[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kurt Cobain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7
File: kurt-cobain-1024.jpg (310 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
kurt-cobain-1024.jpg
310 KB, 1024x768
What does r9k think of kurt cobain?
>>
>>27486901
Literally fucking who?
>>
Chad Thundercuck with drug induced depression.
>>
>>27486911
eggman level robot
>>
He was a true robot. Not some fake fuck but a true tortured soul.
>>
>>27486914
was his depression drug induced though? it seems like he was depressed from a pretty early age
>>
>>27486901
The best thing he ever released was the trigger.
>>
>>27486970

Edgy as fuck m8 go back to rebbit going to hell for this
>>
>>27486901
Just another turbo Chad. Glad this faggot killed himself.
>>
>>27486970
oh come on, nirvana released some good songs that are super fucking relatable if you are actually depressed
>>
>>27487004
his wife killed him because he was beta as fuck
>>
He was pretty much a robot, except he had a gf, so...
>>
>>27486955
he started taking drugs at a pretty early age
>>
I'm a big fan of his band Stone Temple Pilots' hit song, "Black Hole Sun," released in 2006. Good shit, desu. When are they touring again?
>>
>>27486933
>famous
>talented
>good looking
>had friends
>bitches were all over him

>robot
>>
>>27487033
After they release their new album Dirt.
>>
No homo but he seemed was qt as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OuIwRiwDyk
>>
>>27487040
he wasn't always like this. he was very beta as a child and it fucked him up. women were attracted to him but once they actually got to know him they saw how beta he was.
>>
>>27487040
Ugh you just described my life :/
>>
Smells like teen spirit was annoying when it was popular.

My best friend loved him, and I thought grunge was ok because I was a little idiot.

When he died a girl punched me in the stomach because I said I don't care.
>>
>>27487040
You don't know too much about Kurt, it seems.
>>
>>27486901
OH I LOVE NIRVANA :3
>>
>>27487068
I think any good song would be annoying if it is constantly played
>>
>>27486987
Not edgy, just the truth. He's so overrated it hurts.
>>27487007
Not that I've ever been depressed, but no. They suck. Well....sucked I guess.
>>
>>27487068
How old are you? He died like 20 years ago. Fucking oldfag get off my board reee
>>
>>27487074
>he wasn't famous
>he wasn't talented
>he wasn't good looking
>he didn't have friends
>didn't have bitches because he was rich and famous
>>
File: 1459211618857.jpg (45 KB, 1333x900) Image search: [Google]
1459211618857.jpg
45 KB, 1333x900
>>27487087
>not depressed
>browsing /r9k/

get the fuck out of here
>>
>>27487087
Please go die in a fire.

See, I can be edgy too.
Again, back to r3ddit, faggot.
>>
>>27487090
I'm goddamn ancient mang.

I think to 99% of the board Kurt Cobain to them is like Elvis to me.
>>
I loved Nirvana when I was 15. Now I'm 21 I and I listen to Nevermind I don't get the same buzz as when I was a teenager. He wrote some great songs but most of his fans these days tend to be irritating fake artsy.
>>
>>27487119
What would I have to be depressed about?
>>27487120
Literally never been to Reddit.
>>
>>27487126
Are you a robot or normie? I never talked to oldfag on r9k before :3
>>
>>27487053
Guy is so handsome
>>
Kurt Cobain was a fucking Chad. Just look at his chin. The Chad singularity. No true robot has a face like that.

Nick Drake and Ian Curtis, the only true robot musicians.
>>
>>27487126
Clearly you haven't heard of Ginger Elvis.
>>
>>27487137
I'll agree that most people who like nirvana now are those who think their generation sucks
>>
>>27487182
They probably both fucked more women than kurt tho.
>>
>>27486901

Musical genius that was exploited by and killed by normalfags.
>>
>>27487159
Don't be so fucking stupid and naive. He's just as much of a newfag as you are.
>>
>>27487159
I guess i'm a cyborg now.
Drugs, job and friends, still no gf, but prostitutes.

I was full on hikki for a decade though.
Never left my room for years at a time, only to go out an have a panic attack getting a haircut.
>>
File: nirvana in utero.jpg (91 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
nirvana in utero.jpg
91 KB, 900x900
Genuinely great songwriter.

Everyone points to Nevermind as the "magnum opus" of Nirvana, but, though it is good, it's their shameless pop record. Kurt himself said it was influenced strongly by children's music. Simple melodies, just with lots of guitars.

In Utero is his real best work. Noisy, proper grunge. And produced by based Steve Albini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyxoQIQaogE
>>
>>27487222
Not true, i'm r9k circa 2011-12. 4chan 2006.
So in this disgusting year I could be an oldfag.
>>
>>27487226
how old are you then? originale commento
>>
>>27486901
Never had any interest in him, so I don't think anything.
>>
>>27487247
That song Frances Farmer is a damn great song
>>
>>27487251
This is literally the same exact thing all r3ddit immigrants say.
>>
>>27487258
thirty two, 32. blockxz
>>
>>27487292
man who gives a shit if he's lying stop being so fucking annoying
>>
>>27487308
I'm not even the same person who's been replying to him. That was literally my first comment in this entire thread, you stupid faggot.
>>
the song of /r9k/ -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5ijtz6Du_s

no kurt was the first hipster. if you ever lived in seattle you would understand the type of artsy miserably intelligent Scandinavians that live there. they're normal in the sense they can socialize and aren't dirt ugly but most of them are very eccentric and have anti social tendencies.
>>
>>27487332
Yet you spout the same tired old bullshit
>>
>>27487182
Nigga I have a cleft chin and I am as robot as they come. Cleft chins are robot chins. People make fun of you and call you butt chin. It destroys your self-esteem and soul.
>>
>>27487378
didn't he live in a small town in washington
>>
>>27487393
>Nigga

Please leave and take your normie nigger talk with you.
>>
Nirvana made some great songs but I prefer to listen to Local H. They even got a song about Kurt.
>>
>>27487378
I hear anthem for transgender females.
>>
>>27487429
ya but he was influenced by people in seattle. he would travel there every chance he could get.
>>
>>27487454
ya and kurt at that present time was really lgtbq

i feel like he purposely went against the norm so maybe today he'd hate the left but back then he was like an sjw.
>>
>>27486901
like all pop musicians>
>completely overrated
>>
Kurt Cocaine
>>
>>27487499
personally I think he would hate feminism today because it's not about equality but instead about women superiority
>>
>>27487499
Gay rights and feminism was genuinely counter cultural in the 70s 80s and early 90s. Today it's basically the norm. I don't think Kurt would be anti-sjw though. He hated misogyny but he was also kind of misanthropic so I don't think he would be compelled to take a strong stance on those kind of issues if he were alive today.
>>
>>27487546
Don't mix up Feminists and Feminazis.
Feminazis are shown the most to discredit feminism, but real feminists also fight for the sake of men.
>>
>>27486917
Correct. Eggman is a normalfag and so was Kurt
>>
He sounds very bored when he sings like he's about to die from boredom and like he's trying to imitate a chainsaw.
His music sucks ass and he's absolutely not a robot.
>>
>>27487668
That makes sense I just wish the minority wasn't always the loudest
>>
>>27487499
Sjw was almost certainly the norm around him. He's just a completely ordinary sjw and he'd be one of those people posting sjw stuff on his Facebook which became huge on 9gag.
>>
>>27486933
He might have been sad but that doesn't make you a robot if you're very normal and socially skilled and socially successful.
>>
>>27487007
They're fucking painful to listen to. He sounds like he hates making music, it's the most boring shit of all time.
>>
>>27487749
Medias and governments do their best in order to discredit equality movements. It's not that feminazis genuinely are the loudest, but that feminists are kept quiet. Same with lgbt movements or anti racism movements, we just seek equality but are shown as people who want to be the most powerful and that want to make straight white males guilty...
>>
>>27487949
damn that makes me sad as hell, I don't think people will ever have true equality
>>
>>27486901
Just a guy, really. He's been very fabricated by the media.
>>
>>27486901
There are some things about him that are just mind blowing.
>>
>>27488005
Well around here, (still one of the top 10 country) things look like they're about to change.
>>
File: Ian Curtis.jpg (103 KB, 500x658) Image search: [Google]
Ian Curtis.jpg
103 KB, 500x658
>>27486933
He was just a self-pitying normie. Ian Curtis embodied the strife of r9kers much better.
>>
>>27488269
Both were idiots who would rather make their lives and the lives of those around themselves insufferable than better themselves. And both had an actual potential that went to waste because of that. Both are the same.
>>
>>27488269
Tbqh I relate /r9k/ much more to GG Allin, as an edgelord who throws tantrums and shits on normies, blaming everyone but himself for his stupid problems.
>>
File: Nick+Drake+PNG.png (296 KB, 399x473) Image search: [Google]
Nick+Drake+PNG.png
296 KB, 399x473
>>27488269
Yup. Ian Curtis looked properly depressed and autistic. Same with Nick Drake.
>>
>>27488506
That's a fake robot though. /r9k/ edgelords are usually borderline normie or normie aspirants from good homes with no debilitating mental health or psych issues.
>>
Eyedea was the most robot musician ever
>this planet's just a overpopulated mental hospital
>each time we walk around constitutes another obstacle
R.eye.p.
>>
>>27488269
>has friends
>has wife
>has lover
>is well respected even back then by his social circle

wow what a robot
>>
>>27486901
He lost his Virginity to a retard because he thought it was the only way he was ever going to get laid.

He spent most of his time in his hometown scrawling things like "God Is Gay" on walls.

He had a human fetus in a jar in his bathroom because he thought it was cool.

Pre-Talent he woulda fit in here pretty nicely.

But r9k turns on anyone who gets that much teen pussy throw itself at 'em.
>>
>>27489875
-Bullshit. The retarded girl never existed. When people go to Aberdeen in search of this so called retarded girl they always come up empty, even the people who lived at the time never recall a retarded girl ever living in Aberdeen.

-That's another lie, he originally wrote gibberish on the walls then later switched his story.

Kurt Cobain was a lieing cunt. Fuck him.
>>
>>27489964
You really expect a bunch of normos to remember some retarded chick who used to fuck losers?

people fall through the gaps like bam, y'know?

Still, it's a nice story, and the past is a foreign country.

It's not like the truth is any more real now than the fiction, whichever is which.

Like the Aeneid.
>>
Genuinely very creatively talented guy who had a fucked up childhood made even worse by Amerifats obsession with poisoning children with Ritalin etc. He was the posterboy for Generation X for a reason.

Nirvana were really fucking good but the guy never stood a chance once he got famous. Far too good looking to be considered a robot. The only thing I dislike about him is his very liberal and Feminist views. If he were alive today he would be a full on Feminist lover/supporter. Got full-on cucked by Courtney too which definitely contributed to his untimely death. Still can't say if he was murdered or not but either way, he'd have ended up dead regardless
>>
>>27487137

I can agree with this sentiment.

I'm 24.

When I was listening to Nirvana as a teen, the feeling I got from it was raw and incredible. I could listen to the albums over and over and not get tired of them. In Utero is my favorite.

Now, it's just sort of...old grunge. I still love it, but I don't feel that part of myself anymore. I never go out of my way to listen to it. Part of the problem is Nirvana gets over-played, but I think I changed too. I might as well be listening to Alice in Chains, Bush, STP, etc. They all start to sound the same after awhile. Not that those aren't great bands, but they never inspired as much fervor as Nirvana.

Now when I watch the documentaries that have come out, all the footage and info from that era makes it seem like such a crazy, chaotic time. Montage of Heck was a perfect name for the latest film. It's scary to think that a person of relative fame can have lived and died, and yet there are few existing confirmed facts about them. I don't think anyone will ever have a clear story about what he was like, because he was just another sad, fucked up guy who hid behind music and drugs. To me, allegations that he was some kind of genius are grandiose at best. He definitely had a great deal of talent and some kind of twisted, fucked up ambition, but I'd imagine that other than being very sensitive, he was probably quite ordinary on an intellectual level. David Grohl was the only one who knew what the fuck he was doing.

If Cobain was still alive today, he'd be beyond washed-up. Everyone would be tired of him, and any forthcoming music from him would be stale as shit. He'd probably have eventually sold out and done some lousy Pepsi ads or something equally awful. Maybe ridden the coattails of a crisis relief effort to appear 'humanitarian'. He wouldn't be the rock'n'roll martyr he ended up becoming in death. Who knows, though.
>>
great musician, unusual personality
>>
>>27489261

this

the cult of Ian Curtis is pretty annoying, he was just a typical Manc knobhead
>>
>>27487499
>>27490818
Cobain was actually aiming for a Johny Cash style acoustic guitar thing so what you just said wouldn't happen
>>
>>27491963
Dubs was accidentall
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.