[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you on September 11th, 2001? Do you remember that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: sept 11.jpg (212 KB, 930x675) Image search: [Google]
sept 11.jpg
212 KB, 930x675
Where were you on September 11th, 2001?

Do you remember that day clearly?

Does anyone have any interesting personal stories?

I was in 3rd grade, and I remember some kid telling me it was 911 day, or national police day, and I thought that was interesting. It wasn't until later that day when my dad picked me up early from school that I learned of what had happened.

I don't think I really realized just how devastating it was until about a year later around the first anniversary.
>>
I was still in kindergarten at the time, all I remember is that we fullevacuated the school because I lived in DC at the time
>>
Fuckin your mom faggot
>>
>be me playing with toys
>mom comes in
>"tower is kill"
>"no"
>>
nice airplanes
>>
>be 10 year old britbong
>walking home from school
>see some workmen watching the news on a portable tv in their van, building on fire and archive footage of planes taking off, think it is some action movie
>get home and my mums secretary is all anxious asking if I know where she is
>walk into the living room just in time for the second plane to hit and the reporters realize its a terrorist attack
>actually put a VHS tape in and hit record because I was worried this would be too graphic to ever be broadcasted again
>specifically remember thinking "what a way to start the new century, there will be a war over this, this is going to be awesome!"
>>
>>27482645

Was in math class when I heard my the principal call me into his office.

My mom was calling. My dad was actually on the flight that crashed in Pennsylvania and my mom was telling me that something had happened concerning dad and she would pick me up soon.

That was the flight where everyone stormed the cockpit. My dad fought valiantly but in the end the passengers broke the door open and he was forced to crash the plane, with no survivors.

rip in peace dad.
>>
>>27482645
I was in some early school like kindergarten or first grade. I didn't learn what had happened until 3rd grade.
>>
File: awkward-face-1.jpg (50 KB, 707x392) Image search: [Google]
awkward-face-1.jpg
50 KB, 707x392
I was in 6th grade.
I remember waking up bored with life and probably depressed.
I remember thinking to myself on Monday "god life is boring, I wish something interesting would happen."
Get up next day, drag myself out of bed, force myself into the shower, dread every moment, wish I was still asleep and warm.
Phone rings, neighbor called, it was weird because she never called. My mom turns on the TV.
Brushing my teeth when I see smoking tower.
????
Watch 2nd plane fly into other tower.
Holy shit.
Realize we're going to war with someone.
Get my bag and walk to school.
Theories and rumors are spreading like aids.
"They have a helicopter! They still have 3 more planes!"
Get to school, teacher leaves TV on all day.
3 or 4 kids get pulled out of school for whatever reason even though we're hundreds of miles away in an unremarkable suburb.
Watch towers collapse.
Then hear about pentagon and flight 93 as day stretches on.
MFW my wish came true and something interesting happened.
>>
File: 1459130633429.png (662 KB, 862x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459130633429.png
662 KB, 862x1000
>>27482645
I was in my safe country where none of this happens
>>
>>27482737
your father was a good man
>>
I was in primary school, i woke up to it all over the news,

i went to school and my teacher said, "did anyone see what was on tv thismorning? You will remember that for the rest of your life."
>>
>>27482737
>yfw your dad was Bane

Jealous as fuck
>>
I was in first grade. My mom came to school and asked if i wanted to come home early. I didn't and i have no idea why. And then I finished the day and went home and played videogames. The next day I was confused about what "the two towers" were. and got yelled at for trying to talk about lord of the rings. 9/11 made me cry because everyone in class told me I was an idiot and a psycho for not giving a fuck about something I didn't know anything about.
>>
i remember i was mad as fuck that they interrupted pokemon for the news. i live in australia. who the fuck cares
>>
>>27482645
>Where were you on September 11th, 2001?
I was at home in Northern California

>Do you remember that day clearly?
Yes, my mother woke me up for school and I heard something about a terrorist attack and there being no hot or running water. However I heard the shower and so got in and when I came down for breakfast a few minutes later I realized that when I was woken up my mind was a bit jumbled. My mother had told me about the terrorist attack and that she had the shower going for me.

Of-course all through breakfast I watched the news. I was watching the Today Show when the Pentagon was hit. That was when I really understood how serious this was. Interestingly, only a week or so prior I'd watched a documentary on the Pentagon.

Then a short time later I watched the towers fall. I remember very distinctly first seeing kind of a puff of smoke or dust at the top of one tower and then it just came tumbling down. That was kind of a life changing moment for me. That was when I realized that history wasn't just something to learn about after the fact, but something to witness. I knew that nothing would ever quite be the same after that.

Only a year or so before 9/11, maybe it was only a few months? My family had been on vacation on the east coast, visiting relatives in Long Island. We went to New York and went to the top of the Empire State Building but we weren't able to go up to the World Trade Center. It was closed by the time we got over there and so instead we ate in the McDonalds across the street.

That next summer we went to New York again and saw ground zero. Massive fucking hole.

>Does anyone have any interesting personal stories?
No, after all I was some 3,000 miles away. My step father did have two brothers who were firefighters on Long Island though. They were fine but they both knew guys who died at the WTC.

I remember in pretty much every class at school that day we just watched the news coverage.
>>
>>27482645
>where the fuck is cheez tv??!
>>
I remember making fun of the local radio host who said a plane hit a building in New York on my way to community college. I thought he was exaggerating and that it was ridiculous to imply that it was intentional.
>>
>>27482761
I was in kindergarten. I literally did not know what went on until sixth grade, it's like no one even talked about it or observed what happened until then.
>>
>2nd grade getting ready for school
>mom calls me into her bedroom
>WTC got hit by a plane
>go to school
>class is almost completely empty
>apparently another plane hit the towers while I was walking to school
>not really afraid because I lived in bumfuck Oklahoma
>>
>>27482784
Cheez tv was the shit, they're bringing it back aswell.
>>
>>27482761
6th grade. I had the same teacher for kindergarten as 6th grade, so it blurs its weird.
>>
I was 7 years old. I think I got sent home for school (even though I live in Canada) and watched it over and over again on the news. I had no clue what was going on but I thought it was weird.

Decades from now this era will be remembered for terrorism and the internet. We live in this bizarre society of spectacle in which we watch these horrible events in comfort from behind a screen. News of these events spreads across the world instantly. Nothing like this has ever existed in history. It's definitely 'cyberpunk' and slightly surreal.

The Paris and Brussels attacks gave me 9/11 nostalgia and now I find myself looking forward to the next big attack. It's just so exciting, more titillating than any entertainment. Hoping the next one will be Toronto or Montreal.
>>
7th grade, watched the 2nd plane hit and saw the people jumping out of the windows to their death.

It sounds gay, but that shit rattled the fuck out of me and was the reason I joined the military as soon as I was out of HS. I have an extreme disgust for muslims and wish we could get a greenlight to fucking hunt them like dogs. I hate them with a burning seething anger and it boils whenever I see them.

Wish I would have killed more of them.
>>
>be in gangwar
>hear about it
>declare war on terror
>invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan happens
>kid im in gangwar with starts intruding on my lands
>knock him the fuck out
I was 6 at the time
>>
I must have been about 10 years old.
During morning prayers, my teacher mentioned that we should pray for the buildings that got hit in america.

That's how I first learned about it.

It's strange that I didn't learn about it from cheez tv being cancelled, because I remember watching pokemon religiously every morning before school.

I must have either outgrown it by then, or I just happened to wake up late that morning.

A mystery that I may never solve
>>
>Be 11
>In class when the teacher turns on the tv
>Some normie bitch freaking out cause her dads a pilot
>Not even paying attention because i convinced some faggot to trade my evee for his blastoise thru cabelink
>All three fully evolved starters in my possession now

Never forget
>>
>>27482645
>be 9/11/2001
>teacher turns on TV
>"there was an attack and it was a big deal"
>"it was done by a guy named Osama bin Laden"
>learn years later that the bin Laden tapes were him denying responsibility
>really start believing that the school lied about 9/11 after learning about the JFK assassination coverup in history class
>>
In 3rd grade, my teacher literally wheeled the TV in and we all watched it live. (This was in Canada too, not the US).
>>
File: these legs dont run.jpg (117 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
these legs dont run.jpg
117 KB, 1500x1125
5th grade.
live about an hour.5 from nyc via MTA.
principal took people out of class year by year to give the news so we didn't find out until around 12 what had happened. Lots of parents had called the school to tell their kids that they were okay since many parents would commute daily to work down there. all they said was "this morning some important buildings in the city were hit by planes and the united states was attacked". none of us really knew wtf they were talking about.
my dad had left that morning on a flight from laguardia but the principal did not have any info on him.
they told us not to watch the news when we got home and to wait until our parents were there.

of course you fucking turn on the news. stay-at-home neighbor mom burst in the door and yelled at me for looking at the news. mom came home and said dad was fine and she and neighbor woman were scared.

dad's plane was grounded in a field in middle of nowhere illinois. was a-ok.

next three days remembered how quiet it was without planes flying around. of course couldn't really enjoy it during the day since the neighbor at that time would mow his lawn when he was stressed instead of beating his wife like a normal person.

there's a crazy woman who worships crystals in the next town over. she said she could see more detailed patterns in rocks during those three days because there were less chem trails in the sky.

now i live in the bronx. nyc is a police state.
TERRORISTS WIN
>>
I was in an elementary school which had a clear view of the towers so I saw the second plane hit but didn't really process what had happened until much later. I remember a girl constantly telling us her mom worked around there so she was scared but her mom turned out to be okay.
>>
I was in first grade, and I hardly remember shit. I was a pretty inattentive kid, and I remember us having a sort of "circle time" that was may more serious than usual, and I know the teacher was trying to explain what happened in a very vague and "beating around the bush" way, which is why I probably don't remember it.

Didn't know anything about it until 4th grade, when one of my classmates mentioned 9/11 to an Indian girl, and then said "Wow, you don't know what 9/11 means?", so I looked it up online when I got home. I heard the phrase "9/11" get thrown around between 1st and 4th grade, but never figured out what it meant.
>>
>>27482901
Of course, you can't figuratively wheel a TV in
>>
>>27482924
also . following day instead of sex-ed class we all try to talk about what happened but are all retarded 5th graders.

hear stories from the other kids about their parents running from falling walls of dust (burned up businesspeople and drywall) being totally unable to see and get into any door that will open. i heard the smell was awful and lingered for weeks.
>>
>>27482645

I had been working for a couple of years, and was visiting my little brother, who was in grad school. I was sleeping on the floor of his dorm room for a long weekend, and feeling many feels about memories of college.

I had been out late the night before, and he woke me up when he heard about the first plane hitting the tower. The campus was in shock that day.

The most immediate effect on my life, was that the underground bunker where I worked the night shift suddenly got a cluster of TVs, all locked to different news services.
>>
>>27482737

>and he was forced to crash the plane, with no survivors

You piece you shit.
You actually had me going for a second
>>
HAPPENING NOW GET COMFY EGYPTIAN NATIONAL HIJACKED A PLANE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg
>>
>>27483021
what the fuck

originale
>>
>>27483021
>all passengers released

Nothing will happen.
>>
>>27483103
Not all; they picked a couple out, and are still holding them, according to BBC world service.
>>
>at home drinking brain fluid
>fred call
>'towers is die'
>'no'
>>
>>27483132

Still nothing's going to happen. The plane's already landed. If they execute what few hostages they have then they have nothing to bargain with. The hijackers have literally nowhere to go and no way to achieve anything anymore.
>>
File: KEK.png (710 KB, 1168x1184) Image search: [Google]
KEK.png
710 KB, 1168x1184
>>27483103
>>27483151
They still have hostages and they may be British nationals. The full motives of the terrorist remain to be seen. This is important. Just get comfy and have faith in the power of meme magic that the situation will escalate yet. The hijacker is probably irrational and who knows what he's willing to do. He may have an explosive suicide belt after all. He might just allah snackbar this shit yet.
>>
>>27483211
No matter what the hostage takers do, this will serve as an excuse to reduce liberty, and increase the power of the state.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20su5f_the-power-of-nightmares-1-the-rise-of-the-politics-of-fear-bbc-2004_news
>>
>>27483211
Double digits! I invoke thee KEK! Praise KEK!
>>
At home on phone with my dad when he said that we're crashing this plane with no survivors
>>
>>27482778
I was glad they interrupted spongebob, hated hearing that damn laugh every morning.
>>
>>27482645
I woke up to get ready for work and heard it on the news. Rang my best mate who thought I was actually taking the piss. Still remember it when the first tower went down, unbelievable and don't believe there's been anything on the news quite so epic/tragic since desu.

>on another note, am I the only one in this thread that wasn't in diapers or school when this happened? Lol.
>>
>>27482886
>pray
>2001
>still believes in a god
You realize there is no god, right?
>>
>>27482645
I was an 18 year old student flirting with a 15 year old girl on some fan made Cure message board.
>anon is your tv on ?
>nope
>you should turn your tv on
I was listening to this song as I saw the planes crash in to the towers :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGgMZpGYiy8
>>
>>27483771
You will admit you were wrong one day.
>>
>Go to work
>Work with TVs
>Every channel
>All day
>Non stop
There was a lot of BS spoken after that event and the mess it created lives on.
>>
File: bane pepe.jpg (209 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
bane pepe.jpg
209 KB, 800x778
>>27482645
I was in a plane
>>
File: 1449629618146.gif (83 KB, 446x300) Image search: [Google]
1449629618146.gif
83 KB, 446x300
>in 3 years time people who weren't even alive on 9/11 will be 18
>>
File: tumblr_nowvz6Qmkf1uvq3s5o1_500.png (103 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nowvz6Qmkf1uvq3s5o1_500.png
103 KB, 500x419
>tfw in 4th grade
>mommywommy was watching the newsywesy
>big explosions
> i lol at the people falling thousands of feet to their death

>mfw i skip school that day
>>
>>27482645
Lying low for a while.
>>
>>27482871
Congratulations on being brainwashed anon
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.