[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I learn to play the piano and what is a cheap keyboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
How do I learn to play the piano and what is a cheap keyboard to buy? I know nothing about this but would like to learn.
>>
>>27489650
Get one with 88 weighted keys if you can
Learn basic theory and how to read sheet music then buy a piano course book in a store and follow it using a metronome, also get exercises like hanon's
>>
>>27489650
>>27489719
well the thread is pretty much over then. That's all there is to it.

May as well post some videos that helped me out to learn all that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZr5k1_9Dds

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbg71h_P2VCU8D_aDM45yuzFkV6hq4b6O

You can also download a bunch of apps for your smartphone or tablet.

I use Piano Companion, Perfect Ear 2, Music Sight Reading, Music Theory Helper, Real Piano and Yousician, all free.

Except for yousician, it's freemium.
>>
Try this first

http://freepiano.tiwb.com/en/

If you can't learn a simple tune on that, buying a real keyboard is a waste of money
>>
Go to a proper music academy if you want to really master how to operate the instrument with the correct form, learn how music works and really understand what you are playing.

If you don't mind being mediocre, not being able to read or write music except for the real basic stuff and developing bad form which may or may not fuck up your hands, teach yourself.
>>
>>27490182
Teach me form senpai my hands are getting fucked
>>
>>27490226
I've attended a music academy for classical guitar and am now taking piano lessons from my uncle who's been playing all his life and is a retired doctor.
I had taught myself piano for about a year on a keyboard without pressure/weight.
All my lessons so far (about 5 weeks) have been about correctly pressing the keys legato and now wrist staccato.
If you want to play piano and keep playing it when you are old, it's better to do it the right way.
>>
>>27490182
>>27490333
OP said that he knows nothing and would like to learn.

Telling him to jump headfirst into a music academy ran by a mean old Italian lady is a bit much I think
>>
>>27490380
It's how I was taught the classical guitar.
I must admit though the first year was only learning notes and singing and we were allowed to choose an instrument to learn at the start of the second year.

You don't need a good tutor to enjoy playing piano, but if you want to get the most out of the instrument there is nothing better than attending lessons from a good teacher.
>>
>>27490455
Oh, and all my teachers were super nice dudes. Some old ones and some young ones.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.