[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Male/Female Friendliness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: jimmy-and-laura-485232.gif (138 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
jimmy-and-laura-485232.gif
138 KB, 590x350
So, it's possible to just be friend with a girl ?
Get me redpilled on this r9k.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/candacelowry/very-real-truths-girls-with-mostly-guy-friends-will-under#.anQgLq7Kb
>>
Of course. As long as you're not a thirsty beta and she's just attractive enough to be seen in public with, but not enough for you to lust after.
>>
>>27487484
I personally don't think I can. Not because of a redpilled resentment of women, but more due to the fact that the girls that I've hung out with are super uninteresting. If we're not going to date or have anything like that then why suffer by hanging out with a person I have nothing in common with when I would rather be alone anyway? I know that it seems weird that one would consider dating a girl under those circumstances but from what I've seen that's usually how it goes.
>>
Not really, because most girls I'm friends with I've wanted to have sexual relations with (hence the reason to even talk to them in the first place.) and if any of them ever offered to have relations I'd wouldn't hesitate.
>>
how many times do we have to go over this

a guy and girl can be friends if there is no attraction to the other

once you get into "friendships" where one is attracted to the other, you start getting into friendzone levels of bullshit and it's a recipe for misery
>>
>>27487484
>So, it's possible to just be friend with a girl ?

Yes, I have quite a few very good female friends. But the friendship will only last if you never cross the boundaries of platonic friendship. There is no going back to being platonic friends if you've ever been intimate with each other.
>>
Yeah but generally you need to fuck them, get in a relationship, break up, and both move on first
>>
it's not possible for me because i'm single and looking and i've never been in a relationship.
any girl i'm friends with i'm just going to want to date.
>>
File: 1404543379943.jpg (62 KB, 573x623) Image search: [Google]
1404543379943.jpg
62 KB, 573x623
>>27488639

This.

So yes, it's just less common. It's also very hard to form a CLOSE relationship with a female (assuming you're not a homo).
>>
>>27487484
>So, it's possible to just be friend with a girl ?

Only if both the man and the woman are in separate romantic relationships.

If both are single they invariably want to either fuck the other person, or be in a relationship, if they consider the person friend-material.

I mean, if my best guy friend was actually a hot girl, and kept the same personality, there's just no way I wouldn't either want to fuck her, or be in a relationship with her.
>>
>>27487484
You can be, but the friendship is probably fucked if you start to get feelings for her unless you succeed in making her your girlfriend. It's a reason why gay men and women of any sexuality make good friends. It's easier being friends girls you're unattracted to. Or being friends with girls while in a relationship.
>>
>>27487484
totally. There's millions of awesome women out there, and I don't see why you need to have a romantic interest to have fun being next to another human being. If she's not interested in me I move on, but I still stay in contact because they are that fun to hang out with.

I just ask when I'm in doubt wether she likes me back or not, and take it if I get rejected. No pain, no gain anons.
>>
>>27487484
As a girl who hung out with guys throughout highschool, I will tell you that's not true friendship, that's orbiting. I was just treated like a weaker version of a man, nobody was attracted to me so nothing was awkward. We all had the same interests and I was just as well versed in them or more. Actually I was turned to for factual opinions a lot of the time, and always helped out. We joked around a lot and went to parks, see movies etc.
I was sort of autism incarnate but it translated to me being one of the clowns in the group that they could count on for a laugh or make them feel better (sometimes). I always kept my distance and no they knew nothing about my menstrual cycle, but they knew about a female friend of mine's menstrual cycle, and hers was a week before mine.
I don't hang out with them anymore since we all split up into different colleges. Don't care either. We sometimes speak while playing video games, that's it.

I also was very unattractive and weird looking during high school. But it wouldn't matter that I've changed as they just got used to my personality.
>>
>>27488983
>I will tell you that's not true friendship, that's orbiting.

And 99% of the time it's the males who are orbiting the women tbqh.
>>
>>27488983
Thanks for your experience. I never heard the female version of orbiting, it's seem awful.
I just wonder... do you easily get along with females?
>>
>>27488689
>you need to fuck them

This is horrible advice. If you don't intend on dating them seriously, you should never ever get intimate with a close friend. Shit like that can destroy whole social circles.
>>
>>27488639
>a guy and girl can be friends if there is no attraction to the other
that is impossible.
>>
>>27487484
If you think something like "it's possible to be a friend with a girl?" you can't, you can't really, it shows that your relationships are quite sex-oriented...and like most of friendships it works out of necessity, like being roomates or working together, and it helps when the other person have some trait that you really hate
>>
>>27489022
>>27489082
I mean the buzzfeed article is just about men orbiting women.

I did however orbit one of the guys in my friend group, he was my oneitis, I did everything he wanted (nothing sexual because he didn't see me that way) and got rejected by him like 3 times on V-day. I even spent money on him, lots of money. I also did his assignments when he needed it. I actually gained a mutual respect from a Chad who ignored whores lusting after his cock, did his assignments too, caused me to get a B in the class from failing our other 2 assignments.

>I just wonder... do you easily get along with females?
It's very difficult unless they know about computers or maybe a bit of technology. The female friend I used to have we were very alike and that's why we were friends, we understood each other and could fill in our sentences.

Otherwise I couldn't make any female friends, they were always extremely boring or stupid. I also got quite a bit into a bit of stem during that time, but it's not like bitches were interested in any other subject besides their hair and makeup if you see what I'm saying. I also am legitimately along the spectrum so my interests turn women off and they sort of "acquaintance-zone" me or use me for assignment help.

Orbiting is extremely detrimental, I suggest nobody do it. Just try to be friends.
>>
I had a harem of girls in HS that I could date. I dated 2 of them and could have fucked more. Put simply no platonic relationships between men and women are so rare they are pretty much non existent.
>>
>>27489138

I think you're missing the point.

This is just a natural progression, not an end goal.

You can be an acquaintance without this, but rarely will you form a long-lasting friendship with any real intimacy with the opposite sex without said steps.

Without this, you likely are just an orbiter.
>>
>>27487484
male/female friendships work if you're satisfied with your sex life and you aren't weird. i had about the same quality of relationships with guys and girls since i was 5. in high school there were different roles that guys and girls played in friendships, but when we were just hanging out it didn't really matter and everybody had their own characteristics anyway. the reason nerds can't figure out how to be friends with girls is that they still think sex is a big deal or that women need to be protected against everything.
>>
>>27489221
If there is just enough physical repulsion.
>>
File: 1458301472828.jpg (70 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
1458301472828.jpg
70 KB, 618x564
>>27489138

Also

>Social Circle

You have to go.
>>
>>27489221
>men regularly fuck their sisters
it's possible
>>
>>27489343
>you likely are just an orbiter

No, I'm not. I'm their friend. My best platonic female friend and I have been friends for ages and both been in and out of relationships and flings while being friends to one another.

But I've experienced what you described too and that is just a recipe for disaster, once either or both of you gets into a serious relationship, and one or both of the new partners have a problem with your past. It will drift you apart and make events of your social circle like birthdays and such very uncomfortable.
>>
>>27489266
Thanks for you reply. Your story is a bit like mine, I always had plenty of girls lusting after me in high school, but they were really awful, and empty minded. I'd much rather stay with my males friends, at least we have some common interests.

You seem very loyal for a girl, and your skills are useful. I think you just never found the right male for you.
>>
Sure dude. You just need a level of social skills most robots don't pocess.
>>
>>27488983
>>27489266
>>27489431
Huh, sounds kinda similar to me but I never really had a confession moment. Not even sure I loved anyone desu, I just liked hanging around males and females alike. I also used my oddities to gain clown, and validation status. Just think, I orbited, I spent money on people, bought everyone things, helped them with work, and all I got for it was a measly reward. I'm sure if I asked people would say they are my friend, but I never really was brought into that "social life" per say. I wasn't really invited to things, nor did people came up to me and started convos, that was my job... IMHO I felt better having male friends than females for some reason. They didn't make me feel empty Inside, nor did I feel as "cucked" in a sense (maybe because I probably did the orbiting thing to the females, unconscious orbiting? Is that possible?). In the end no one talks to me, and I don't think I actually have the ability to make solid, reciprocating friendships (I think I have one, but I get socially exhausted talking to him and it makes me feel bad. I don't know why, but I rarely talk to him about things. Guess I can't win the friend game)

Sorry for the spergout senpai, I don't think I can have true friendships, I tried my best in HS and look at me. Lonely at uni, had to leave due to "mental health reasons" and now 6 months neetbot
>>
>>27489590
>Sorry for the spergout senpai, I don't think I can have true friendships, I tried my best in HS and look at me. Lonely at uni, had to leave due to "mental health reasons" and now 6 months neetbot
I'm the first 2 replies, shit I also dropped out of uni for the same reasons, it's been 4 or 5 months for me so far, except I have a part time wageslave job.

Same exact outcome with me. The longer it progressed with everyone I slowly got more excluded as more feminine females entered the friendgroup and they did things like go to themeparks, plan major trips, beaches, skiing. I get exhausted as well being social. It's far easier to go play a game or make a shitpost than it is to pay attention to one friend. Only one of my male friends texted me on my 20th birthday and sent a picture of me, him and his mom on graduation. But he wasn't born in America, so he's different.

I'm due to see a neurophysiologist soon and get some help fixing my life maybe.

It's sort of comforting knowing there were others in my scenario, at the same time I'm sorry there is. Good luck with your neethood anon.
>>
>>27489761
Hold me. Hopefully you can friend again soon anon, I don't know about me... I've already given up on vidya, it doesn't make me happy anymore... Also had to buy a new computer, but if I don't like to game then what's the point? anhedonia sucks, and mom doesn't think anything's wrong with me besides "you're lazy"
she took me to counseling once, had a chance to a sick kids doctor, but she didn't take me back. Guess I was too lethargic to care
Glhf out there anon though, I heard life is really good if you can get the hang of it
>>
File: 1414432305729.jpg (533 KB, 1280x1716) Image search: [Google]
1414432305729.jpg
533 KB, 1280x1716
I am best friends with a lesbian.

I want to fuck her all the time.

Pic unrelated, but she is Asian.
>>
>>27489892
I send my arms virtually. I hope you do get to go back or go to a better doctor, tell them about the anhedonia. I rarely go outside and am extremely introverted, so I doubt it. I just want to locate my issues so I can live around it. 3D life, just thinking about it makes me want to cry. We just got to find a way to live for ourselves. Find something to like again anon, I believe.
>>
One of my good drinking buddies is a very attractive woman. She's too much like my drunk ex so i never wanted to date her. She's my "Wing woman". If i'm talking to a woman she will come by and "flirt" with me, to create competition. It works,

I would fuck the shit out of her but i have no romantic feelings
>>
I only become friends with attractive women if that makes any sense. I am not friendzoned since I don't actually wanna date them (would fuck them tho obv) but there needs to be some part of attraction for me to be friends with them since they are usually uninteresting
>>
>>27487484
I've made out and or sexually touched all of my female friends in some way
>>
>>27490244
You can't be friends with someone just because of their looks. You're only friends with them because you want to fuck them.
>>
>>27490390
I also enjoy female attention. Throughout my teenage years, no girl wanted to be around me, not even as friends. As I grew older, I got richer and more attractive so I actually have female friends now who help me set up with their own friends.

but you are correct, I do also wanna fuck them
>>
>>27490491
That's not friendship, and you basically proved that.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.