[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here fucking hate insects? I don't know if I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: fly.jpg (11 KB, 359x300) Image search: [Google]
fly.jpg
11 KB, 359x300
Anyone else here fucking hate insects? I don't know if I'm a psychopath but whenever I see one of these I always feel the need to torture the shit out of it. I've never felt the need to hurt animals or anything furry but I always kill these guys in the most painful way possible.

One time I caught one of these guys in a water bottle and drowned the shit out of it and then poured the water out of it and then got a lighter and started burning it from the outside and lit a cigarette and put it in the bottle just to watch the fucker suffocate. Other times I just put my cigarette out of these guys.

I always get some primal pleasure out of it. Do normies do this too or am I just crazy?

tl;dr fuck flies
>>
No one has ever hurt an insect?
>>
When I was a kid, yes
I used to trap ants under upside-down glasses and then check in on them a day later to see if they were still alive

Now I have an aversion towards them because they're spazzy little ADHDlords but I don't hate them. Fuck mosquitos and wasps, though.
>>
No not at all, or animals.
>>
>>27479287
If they come inside my home, or bother me relentlessly when trying to eat outside I will become like a fucking poacher and kill every last mother fuckering fly that I see.
Holy fuck, tryin to play vidya games? Fuck you gnats! Fuck you!
I will destroy your family line to the very last one.
You
Will
Die.
>>
File: 110626wp.jpg (62 KB, 576x416) Image search: [Google]
110626wp.jpg
62 KB, 576x416
>>27479287
There used to be a wasps nest on my window, i would leave the window open so they would get inside.
Everyday there was a new little fella buzzing around my room, i'd swat them down with whatever wouldn't kill them, i'd rip their wings off and light them on fire.
Eventually my parents found the wasps nest and got rid of it, i then moved on to Beatles, cockroaches, spiders, scorpions and centipedes. I was a child at the time.
>>
Me and my friends put a pra uing mantis in a water bottle once anxd blew all of our hits of weed into the bottle...I'm not sure what kind of effect it had, probably fucked his shit up though. I felt a little bad after but it was entertaining

I truly hate flies though. I have no sympathy for them
>>
>>27479287
at 11 years old saw a history channel documentary on Vlad the impaler and went on to regularly impale fireflies on pine needles. later I took to burning them at the stake
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (186 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
186 KB, 1280x720
>>27479287
ACT LIKE A PEST, DIE LIKE THE REST

This is completely normal anon. The weak should fear the strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SJSraQgcY
>>
I used to torture bugs when I was smaller.
>used to catch flies with my bare hands (when they land, i would position my hand about a foot away from them and slide my hand towards them, making them fly into me)
>i would then wash them out with water and pluck their wings
>impale them with a paperclip
>if they're still alive, i would either leave them or burn them with a lighter
that was just one of many ways i used to torture bugs, flies specifically. i have more if anyone wants to hear it
>>
>>27480432
Did you ever catch any ants and plucked their mandibles then made them fight other ants?
I'd sometimes pull off a bugs legs and place it in a little puddle of rubbing alcohol.
>>
File: 414803543_1dadd78630.jpg (271 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
414803543_1dadd78630.jpg
271 KB, 500x357
>>27480515
no, but i would throw these little pic related shits onto spider webs and or ant beds and watch them get fucked up

i also used to have a water bottle that i would trap bugs in and they would die a few days later
>>
>>27480608
These were my least favorite bugs to find, they were so common.
>>
When I was a kid me and my friend used to do this on a daily basis. Light bugs on fire, rip their legs off, stab them with sticks and watch them writhe in pain as their guts popped out. Only exceptions were cool bugs like honey bees, praying mantises, monarch butterflies etc.

I don't know why someone would do that as an adult though. It's not psychotic like killing small animals. I just don't see how it could entertain an adult. Maybe I should try torturing bugs again though and see if it's still fun. It's been a while.
>>
>>27480650
the reason why i killed them so often was because of how common they were. i would lift up a rock after a rainy day and there would be 50+ of them in that general area alone. that and the way they would roll up into a ball would piss me off to the point of making a gash in them with a paperclip so they would open up again
>>
File: itchy scalp.webm (846 KB, 236x420) Image search: [Google]
itchy scalp.webm
846 KB, 236x420
thoughts on maggot infested skulls?
>>
>>27480733
Makes my scalp feel itchy. Kind of a good feeling actually.
>>
>>27480733
There is no fucking way thats real.
If it is, burn every single one of them
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 232x217) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 232x217
>>27480733
Got me the first time but now I'm numb to it.
>>
>>27480790
makes me want an Oreo cone desu
>>
I fucking hate insects. All kinds. They are repulsing. Like sometimes just for the absolutely disgusting feel I will look up a bugs face in HD. Oh my fucking god a cockroach's face is one thing I can NOT look at. I can't even be in a room with a full grown cockroach.
>>
I don't want to torture them, but I hate bees and wasps. theyve been terrifying me since I was a kid. i was taking a shit once when I was about 7 with the window open and as I start shitting I look up and see 3 bees hovering right in front of my face. I ran out as fast as I could with pants around my ankles. I didn't even go back in to wipe my ass or flush the toilet.

fuck you bees, leave me alone.
>>
>>27479287
I never gave a shit about insects since I figured they probably didn't have much self awareness anyway and hurting them was just sending different hormones to a brain which just processes chemical stimuli and nothing more.

Then I bought a microscope and did a thread on /an/ taking requests, most people wanted to see buggos.

If you squashed them you blew their guts out their heads and fucked the image, so I just used to spray them.

Watching a tiny ant magnified to the size of a monitor writhing in agony during it's death throes made me feel really really guilty, she didn't deserve pain.

Seeing a roach in a coma, but being able to make out the blood still flowing through the vessels in it's face was very unsettling.

Now I feel bad if I hurt an insect for amusement or for the curiosity of myself and internet strangers.
>>
>>27480857
Bees are cool but they scare the shit out of me if they get too close, even wood bees though they can't sting. I fucking hate wasps they're the fucking douchebags of the insect world when I was a kid I went to put on my shoe and there was a fucking wasp in there and it stung the shit out of me. I know I was probably crushing it but it makes me fear the fuckers to this day
>>
>>27480947
The fact that bugs can't really experience any complex emotions makes me kind of emotionless to killing them. Helps me let off steam. Sometimes I like to think they can experience those emotions though. I don't know familia.
>>
Got me thinking now. A bacteria clearly isn't self aware and doesn't know if you're killing it. But a human is. So you don't kill humans because they wouldn't like it and because you'd be robbing them of a chance to be happy from seeing a nice sunset or eat some nice food and stuff.

But Jellyfish aren't self aware, but dogs are. So don't kill dogs but feel free to fuck up Jellyfish.

That means that there must be a cut off point for when something stops being okay to kill out of boredom...
>>
only time I've ever killed bugs (not including parasites like fleas, lice etc) was by accident or out of mercy.I once found a squashed fly with a missing wing that was somehow still alive and I squashed them with a milk bottle cap. I still felt bad about it to be honest
>>
I really like bugs but always had the urge to roll pill bugs (rollie-pollies) in glue while they were in a ball for some reason.
>>
>>27481097
fish are probably the cut off point. im basing that on how little guilt I'd feel if I had to kill a fish to survive. I wouldn't feel anything for a fish. but if I had to kill like, a rabbit, then yea I'd feel a bit of guilt for that.
>>
I used to kill carpenter ants as a kid. I'd torture them in all different ways
>throwing them hard against the ground until they could barely move
>cutting their heads off with xacto blades then severing their single nerve (basically the brain to humans) in their backs which would stop the headless body from squirming
>throwing already injured ones into termite infested areas and watch them get fucked up
>suffocate them in bubble soap (this turns them from black to brown, interestingly)
>sticking thumb tacks into their abdomen and leaving them there to die days later
>throwing them into spider webs and watch them get wrapped up
I was pretty autistic and socially awkward as a kid too so my parents probably thought I was a psychopath. Could be worse though, the kid next door used to murder squirrels and skin them. He's probably a serial killer now.
>>
>>27481226
Yeah, makes sense, but that's killing a fish for food. What is the most complex animal you'd kill just because you could?
>>
>>27481262
a rat probably. i don't mind most rodents, I like squirrels and chipmunks, but fuck rats.
>>
>>27481262
not the dude you're replying to but a bird. I wouldn't torture it but I wouldn't feel anything if I shot it out of the air or if it was in my yard. Rats are a close second.
>>
>>27481317
I couldn't kill a bird just for the hell of it. even a crow, they're pretty smart animals and clean up road kill.
>>
>>27480771
If it is real which does seem unlikely the maggots were put there deliberately.
They're used to eat flesh that would otherwise be rotten and a breeding ground for bacteria.
>>
>>27481370
crows are bros, I probably wouldn't shoot a crow unless it was fucking with me. Depends on the size too if it's bigger than a foot I probably wouldn't shoot it.
>>
>>27481262
Probably wouldn't kill anything large enough to make a mess. Blood and guts are fucking disgusting. I think my cutoff point would be a spider, honestly. Anything bigger and I'd puke.
>>
>>27479287

I'm okay with most insects. I usually let them out of the house without hurting them. Fuck those centipede things that live in the windowsill though. And hornets and wasps. I'd be fine with all of them if they just wouldn't come near me.

When I was a little kid one day we tortured a grasshopper with a lighter. I liked grasshoppers though.
>>
>>27479287

At one apartment there was an ant problem. Whenever I saw an ant I'd drop it in a jar of rubbing alcohol and watch it twitch to death.

As a little kid sometimes when I found one of those huge black ants I'd cover it in elmers glue and watch it slowly trudge to death.
>>
>>27481317
I think birds have lots of personality and for such a small animal they all develop individual traits which make them super interesting to watch. They'd be one of the last animals id kill just because I could.

I think squids. Something about the look of them just irritates me. No personality. Just rob shit from their area and give nothing back.

I like how they use reverse osmosis to change the density of their head and therefore their buoyancy. But other than that fuck 'em.

Cuttlefish and octopus confirmed bro tier tho
>>
>>27481857
cuttlefish are pretty much the most based animal in the ocean

octopuses are based too. crazy intelligent little shits too.
>>
>>27481857
excellent taste in cephalopods, my friend
squids are the normies of the ocean
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.