[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mtg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: WP_20160329_15_47_41_Pro.jpg (568 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160329_15_47_41_Pro.jpg
568 KB, 1600x900
Any robots playing magic here?
Trying to build my red and green
Mtg seems like a robot tier hobby, what do you think?
>>
>>27486961
To expensive. I play MTG: Magic Duels on steam, though.
>>
Yeeee. What format red green? I'm making a very budget Soul Sisters for modern.
>>
>>27487020
only play casual tbqh laddy
>>
>>27486961
You have to actually communicate with others and make friends to enjoy mtg. Its certainly not a robot hobby.
>>
>>27487201
You've clearly never been to Friday Night Magic and seen with your own eyes what happens when a bunch of robots leave their basements and congregate in one small, poorly ventilated room.
>>
>>27487201
You can play it online though.
>>
>>27486961
One of my favorite pastimes, I've spent more money on it than I care to admit
>>
>>27487231
Kill yourself you retarded attention whore.

>>27487238
Thats true. Personally I like the feeling of having cards in my hand, though. I dont really enjoy playing tcgs online.
>>
File: WP_20160329_16_22_40_Pro.jpg (582 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160329_16_22_40_Pro.jpg
582 KB, 1600x900
Op here, doing my black and white
Got livala the preserver, sentinal of eternal watch, aegis angel, in garruks wake, nightmare and ruinious path
>>
I played for a long time (started in 2000 around when pokemon's first wave was imploding). I took a break when that Theros Greek set came out because I don't have the money anymore and there were too many token cards (I don't really like tokens).

I'm thinking about getting back into Magic when I get a better job. Did I miss anything important or were the last couple blocks ass?
>>
File: 1406382054949.jpg (132 KB, 396x554) Image search: [Google]
1406382054949.jpg
132 KB, 396x554
>>27486961
I play this magic pretty competitively, its pretty much taken over my life since I started playing. Pretty dank tbqh.
>>
>>27486961
I want play senpai as I bought a shit ton of cards off of amazon but I have no one to play with
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 530x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 530x370
>>27487691
The return to zendikar block was absolute ass however shadows over innistrad is looking pretty balla pre release is at end of this week
>>
File: mtgcard5.png (824 KB, 736x1026) Image search: [Google]
mtgcard5.png
824 KB, 736x1026
heres a custom card i made
>>
File: garruks wake.jpg (8 KB, 178x248) Image search: [Google]
garruks wake.jpg
8 KB, 178x248
i've won to many times witht this card, man
>>
>>27487800
I'm not sure what I'm going to be playing in newstandard yet, my friend is building humans but I will probably wait to see some decklists first. SOI looks like a fun limited set though so pre release should be fun.
>>
File: door to nothingness.jpg (92 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
door to nothingness.jpg
92 KB, 500x500
or this, dont have it but my nigga
>>
It's awesome, but it can be really damn expensive unless you only play on cockatrice. I do prefer having the phyical cards.

However playing with those fucking spergs is terrible.
>>
>>27487846
Too bad garruk is all fucked up. I liked him as a planeswalker before the veil bullshit and I hope he makes an appearance to fuck up lilliana's shit in the new innistrad set.
>>
>>27487997
I find its better once you get out of fnm because people just focus on the game mainly.
>>
Mtg planeswalker a are shit tier design though. Jace, Liliana, Chandra, Gideon and Nissa are all trash. Good planeswalkers were Garruk, Ajani (no furry pls), Sarkon that didn't feel like a teenagers wet dream
>>
>>27486961
>trying to build red/green
>implying its hard
>>
>>27488162
>playset of bloodbraid elf
>playset of lightning bolt

Hey guys how does my deck look
>>
>>27488204
I tried to go for blue/black

those cards are hard to come by,
>>
>>27488221
I had a really good blue black infect deck during zendikar and scars. Was basically distortion strikes and phyrexian crusaders
>>
>>27488142
Well I mean ajani seems to be gone for good. Elspeth is dead and ajani is pretty fucking sad over it and his new goal is to destroy the gods by having people renounce them.

All the ones you mentioned are pretty much trash except for liliana, as long as she doesn't go and become a part of that god awful gatewatch circle jerk super hero squad I'll be happy. It just feels like they are going to become the mary sue squad, and we already had jace.

I'm hoping tamiyo makes a reappearance, and maybe kamigawa can get a decent block for a change instead of the most memorable card out of the entire set being sensei's diving top.
>>
this some autistic whiteboi shit
>>
>>27488280

>not jitte
In all seriousness, Liliana is fine compared to most of those vanilla fucks. Kamigawa won't get a good set but we can hope. The professor YouTube dude covered the reasons people didn't like the set pretty well but wizards aren't likely to return there before alara
>>
>>27488274
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=366391

built around that, could get imba in a few turns.

the problem was building steam in the blue/black..

how's your deck going, seeing is green it should be fast, right?
>>
>>27488356
If they do an alara return set I hope we get another printing of nicol bolas.

Been a while since I've seen that card around.
>>
>>27488377
I recommend getting archive traps actually if you're against people with fetch lands. Maybe a nemesis of reason as well. Always include mana leak and grab spreading seas and into the roil to slow them down. Blue black isn't so much going off so much as it is making your opponent NOT go off.
>>
>>27487231
THIS. You may be a tripfaggot but you're exactly correct. If anyone thinks Magic The Gathering is a non-robot hobby, I implore you to visit a tournament at a local comic book shop. 75% of the players will be robots.

You'll see the fat neckbearded fellow with a fedora. You'll see the oddly tall 39-year-old balding awkward man who still lives with his parents. You'll see the asperger skelly-mode thick-glasses who has nervous tic whenever he talks.

Basically, MTG tournaments are one of the few places I feel comfortable and not socially pressured, because I'm amongst my fellow robots. The claustrophobia and smell, however, make it absolutely awful, which is why I never go anymore.
>>
op here, heres my black and white deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/my-currnet-bw-aggro-deck/
>>
>>27488675
Is this a standard edh deck?
>>
>>27488675
Is there a reason you use one of each card? You can buy common/uncommon singles very cheap. B/W aggro can be neat (though I prefer monocolored for aggro decks), you may also want to try out a midrange one like this. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-03-16-UyM-bw-midrange/
>>
>>27487800
at my prerelease for battle for zendikar my foil promo was for the constructed tourney was a fucking planeswalker tutor, and of course my friend got a kozy
>>
>>27488648
>go to fnm
>normal guys everywhere
>even 2 thin attractive girls

I think what you described might just be an american only thing.
>>
>>27488844
Huh, where are you from? The only thing I can think of is maybe you're near a college/university and thus get MTG players of higher social status. Attend a smaller tournament and you shall witness the male outcasts of society.
>>
>>27488844
Nah it's just a regional thing. My fnm has pretty normal guys and a few girls too. Still a robot hobby
>>
>>27488746
i only play casual with my friends, occasionally at FNM
>>27488765
i've only recently got into magic, so i havent got many duplicates of things yet
>>
>>27489017
I recommend picking up bulk commons from recent sets.
>>
>>27489017
>i've only recently got into magic

You can find surprisingly good budget standard decks on TappedOut, then just order the singles online for like ten cents each (obviously depending on the card's rarity.) I remember there was a surprisingly good white aggro deck for under $30, not sure if it's out of rotation though. You can also pick up an Event Deck (basically a tournament-calibur premade deck, not overly strong but better than the normal shitty $12 premades) for $25 which will save you the trouble of buying singles.
>>
>>27486961
I just like the story.
>>
>>27489089
>event deck
>tournament-calibur
???
>>
>>27489038
>>27489089
i'm not to big on buying cards single, seems like cheating desu.
i get cards from going to the local magic/dungoensanddragons/etc shop and get a few boosters each week, and intergrate good cards into my decks. will upload my R/G
>>
>>27488976
Germany. This one store for example is a really trashy basement. The owner spends most of his day playing World of Warcraft or hearthstone. Most of the people there are still super normal. Same in any other store I have been to.

>>27488977
I have been to stores outside of my region, though. Its the same anywhere else.
>>
>>27489110
Fuck, I meant "can be played at tournaments", should have said tournament-feasible or something. Event Decks are definitely shitty on the whole (except for the white humans one that sold out crazy quick, with Champion of the Parish/Mirran Crusader/etc, that one was fairly decent) but still massively better than premades.
>>
>>27489164
and by premades I mean those shitty $12 "intro packs", avoid those like the plague
>>
>>27489142
I mean that's fine but frankly boosters are a huge rip off.

Try playing sealed or draft events then. No point in playing constructed without singles. Tolarian Community College has videos about why packs are a rip off so watch those. Not trying to be a huge negative asshole but boosters are basically a scam
>>
>>27489142
>seems like cheating desu.
What a pleb.
>>
>>27489184
>Tolarian Community College
This is the most reddit shit, kys senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 405x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 405x405
>>27489208

He's cringy but he's honest and really tries hard to give valuable consumer insight. Sorry you feel that way.
>>
File: 1447498859604.png (243 KB, 745x747) Image search: [Google]
1447498859604.png
243 KB, 745x747
hearthstone ftw
>>
>>27489442
Disgusting, please go away.
>>
>>27487846
But this card is useless, anon.
>>
>>27488280
>Liking Lily

She's the edgiest neowalker. Like neutral evil D&D character level edgy. "Muh power at any cost" tier character development. Smh tbqhwy my family.
>>
>>27489142
So innocent. So pure. You still have it in you, don't let them extinquish it. Go forth, Anon. Nobody can stop you from having fun your way.
>>
>>27488844
The midwest is like that because the only people who play there are the wastes of society. The reason that you actually can't draft for a prerelease is because the midwest is unpopulated and can never fire a draft as easily as it can for sealed. If you stay along the coasts of the US, metropolitan area have some smart and clean people who frequent events.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.