[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the world we live in so basic? Our universe is infinite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: 646484131843181318515.jpg (63 KB, 700x325) Image search: [Google]
646484131843181318515.jpg
63 KB, 700x325
Why is the world we live in so basic? Our universe is infinite so that means there are other worlds there right? Possibly worlds that have beings with super powers or one thats 99% ocean and everyone is a pirate or one that is ten times larger than our sun and has vast territory unexplored with huge dangerous beasts that roam. Why is our world so fucking boring? I imagine in some other world somewhere there is a huge galactic war going on to decide the governing faction yet here on Earth we have jobs called accounting and millions of people posting on the chans on the daily. I hope my next life i get to live on a planet that has zombies or alien invaders or at least some type of cool shit. IDGAF if lifespan is shorter on other planet at least i get to do some fucking cool movie type shit.
>>
>>27481028
Is our world basic, or are we just desensitized to all the amazing things around us? If you lived in a world with superheros, wouldn't they get banal with time?
desu though if you want my answer most of the coolest shit in our world is hard as fuck to see or get to or do so I don't completely disagree with you
>>
>>27481056
I have thought about this a lot and it could be true what you say about life getting banal with time no matter what sort of life it is. But currently in the space we live, almost every where on Earth has been explored (except for deep sea), most critical inventions have been come up with such as electricity and fighting for survival only goes down in warring states and not for any reason involving large predators. It's so hard to be original or be that new forefront of science inventor guy cause almost everything has been done and what's left is that crazy shit like invisibility cloaks or the cure for aids.
>>
>>27481028
You only think our world is only boring because you're used to it, just like things that were considered incredible a few decades ago now are ordinary and dull.

If you look with care you'll see how amazing and complex is everything. I mean, right now you're communicating with someone that probably is thousands of miles away in a few seconds, that would be considered sorcery in the past.
>>
>tfw scared that if you go to another world after death its populace won't possess the vast wealth of knowledge that we do or have comfy internet

Only thing I really want to see change in this world is for everyone to become telepathic. Shit would be so cash.
>>
>>27481400
>Only thing I really want to see change in this world is for everyone to become telepathic. Shit would be so cash

Hell no that'd be terrifying
>>
>>27481117
>almost every where on Earth has been explored

but have YOU explored it. It's a completely different sense of awe when you see it for yourself.

Prime example for me was the great barrier reef in Aussieland. Seeing it in real life beat the hell out of any Hi-def capability, because you know, all your sense are being used, especially feel, smell/taste.
>>
>>27481028
Our world is not boring, we just have "gone through all the content" if you might, like an MMO. Back when part of the world was still "undiscovered", the things you described were a reality. People thought the uncharted seas were full of sea monsters, that the world was flat and infinite, etc. If anything, once we reach a certain level of advancement, we have an expansion pack of sorts in the yet unexplored deep sea and also in space.
>>
File: Traveling-Girlfriend-10.jpg (179 KB, 721x721) Image search: [Google]
Traveling-Girlfriend-10.jpg
179 KB, 721x721
>>27481028
Ah, but you see you're not getting the important part. Being happy and being yourself is the most importantantest of things.

But on a serious note: Jesus Christ this place was built by retards. Bad news is it's still run by down syndrome-alike.
>>
File: 1458335494295.gif (614 KB, 414x325) Image search: [Google]
1458335494295.gif
614 KB, 414x325
>>27481028
>the universe is an infintesimally small speck of light in an infinite nothingness
>the earth is an almost infintesimally small speck of dirt in this speck of light
Why the fuck do people still give so many fucks about "muh countries" "muh economy" "muh society" "muh wars". Holy shit human race, stop being such fucking faggots.
>>
>>27481028
Read about the great filter and the Fermi paradox. It's interest, at the very least.

>Inb4 you guys sci-fi circlejerk instead
>>
>>27481980
Because we're animals that evolved in such a way that survival meant having the most food or having the most women. That's why animals are hostile towards one another. Survival of the fittest. It's why greed is such a common human emotion. Animals have it too and so do we. We just think of ourselves higher than animals but in reality we just have more developed cerebral cortexes
>>
>>27482120
>better specks of dust in our specks of meaningless dust than the other specks of dust
wew primates
>>
>>27481758
Yea i totally feel this and yes, i have been to a handful of countries but that feeling of being the first ever to set foot on some new land is lost now due to our population and age.
>>
>>27482025
Fermi paradox has several holes and false bottlenecks, i.e. it chooses one concept of probability and runs with it without considering other options. What if they were telepaths? What if lightwave communication was not something they chose to develop? What if mindless colonization did not work for them or was necessary. Basically, what if they had slower birthrates, thus making the superspread of their species much much slower. I thought it had some good points, but is flawed. Valid logic, but not necessarily true and therefore not sound.
>>
But first, lets talk about parallel universes.
>>
>atheists
rofl lmao
>>
>>27482230
Not that anon, but since the universe is extremely large, wouldn't it be likely that if species were able to reach space travel, there would be species that colonize/explore
>>
>>27482239
i recognize dat meme xD
>>
>>27482239
Hell yea man, you start. How's earth timeline X92Y-30 going? Last i heard, the government leaders were all captured by alien mutineers.
>>
honestly the worst part about this universe is that we cant fucking fly. you memers can meme on about how we only think this world is boring because we're used to it, but if i could just walk outside right now and take to the skies, that shit would NEVER get old. i would do nothing but fly around all day until i died
>>
>our universe is infinite

?????? citation needed
>>
>>27482269
The same could be said for walking if we were let's say trees, or rocks.
>>
File: 1456383766176.jpg (53 KB, 543x417) Image search: [Google]
1456383766176.jpg
53 KB, 543x417
>>27482294
not to me. if i was a tree i wouldnt give a fuck about walking, i would still just want to fly. flying is so fucking cool man now im lost in these never gonna fly feels
>>
>>27481028
>"Why is the world we live in so basic?"
>asks the hermit who lives in his shell
>>
>>27482279
>string theory suggests this
>>
>>27482985
string theory is a meme
>>
all i want is to be able to switch universes at will
if theres really infinite universes then i could switch to one where all girls are 10/10 and want to fuck me, because one like that would exist
if everyone could have that ability everyone would be happy
>>
>>27481028

you've been watching too many gay ass movies
>>
File: 1414026348603.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1414026348603.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
>>27483188
>tfw stuck on earth with faggots like this
>>
File: getroastednigga.jpg (26 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
getroastednigga.jpg
26 KB, 570x300
>>27483188
The one with your dad and uncle had me busting in seconds flat.
>>
>>27483209

all of that stuff OP listed is anime fantasy shit that wouldnt be sustainable, meanwhile you live on a planet where everyone has a tiny computer that can access a global network and VR and shit and robot servants coming soon
>>
File: 6969696969.jpg (25 KB, 435x640) Image search: [Google]
6969696969.jpg
25 KB, 435x640
>>27483251
got no shame in admitting that i'd give my left nut to be a character in one piece. i'd be eating devil fruit and nami's pussy all day.
>>
>>27481117
>most critical inventions have been come up with
How do you know?
>>
>Why is our world so fucking boring?
Drop what you're doing right now, walk into the wilderness and try to survive off nature. Then come back and tell me you were bored.
>>
Unbelieveable. OP posts the ramblings of a child, then if I post something along the same kines, but more developed and better worded, I get called "immature".
Fuck this shit.
>>
>>27483300
suck shit niggaboy. cool dubs btw.
>>
>>27483300
>ramblings of a child
No they weren't, he was just opening up a topic for discussion in a friendly community. Then of course faggots like you who also spend your free time here feel the need to attack him because it wasn't reddit-tier "more developed and better worded" bullshit. It's literally the only thread in the catalog that isn't about tfw no gf or smelling feet or asses or some other such bullshit. Get over yourself and stop being a whiny bitch.
>>
File: loveyoumang.png (29 KB, 600x381) Image search: [Google]
loveyoumang.png
29 KB, 600x381
>>27483347
OP here. Much love muchacho!
>>
>>27483347
Chomp on a fat cock, virgin
It's a shit thread and it sounds like it was made by a 10 year old who just discovered that yhe universe is bigger than himself.
>>
>>27482230
You're thinking about the great filter man. All the things you mentioned are solutions to the fermi paradox.
>>
>>27481028
>Why is the world we live in so basic?

It's not, it's infinitesimally complex. The only reason you're saying 'omg why so boring' is either a reflection of your life/lack of inspiration, or it's simply because you're used to this one. If we lived in a world where people flew about all day you'd still be saying the same thing.
>>
>>27483375
this

OP is a faggot
>>
>>27483375
If you don't like the content of the thread then why don't you fuck off back to the constant fucking tranny threads and do one? Seriously. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>27481028
how do you know that most worlds arent a bunch of super weak pussies and we seem like super humans to them?
>whoa they can survive a limb getting cut off, WHAT ARE THEY MADE OF??
>WATER!?! THAT SHIT IS POISON TO US
>>
>>27483686
This too OP. Our world is complex, which is frankly kind of beautiful once you get into it. Start learning about physics and chemistry and shit. You'll really start to appreciate the world.
>>
>>27481028
Alternatively, what if other worlds were just boring rocky plains where nothing happens? Earth is beautiful.
>>
File: 1458634562188.gif (1 MB, 406x449) Image search: [Google]
1458634562188.gif
1 MB, 406x449
>>27481028
"Basic".

OP, Humans are some of the most terrifying god damn things out there. We are so BEYOND all of the predators on our own planet that we have to make up things that might pose a threat to us.

Unlike most animals, humans tend to survive minor injuries. A human can splint a broken leg, a lion is fucked.

Sometimes we have too many teeth in our faces, so we either secure metal to the inside of our mouths or pay someone to pump us full of narcotics and yank them out.

Humans subject themselves to intense levels of solar radiation and undergo extremely strenuous levels of physical activity for months and years as part of a mating ritual.

Our planet isn't basic, we've just grown up as part of the most horrifying, domineering species on the planet, so shit seems banal.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>27485070
This here

We are the most terrific (and terrifying) species on this planet. We can mow down entire species just for the lulz.

Then we proceed mowing down each other for petty reasons, at first with bare hands and rocks, then bows and swords, guns and at the finest of our evolution, with words and social (dis)approval.

Our brains are so evolved that they end up refusing basic natural behaviours, by starving ourselves or even ending our own life.

Schizophrenia happens only in humans for a reason: we have an immense power that can be barely control.

We turned nature from our master to our servant, its harshness made us warriors and scholars.

Our reasoning is so complex that go beyond the mere eating, drinking and reproducing.

pic unrelated
>>
>>27485070
>>27486169
Intrinsically we are superior, but because we choose to still act like animals, with our tribes and wars which are nothing more than glorified squabbling between two groups of primates; we are squandering our potential. Think about it,we can iimagine the universe, and then things BIGGER than the universe. Our imagination truly is the most powerful thing in existence. We can create universes in our minds, we are the only species to do so. Yet we waste it on this little speck of dirt. Do you really think that in a giant expanse of star systems that is hundreds of billions of light years wide, earth is the only one we can live on? Ridiculous.
>>
Our world is extraordinary compared to everything else we've seen so far. They're all barren wastelands. Ours has billions of different forms of life coexisting and us, who were able to go from savages hardly better than apes to making shit like the internet and wifi.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6qvaGXFKmo

this video gives a good example of how we should think of this.

Maybe things that would be impossible in this universe are possible in other universes.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.