[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever thought about dropping everything and hitchhiking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: hitchhiker.jpg (160 KB, 940x545) Image search: [Google]
hitchhiker.jpg
160 KB, 940x545
Have you ever thought about dropping everything and hitchhiking across the country or wherever?
I'm in the prep stages right now, I'm so tired of everything, I hate where i live and i want to go somewhere new where i can start over.

I have zero money so I'll probably be living on the streets, try to work some odd jobs until i can get an apartment.
>>
Yes quite a lot actually. I would go for it if I had a friend to travel with. Someone to keep watch and protect each other from creeps / getting stabbed.
>>
File: camus.jpg (23 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
23 KB, 460x276
>>27481191

I have, But I would not want to spend what little savings I have. There's no guarantee I could eat/drink/sleep without some sort of income

But yes, the call of the wild is there. Life is just shitty enough to make living on the road look appealing
>>
File: 55564560_p11.jpg (398 KB, 827x827) Image search: [Google]
55564560_p11.jpg
398 KB, 827x827
>>27481191
>Have you ever thought about dropping everything and hitchhiking across the country or wherever?
I thought about this, but the money issue worried me. Plus I have no motivation for anything so would probably die on the streets.
>>
>>27481439
It would be nice to have a travel companion
I'm a big guy so I'm hoping that deters serial killers and creeps
>>
>>27481439
>. I would go for it if I had a friend to travel with

Sounds comfy, anon. You know it won't be easy to flag down cars as a hitchhiker if you're two people.
>>
It would be so comfy. Full time camping. Woo. Wed have tent, sleeping bag, water filters, camp stove, dried food, each other

I also happen to be a big guy. I think wed have no problem wanting for rides or money. We could play it off as backpackers preferring to travel. Long as we semi keep up on the hygiene we could def fuck bitches along the way.

Like I said only reason I haven't done this already is no travel buddy
>>
This is one of those things that I adore in fiction but have no interest in doing IRL.
>>
>>27481191
you'll absolutely hate it within a week max and end up getting raped in the ass and pissed on by two HIV positive bikers
>>
I'm overweight and i'm sick of life in general, so i'm saving up money from my shitty job to fly to Georgia and start the Appalachian trail. Advice appreciated!
>>
Yeah. Fuck hitch hiking though.
Take a bike, a tent and a backpack and hit the road.
It's a frequently entertained yet never acted upon daydream.
It's not so much that I want to wander, it's just that I want out of all the bullshit currently in my life.
>>
>>27482861
Op here
Where you at senpai?
>>
I'm right here pal. Havin trouble with quick replys on this phone.

We could also go to these regional gatherings the homeless people have. There's a massive nationals one in June. Could join a kitchen or a bus of people. Meet hippie girls
>>
>>27481191
I like where I live (Denver Colorado)

I need to go up into the mountains more to hike and just try and relax. With the weather warming up things will be rather pleasant up there. I intend to look for a really nice spot and someday kill my self there. Basically I want to find my dying spot so when the shit hits the fan I will know exactly where to go.
>>
>>27482956
I meant what state are you in?
>>27482973
That's funny colorado is probably where I'll be going, it looks beautiful there.
>>
>>27483002
It is just be aware that there are often very large distances between cities. Wyoming also has some nice mountain areas. They are often harder to get to since Wyoming is sparsely populated.
>>
>>27482861
>tfw normalfags can still effortlessly get laid even as stinking hobos hundreds of miles from home

This world is a joke with no punchline
>>
I have zero life so not much to drop kek
>>
>>27483091

you too can fuck nasty hobo girls
>>
>>27483091
>This world is a joke with no punchline

I often wonder if I am already dead and this is just some low grade level of hell. Maybe I live a false miserable life over and over as punishment for some sin.
>>
>>27481191
so you're just going to walk around with no food or water and beg for a job you can't afford food or shelter you're not going to have good hygein you'll smell, not be clean shaven, have messy ungroomed hair. so you walk into some place a dirty smelly bum and ask for work when there are groomed college educated people that cant find work applying just about anywhere like you might
what could go wrong
>>
>>27483213
Who said I'm not bringing food,changes of clothes and hygiene products?

And i wont be trying to get a job at apple or fucking starbucks, manual labor and construction will do.
>>
>>27483291
>>27483213

You've got the right idea my man

If you don't mind a bit of hard manual labour you've got nothing to worry about, construction employers are always looking for a hard working labourer to do the shit they don't have time for
>>
>>27481191
I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought of it before, but my problems with mental illness are just going to follow me wherever I go. There really isn't anything wrong with my environment, it's me that's the problem. Plus, the same problems are going to pop up no matter where you are.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.