[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get Anxiety meds?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-03-25-22-06-54.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-25-22-06-54.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
I'm a socially awkward guy who's probably going to a therapist soon For a couple reasons get real nervous start sweating when by a lot of people , really anxious in grocery stores , find it extremely difficult too talk to girls but not guys for some odd reason. Also never had a girlfriend khv. Also a blackbot. 19
>>
>>27484499
Have you considered that it's not your anxiety that's the problem, but your autism?
>>
Depending on what kind of doc you get, they'll probably just give you a benzodiazepine once you tell them your problems. Most likely klonopin / clonazepam. They work wonders for anxiety but are highly addictive and if you ever need to come off, the withdrawals are very shit
>>
>>27484499
straight up ask your doctor for medicine to calm your ass down. worked for me.
>>
Didn't want to make a new thread.

How do I force myself to go to a psychologist?
Every time I want to see one, I turn away when I realize my problems are nothing compared to other people's problems and that I'm worthless and not worth saving.

Also, I'm almost completely unable to speak (as in mutism), so I wouldn't even know what to tell one, I'd probably just sit there and say nothing and then leave.

I don't want to be alone anymore anons
>>
as a kid i never had any anxiety, then after puberty i got really bad anxiety and now im a social recluse

why did this happen to me?
>>
>>27484532
What are the effects like? how do you change?
>>
>>27484600
just get your mom to set up an appointment for you and when it comes time to go take a notepad and pen. write down before hand some of the issues you've been having and what you would like to get out of the sessions. hand it to him and if it's all written out he will probably start you on some meds and use the pen to help answer any other questions he might have for you if you can't speak to him. it will be short. start taking ur meds and do whatever exercises he asks of you until the next week or so when you go back to see him. you should really do this. sounds like you need help badly.
>>
>>27484600
additionally go to a psychiatrist not a psychologist. the latter cannot prescribe meds and you most defiinitely need meds.
>>
>>27484728
>>27484736
Thanks guys
I'll try
>>
>>27484499
SSRIs are the most commonly used anxiolyic and antidepressant these days. There's also no risk of OD or addiction so they're muc easier to get. If you're just honest about your symptoms and say you want meds to help you I'd b very surprised if you didn't get script for SSRIs.

They can cause a bit of agitation when you start taking them and that can be dealt with by benzos but it is bad medicine to prescibe benzos for longterm treeatment of anxiety.

>>27484531
Benzo's are shit and cause way more trouble in the end
>>
>>27484716
The effects of the medicine? Well, trust me, it'll take a bit for the medicine to actually work. Don't expect to take one and six hours later thinking you'll become Chad. I'm on 5mg of Aripiprazole for depression/schizo and Lorazepam for general anxiety and it works pretty well. It's kinda hard to describe but basically overtime you should eventually notice you aren't a complete autist in public.
>>
>>27484716
With ssris your dick may fall off
>>
>>27484767

Benzos WORK, you're literally inhibiting your brain's state of constant scanning as it preps to overreact to any stimuli instead of maybe nudging an underlying psychological cause with an SSRI. OP just needs to learn to use them responsibly, to internalize how good not being anxious on them is act on them to better provoke it sober
>>
>>27484878
can you still drive if you are taking them
>>
>>27484889

You should be able to but a certain level of anxiety is good for driving. Just be careful, extra vigilant
>>
>>27484801
60-70% of people on SSRIs report some sexual side-effects ranging from reduced libido and erectile dysfunction to penile anaesethesia and delayed orgasm or others.
BUT
Reported symptoms often mild and many find they are worth it for controlling the depression or anxiety.
The sexual side-effects may often diminish over time. I had about a month were it was really hard to cum, now I'm fine.\
Anxiety doses are smaller than antidepressant doses so you may be fine
If there doses are intolerable there are many SSRIs available and switching to a different compound may help. Duloxetine, buproprion, mirtazapine and agomelatine are associated with fewer or no sexual sideffects but are often more expensive.
You're on this board and complaining of anxiety ... are you really getting laid that much already? If the meds help you not spaghetti around girls then the net effect is likely to be positive.

>>27484878
Oh I'm not disputing the efficacy but SSRIs are generally better for the vast majority of patients and benzos should only be used temporarily or in patients for whom SSRIs are ineffective.
>>
>>27484682
I think my anxiety was worse as a child. I was selectively mute from around first grade on and began having panic attacks frequently starting at age 11 and lasting until about 16, then they slowed down. I stopped going to school when I was 13 and have been a shut-in ever since. I haven't had a panic attack in quite a while but I currently have this persistent low-level state of anxiety that I can't do anything about. I can pretty much talk myself through panic attacks now, but with this there isn't anything I can do to put a dent in it. My dad has had similar issues as far as panic attacks go. I've never told a doctor about it and am not even sure if I could bring myself to. I am also concerned that I have some of the symptoms for schizophrenia.
>>
>>27485022
You need treatment bro.

It sounds like you would really benefit from some medication but obviously you need to see a GP or a psych for this. Try and work towards it in some way.
Maybe writing down what you just told us and giving it to a doctor would help you open up to them.

In terms of non-pharmacological therapy, psychotherapy would be very beneficial for you. Any therapy would help but I'd recommend seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist for the therapy not just a counselor or some bullshit social worker.

Now I know that'd be a big ask so in the meaning try looking up cognitive-behavioural therapy. It's the form of psychotherapy with the most evidence in clinical trials and it's now considered first-line in treating anxiety and depression. It'll probably resemble a lot of the self-talk you've been using to get through panic attacks and a lot of it seems like common sense but it's more effective than drugs in treating generalised anxiety and panic disorder in a lot of patients.
You should be able to find a lot of resources on-line if you spend a bit of time googling CBT and that way you don't have to open up to a psych just yet.
>>
>>27485022
Oh and I meant to ask for you to tel me more about the schizophrenia-type symptoms you think you've been experiencing.
>>
No treatment bullshit. I was awkward in my teens and 20s. Sweated all the time around people until I realised society and its expectations are bullshit. I don't owe anyone anything. I'm a weird robot and I don't care what normalfags think. Normalfags are just as insecure. They just hide it. Once I got my head around that I calmed down, slowed my thinking, slowed my breathing and stopped sweating. Now I give no fucks to anyone about anything. I just do my own shit
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.