[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Basically every effort I make in life fails. I don't kn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1394238813616.jpg (245 KB, 1232x816) Image search: [Google]
1394238813616.jpg
245 KB, 1232x816
Basically every effort I make in life fails. I don't know if this is destiny or not. When I was a kid I was told by my parents that if I put forth the effort in life I could be anything or develop any skill I wanted.

>try to get a gf by talking to tons of girls

>all of them reject me or are disgusted that I look at them

>try to start my own business twice

>one fails and the other wasn't profitable for years

>tried to learn to draw from age 14-19

>still cant even make a decent sketch

>try to learn guitar

>can't stretch my pinky finger enough

>people tell me that i'll eventually be able to naturally stretch it

> two years go by and it never does and I never gain any proficiency

>try to learn martial arts with muay thai and kung-fu (not kidding)

>reaction time is too poor to excel at it

>after a full three years my dojo master caves and eventually pulls me aside

>suggests I reconsider if I want to continue practicing

>try to get good at FPS, RTS, and GSG games

>never gain any proficiency enough to git gud

>try to lift and follow /fit/ sticky and bodybuilding.com advice

>all I gain is endurance and my muscles dont develop

>try to become a socialite for years since I was 13

>still ongoing and I am still not able to be witty, funny, or charismatic

>try to get a job sending out hundreds of resumes and following all the tips and tricks I can

>no one calls me back except a manual labor job

>still dont get the position after the interview

>try to get internships throughout college

>either never get answer back or get a response saying I am not good enough for it

This is just scratching the surface. I'm probably just going to hang myself in the next month or so since my effort in building a helium/argon exit bag would fail too. Feel free to ask me anything, but keep your "advice" to yourself. Chances are I tried it.
>>
I'm pretty much the same especialy with businesses, literaly fuckin wasted years of my life, nothing ever works and I see people around me doing similar things doing well.
>>
>>27492541
Maybe we just suck
>>
>>27492551
Probably tbpqh. You gonna keep on trying?
>>
how do you get rid of hope ?
i'm failing even at that
>>
>>27492571
I don't know. Chads and normalfags just love to shame you if you dont try but I'm thinking there's a limit to this. It's not within human capacity to keep trying and failing for years at a time not seeing any success in anything
>>
i mean i don't know your exact reasons but i'm going to try and take the angle of actually giving you some positive advice.

'the master has failed more then the beginner has even tried'

you just have to keep going, not dissuaded by all that, and find your niche. never let the fire inside die just keep striving for greatness.
>>
>>27492657
He said he didnt want your advice. jesus fuck you people are obnoxious
>>
>>27492693
i'm trying ot help him you faggot.

richard feynman had an iq test in highschool and was scored at slightly above average he loved physics. most phsyics students or undergrads probably had chart topping iqs it didn't matter to feynman he continued on doing what he loved. he went on to contribute a lot to physics and actually made ground breaking discoveries in the nuclear energy sector.
>>
>>27492657
Not only did I say I didn't want your advice, but your "advice" is shit. It's not normal to be able to keep going that long seeing no success.

This is precisely why I....this is good b8 anon

8/10 fuck you
>>
>>27492751
so you don't want any help you want to complain to hte echo chamber?
>>
>>27492746
It's almost like you didnt read his post.

He's been failing since he was 5 it seems, and you think there's some magical tipping point for him.

Well sorry but life is not fair. It doesn't "get better" after high school if you're bullied for instance, you'll be an emaciated beta because of Chad and his friends shitting on you every day and you wont have to social skills to excel

>>27492779
He asked if anyone had questions about his life, possibly to help out other anons and give them perspective. Just because someone doesnt come here bragging or giving shitty "advice" like you doesnt mean they're whining.

And for your information, this board is for feels, not normalfags like yourself
>>
I would love to tell you my story but the premise of it is the same as yours.
I am can't really develop skills beyond my gifts.
130 IQ and I can't even get good in video games even though I dedicated thousands of hours to one game.
Even though I don't really care about video games now.
But when i was in high school and played a lot of league of legends.
Why did I not reach at least the top 0.1%
instead all I achieved is the top 3% after like thousands of hours of playing.
Like fucking kill me.
All my endeavors in life failed and I feel no drive to keep going.
I just want to end my life but not now.
My suicide now will negatively affect other people.
But this problem will not be here within a year hopefully and then my use in life will be
negligible and I will be able to kill myself with a clear conscious than my purpose in life has been fulfilled.
>>
>>27492779
No. If you read my post I just wanted to know if anyone had questions for me. It's a board for feels so it was mostly to see
if anyone was the same as me

>>27492843

Holy shit anon I'm glad you can relate. I was feeling alone here.
>>
>>27492876
okay.

why do you think you fail? is it like a structural deficit where basically you don't know how to approach things to succeed? are you retarded and incapable of learning? do you exaggerate how hard you have tried?
>>
>>27492657
>you just have to keep going, not dissuaded by all that

This isn't even advice though. You're completely ignoring human traits and psychology. You don't fail for years and then magically say you'll keep trying. It's called positive and negative reinforcement. You get good feedback and you get the confidence to move forward, OP isn't getting that apparently.

It's clear you don't really know how to talk to people.
>>
>>27492930
How the hell should I know? I bust my ass for years on all the things I listed and see no results or progress. I see your sly little slippages in there btw. If you're getting frustrated you don't have to be in the thread m8
>>
>>27492936
>It's clear you don't know how to talk to people

what the fuck do you mean?

the reason i said not be dissuaded is because if he is then he'll just give up like a lot of other people on this board. the quote was quite pertinent that even people who achieved probably had a lot of failures too.
>>
>>27492396
>try to get a gf by talking to tons of girls all of them reject me or are disgusted that I look at them

try working on your approach and maybe fix how you dress, you have weak game, work on it

>try to start my own business twice one fails and the other wasn't profitable for years

it wasn't the right business or there are alot of things you did wrong. only 2 and you gave up? try something else and if that fails, try again, it can take 20 or more years to finally have a successful business but it doesn't sound like you want to invest that kind of time

>tried to learn to draw from age 14-19
>still cant even make a decent sketch

so 5 years of drawing and you're still not good, how much time a day did you spend drawing?

>try to learn guitar
>can't stretch my pinky finger enough
>people tell me that i'll eventually be able to naturally stretch it
> two years go by and it never does and I never gain any proficiency

again, how much time a day did you spend "playing"? not everyone learns how to play guitar in 2 years
>>
>>27492396
>>27493151
>try to learn martial arts with muay thai and kung-fu (not kidding)
>reaction time is too poor to excel at it
>after a full three years my dojo master caves and eventually pulls me aside
>suggests I reconsider if I want to continue practicing

how bad did you really want to learn martial arts? if you still want to get better then you will find a way no matter what your dojo master tells you

>try to get good at FPS, RTS, and GSG games
>never gain any proficiency enough to git gud

again, how much time and concentration did you actually devote to this activity before you gave up

>try to lift and follow /fit/ sticky and bodybuilding.com advice
>all I gain is endurance and my muscles dont develop

well you did gain indurance so thats a plus, btw HOW LONG DID YOU LIFT, all of this stuff seems like you just wanted to try it out and not actually dedicate your mind to it

>try to become a socialite for years since I was 13
>still ongoing and I am still not able to be witty, funny, or charismatic

read some self help books, go out and hang around charismatic people more, everything is relative to the individual, some people become socialites early and for others it can take years, you may never become one honestly but the skills and lessons you will learn while practicing will be priceless

>try to get a job sending out hundreds of resumes and following all the tips and tricks I can
>no one calls me back except a manual labor job

improve your resume and send out more

>still dont get the position after the interview

improve your people skills

>try to get internships throughout college
>either never get answer back or get a response saying I am not good enough for it

keep knocking on doors and making phone calls, get some more college under your belt and GET BETTER

honestly it sounds like you are trying things out and not mentally dedicating yourself to the things you are passionate about.
>>
>>27493366
>tripfag
>automatically wrong on all levels
You sir are filtered trip troll.
>>
>>27493443
How's he wrong? That's pretty much spot on. The truth is a tough pill to swallow for you faggots
>>
>>27492572

bump for interest

i need this too. i need to lose ALL hope.
>>
>>27492843

I can't tell if this is bait or not.

I can't tell if it's bait or this person really is stupid.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.