally i prefer my meat closer to raw than cooked, but faggot chefs that take themselves seriously are gay af. And your brother is gay too, what a useless career. Like its so fucking hard to pick out wine.
>>
>>27495982
>cooking heart shaped pieces of meat with your friend
Are you gay lovers?
>>
Medium is the correct answer.
>>
I like rare, if it's a quality steak.
>>
>>27496021
What? Are you kidding me? Why would they give a shit? The trigger has a function you know. Guns arent just for posting pics on /k/. Some people use them.
>>
>>27496088
You dont know shit about quality difference in steak, fucking snob.
>>
Rare or medium rare, i like it when it's tender and juicy
>>
>>27496112
Trigger discipline also has a function and that is to not fucking shoot yourself or someone else accidentally. If you are actually using the thing that's all the more reason for knowing what you're doing. There's a reason cops are the most effective gang on the streets and in part it's the fact that they actually have some basic knowledge of firearms and how they're used.
>>
>>27495948
Worse, I eat bologna sandwiches. But I can see what you mean. Still, fuck these high and mighty chefs, it's like bitch you wear a poofy white hat, don't get big headed now.
>>
>>27492711
I used to prefer it rare before studying microbiology.
Now I stay away from raw meat as much as possible but sometimes I give myself I treat 'cause yolo and shit.
>>
>>27496023
You know, I used to be a cultureless barbarian like you until one day my brother, saying that it was an absolute travesty that his brother should be an utter clod, sat me down with a bunch of bottles of wine. One by one he gave me a glass of each and told me what to taste for, and suddenly the wine began coming alive for me. I could taste all the different notes in it which had simply not existed for me before.

If you'd ever had someone with genuine skill show you what to taste and how to taste, you'd hold a very different view.

And just incidentally, he's not a snob, either. He drinks $12 bottles of wine, and explained that there's virtually no difference in quality between a $12 bottle of wine and a $50 bottle of wine, but that the difference between an $8 and $12 bottle of wine is massive. And I've found it to be true. Until you start getting into wines in the hundreds of dollars, you can find budget wines just as good as the trendy ones for under $20.

(Pro tip: Iniskillin Late Autumn Riesling is the bomb.)
>>
>>27496202
>wow like really? like.. trigger discipline! hello?!

Kill yourself, trigger discipline autist.
>>
I don't eat steak
>>
>>27496274
Thoughts on Gascony wine?
>>
>>27496348
The reason wines in France are traditionally so good is two-fold: the type of soil and the depth of the taproots. Both of those advantages are beginning to disappear for two different reasons. First, places which have had wines which were traditionally mocked, like California, Ontario, and Australia, have now been growing long enough for their grapes to set down long tap-roots, greatly improving the quality of the grapes they use. Second, modern science is beginning to discover which substances from the soil provide which chemicals in the grape, allowing wine scientists (there is indeed such a thing) to artificially tweak what would otherwise be cheap wines into amazing wines.

I think you'll find that a lot of the French wines are overpriced; people buy them for their labels and reputations rather than flavour. In blind taste tests, they're starting to lose ground in competitions to the upstart growing regions. Something else my brother the sommelier explained to me.
>>
>>27494669
>tfw you actually google "nutrient paste" because you're tired of regular foods consuming which gives you pleasure no more
>tfw it's not a real thing
>>
>>27496474
Hence why I'm curious about Gascony. Supposedly they're $12 wines with Bordeaux quality.
>>
>>27495607
BECAUSE IT OXIDIZES BECAUSE OF OXYGEN, HE KNEW WHAT I MEANT. REEEEEEE

>>27495662
There's water in blood, doesn't mean that just because we drink water, we drink blood. You stupid fuck.
>>
>>27492982
It's actually myoglobin you high school twat
>>
>>27492711
I work for a fancy steakhouse. Like 50 dollars for the cheapest one we have. We will literally ban you for life if you attempt to order above medium. We recommend Medium Rare.
>>
>>27496492
I have no idea. Try it yourself and find out. What you really want to avoid are the cheap wines with oily, resinous, and off flavours caused by tanins and poorly-controlled fermentation. A lot of it is going to come down to individual taste, too. Wines which I considered drinkable before my brother taught me how to taste (like Mateuse) are practically undrinkable for me now.
>>
>>27496522
OK that's actually the right one, sorry. but I mean my point still stands. Steak is good shit, can't let these fuckers let a poor cow die for their shitty taste.
>>
>>27492711
Medium. Always medium. Best of both worlds.
>>
>>27496274
>this whole post
I wish i had a fedora to tip. Plus your a retard with poor reading comprehension
>>
>>27496483
I remember seeing a Kickstarter for a guy who was developing a universal food you could eat once a day and never have to eat anything else, with all of the calories and macro- and micro-nutrients you need to survive.
>>
>>27496654
Everyone needs different nutrition for their bodies though. So how would that work?
>>
>tfw uncooked meat upsets my stomach
I almost throw up food when there's some rawness. I get pretty sick if I try to eat like a prime rib.

At least corned beef still has some cooked blood parts right?
>>
File: dorner.jpg (55 KB, 660x398) Image search: [Google]
dorner.jpg
55 KB, 660x398
>>27496628
>your a retard
>your
>complains about "poor reading comprehension"

MFW.
>>
File: rold-gold-honey-mustard-twists.jpg (1 MB, 1921x3333) Image search: [Google]
rold-gold-honey-mustard-twists.jpg
1 MB, 1921x3333
>>27494863

Mustard pretzels are fucking dank, though. Never tried them with actual mustard, but I can't imagine it tasting bad.
>>
>>27496672
Smoked meats are all uncooked. Salami, prosciutto, pastrami, they're just dried, aged, and smoked. No heat. Same thing with jerky. I'm betting you have raw meat all the time without realizing it.
>>
>>27496687
>nitpicking about spelling errors rather then the actual content
Sure sign of a small mind.
>>
>>27496671
I have no idea. I just tried to search for the thing and can't find it. It was called "fude" or "fuud" or something like that, I think. It was being designed by a programmer who didn't want to have to think about what he was eating at more. Just lay in a lifetime supply of one thing he could eat forever and stay healthy.
>>
>>27496734
Clearly there's a difference between bloody spongy drippy meat and a sausage. Whatever it is fucks up my stomach.
>>
Well done with catsup, God tier
All other answers are irrefutably wrong
>>
>>27497156
blue smothered with mustard and mayo is the real god tier you pleb
>>
>>27496671
>>27496783
This would really make bank if done right. Like, a 1 week variety pack of basic okay tasting meals ready to eat. Individually packaged in portion sizes for small, medium, large or XL people based on weight range. Like fucking dog food. Maybe with a lite version for dieting and a sports version for more active people.

Basically the classic TV dinner with a little tweaking.
>>
File: 6734148135042.png (263 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
6734148135042.png
263 KB, 500x457
The only correct answer is Medium rare, cooked on a healthy and affordable propane grill, you jack ass

Now to ask the more important quest, WHAT IS OBJECTIVELY THE BEST CUT?

My top 3
>Kansas strip steak
>Chuck-eye
>Skirt Steak

And of course we always purchase Choice or Select cuts, no poor mans prime here
>>
>>27496654
>>27496783
Soylent breh
>>
>>27497310
>it's a bobby goes to steak school episode

mmMMMmmmmMMmmmmn
>>
Who likes their chicken medium rare? It's pretty good desu
>>
There is no blood in steak, that is just plasma that has retained some pigmentation. If there was blood in steak it would go bad before it even got to the kitchen.

Medium rare, in case the chef is an idiot. If it is a world class chef that knew their stuff then i'd order rare.

Anything above medium rare and you are just destroying the meat and all flavor.
>>
>>27492711
I like my done medium cuz I like a little juice
>>
>eating raw steak
enjoy your diseases
>>
medium, but I'm not really a steak guy. I prefer pot roast or smoked beef, it's more tender and flavorful
>>
>>27499372
Meat sources from a local farm, processed by a reputable and trustworthy butcher is no big risk, especially if spices are used. Many common spices are close to 100% effective against bacteria and parasites.

The real danger in raw meat comes from huge corporate farms and unethical meat processors who use "meat glue" (enzymes which cause meat pieces to fuse together) to take meat from many different animals -- sometimes *hundreds* of animals -- to create something that is indistinguishable from a steak sourced from a single animal. You eat a steak made from 150 cows and your chance of being exposed to dangerous bacteria or parasites or prions goes up exponentially.
>>
>>27496734
smoking can be a form of cooking. also, they're drenched in salt, which kills a lot of bacteria and changes flavor, texture, moisture content, etc
>>
File: 1421624045651.jpg (82 KB, 558x602) Image search: [Google]
1421624045651.jpg
82 KB, 558x602
>>27492711
I like rare steaks with lots of pepper. As for sauce, I'll take a naked steak but I like everything from A1 to ranch to honey.

But I don't really like steak as much as other things. It's just too much of one single flavor and texture that takes too long to eat. I'll usually go for a burger over steak when given the choice.
>>
>>27499517
Smoking is not cooking. There's no Maillard reaction, no heat, none of the chemical changes associated with cooking. Smoking meat is an altogether different process than cooking. If we're defining "raw" as "not cooked," then smoked or dried or corned meats are raw.
>>
File: hp-sauce060510.jpg (48 KB, 300x415) Image search: [Google]
hp-sauce060510.jpg
48 KB, 300x415
>>27499563
>A1
Disgusting. You might as well be using ketchup. Civilized gentlemen use HP.
>>
>>27499628
Well REAL NIGGAS use Sweet Baby Ray's
muffucka
>>
>>27499563

That image is making me rage so hard. The only significant bacteria on beef grows on the surface, so even just a decent sear on the outside makes it totally safe.
>>
>>27499681
Damn right, but for steaks worcestershire or however the fuck that's spelled is best.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.