[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hobbies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: hobbies.jpg (38 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
hobbies.jpg
38 KB, 350x350
What are some easy hobbies to start with. Not vidya, reading, Internetz, sitting hobbies, not any of that shit, not even lifting. Something like genealogy, botany, brewing, carpentry, metalworking. How do start out and get into those hobbies?
>>
Just say fuck it and get into cardboard crack.
>>
>>27482727
Wuz that f.am.
>>
>>27482684
Guns.

Go get a gun, some ammo, forget everything you learned in movies and videogames, have fun shooting. Webm shenanigans mildly related.
>>
>brewing

Out of desperation I've made kilju twice. Shit gets you turnt like nothing else.
>>
Chess

You can probably stand up to play it. As for getting into a hobby, use the internet. People talking about what they love and helping others to get into it is one of the things it does best. Look around and you'll find a guide to nearly anything you could want.
>>
>>27482742
M8 trust me, if I could get a gun in this liberal state without my parents freaking the fuck out, I would, but would probably be kicked the fuck out.
>>
>>27482764
I moved out the second I turned 18 and simultaneously got my gun license (canuckshit) so I could into firearms.

I had guns before I could even drive, I bummed rides, had a bicycle and used the bus until I was like 21 and finally got around to getting my driving license and getting a car.

Guns are awesome, bruh.
>>
>>27482782
sounds like you made it

what are you doing on r9k
>>
>>27482764
>if I could get a gun in this liberal state
If you live in the US, it's possible to get a gun in any state, ya dummy.
>>
>>27482782
I know man, but shit, I need to get a job first. And well school is expensive and free housing is pretty schway.
>>
>>27482802
It's more what my parents would think, you know kicking me out and shit.
>>
File: sunset.jpg (21 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
sunset.jpg
21 KB, 500x318
I write books but no one cares about them or buys them.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=%77%68%65%72%65%20%63%61%6e%20%49%20%64%6f%77%6e%6c%6f%61%64%20%63%68%69%6c%64%20%70%6f%72%6e%20%61%6e%64%20%68%6f%77%20%63%61%6e%20%49%20%6b%69%6c%6c%20%74%68%65%20%70%72%65%73%69%64%65%6e%74
>>
>>27482828
>safari

That's probably why
>>
>>27482828
I hate you so fucking much.
>>
If you're looking to waste time, brewing may not be the best hobby: you can really only devote a few hours every few weeks to it, the rest of the time is spent waiting. Carpentry and metalworking have high start-up costs, and require a lot of space. If your parents will help you out, though, they're damned interesting. Probably the cheapest time-consuming hobby is drawing, or playing an instrument. Another hobby you could think about, oddly, is lock-picking.
>>
>>27482849
Welp probably on a list now, goddamit.
>>
>>27482743
When I was 16 I'd make hard cider in my closet with apple juice and condoms to capture the carbon when I was on break and strapped for cash.
>>
>>27482795
I only go outside to shooting range or to wageslave in a factory where I'm alone for 10h/day with a half-dozen machines. There are other people around but not in my section i.e. line of sight.

I haven't seen a girl in over five years that I could consider within my most extreme limits of dating tolerance.

I come here because I'm bored and I feel like talking to people but I don't really want to do that IRL unless I have to. I have pretty much checked out of what normal people would call "life" and focused on things that matter to me, pretending to be normal for a few minutes during work days when I say hello/goodbye to the coworkers.

Reee at me if you must, I have already won.

>>27482808
Saving up is all you should be concerned about if your housing is free atm.
>>
>>27482850
I tried my hand in lockpicking, I can only rake open lock, though most people never even get that far.I need a proper kit and practice lock though.
>>
>>27482876
Yeah, but I don't think those things are very expensive. I mean, you only need a tension wrench and a pick, right?
>>
>>27482684
fly fishing
>>
>>27482859
I considered using condoms, but I instead I just twisted the lid just enough to let the gas out. Worked fine.
>>
>>27482895
Homemade tension wrench and rake pick, I could probably make the other picks, but they're hard to make and aren't very good as they are made using paperclips. I would buy a kit, but haven't gotten around to it.
>>
>>27482918
So yeah, point being, it's an option. Not knowing much about what interests you makes it tricky to recommend other things, especially since I assume you don't have the money to blow on a bunch of equipment. I know, for example, that automotive repair requires spending hundreds to thousands on tools. Glassblowing maybe?
>>
>>27482963
Seems dangerous anon, I mean glassblowing is interesting and all, but I would probably need to take classes to learn.
>>
>>27482963
Also at this point I'm interested in anything that can be cheap.
>>
>>27482992
Okay, how about woodcarving but with a knife. That is, whittling. Obviously still dangerous, but y'know, don't cut yourself. Then all you really need is scrap wood, a knife, sandpaper, and wood-polish (or varnish or whatever it's called). I'm sure you could learn that from YouTube.
>>
>>27483074
Hmm ok, seems good. Hope no one notices a few knives missing.
>>
File: 1384741613899.jpg (67 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1384741613899.jpg
67 KB, 367x451
>>27482782

>gun license
>laughingtexans.jpg
>>
>>27483117
You don't have to be mean about it ;_;
>>
>>27483104
Just buy a pocket knife, they're really not expensive. Also get a sharpening stone (aka whetstone). Don't really know how to get cheap scrap wood, maybe trawl a construction site or try and find wood that's fallen off trees if you live near any.
>>
>>27483148
Really just a little joke, but yeah wood is pretty easy.
>>
>>27482849
>>27482856
what was it familia
>>
I'm getting into fishing. Just brought a surf casting rod. I live by the beach so my mates and I just head out throw a few lines in and drink beers and surf.
>>
>>27484391
A phishing bonet thay steals your computer's personal info and blue screens it

t. cuck who fell for it

Posted from my smartphone bc desktop is fucked
>>
>>27482684
smoking meats

this site will guide you brother: www.amazingribs.com
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.