[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>bored of video games >watched countless hours of tv/movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: bored-3092595.jpg (83 KB, 1300x960) Image search: [Google]
bored-3092595.jpg
83 KB, 1300x960
>bored of video games
>watched countless hours of tv/movies and struggle to find anything I really like that I haven't seen before
>4chan and other forums rarely have interesting content
>already watched all the videos from youtube channels I like
>already listened to all the episodes of podcasts I like
>no friends

Who else /bored/ here?

I need something to fill the hours of each day, but I just end up refreshing 4chan and playing video games that aren't even interesting or fun to me anymore. I wish I could make some friends or get a new hobby but my anxiety and depression is pretty bad so its hard to get out of the house.
>>
Programming is fun
>>
start reading books, friend
>>
>>27479037
I'm too dumb to learn programming, I lose focus after 15 minutes
>>
It's a good place to be, OP. Most people have to pry themselves away from addictive media

Cancel your internet service. Or destroy your computer. Do something so you can never come back

Then get a library card, a bicycle, and some weights. Spend your time learning to cook, reading quietly. Ride your bike on the weekends to places you've never been. Work out for fun and to feel good, not to "get swole"

In a few months you'll understand the glorious feeling of being normie.

Join us. In the light. We wanna hang wit u
>>
>>27479037
>>27479090
Make mods for games or edit mods. Gives you a new hobby and augments a hobby you already have, gaming
>>
>>27479084
This. It is hard to give your attention to a book at first but once you do it's very satisfying. Also get some fun hobbies, buy a gun or something.
>>
>>27479015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIlex8KIKyk

It will take a while to get going, and you won't know exactly what they are saying, but it will grow on you, trust me.
>>
>>27479126
>>27479084
I should read more. I was actually planning to buy a gun because I used to go shoot with my dad but I gambled almost all of my spending money away

>>27479105
I'm not going to destroy my computer, I already work out and have for years. I don't really see how riding a bike around is going to lead to anything

>>27479178
Interesting, gonna watch this for a while now
>>
>>27479015
OP do you have a job, or go to school? Or are you currently in counseling?
>>27479105
I think these are great steps, but they don't involve much social contact. I think OP should focus on meeting more people, and he said he has anxiety and depression so if he can't work or go to school because of that he needs help. That's why I asked the above questions.
I feel like the average person does want some level of social contact(not true of everyone ofc) and honestly he's gonna get bored of reading books and the gym if he doesn't get out enough. He needs to see his friends more at least.
Tough road to be on. I have both as well. I might never be at 100% human level. But what got me back to 90% was therapy, medication (only when I definitely really needed it) and making myself try uncomfortable situations. Good luck
>>
>>27479403
I'm in community college, only taking one class currently. There's not really much of a social atmosphere, everyone mostly just takes notes at lecture and then goes home. My last job ended about 3 months ago. I think if I'm able to transfer to a 4 year college it will probably be better for me but I'm not sure if I really want to go because most of the degrees that are "useful" in terms of getting a job are in fields that are really difficult for me.
>>
File: DhjDXkS.jpg (47 KB, 264x400) Image search: [Google]
DhjDXkS.jpg
47 KB, 264x400
take up surfing brah
>>
Play chess or go.
>>
>>27479531
That's unfortunate. At my cc, people weren't very social at all in class but there were a bunch of clubs. Does yours have clubs at all?
What fields are you good at? What fields are "useful" in your mind?
Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but one more: What are your religious views? (I grew up in the UU church. Was openly atheist through high school and still made a lot of great friends.) If you're a more traditional Christian, you have an easier time. But churches are a good way to make friends anyway. Also you can volunteer there and get something for your resume as well as contacts.
>>
File: Rare_true_pepe_b72fdc_5528398.jpg (34 KB, 462x327) Image search: [Google]
Rare_true_pepe_b72fdc_5528398.jpg
34 KB, 462x327
>>27479015
>bored of video games
Play melee, it's the only game I can play alone every day and still have fun. Practicing advanced techniques is very addicting once you know what they are.

Then you go to tournaments, get more addicted, and might make some friends in the process.
>>
>>27479015
I know this feeling.
I've just decided to reread One Piece.
The entire fucking thing.
>>
>>27480117
That's OK cause it's awesome tho
>>
>>27480117
big deal I read it like 4 times at different points
>>
>>27479831
>That's unfortunate. At my cc, people weren't very social at all in class but there were a bunch of clubs. Does yours have clubs at all?
Not sure, I've never heard of any but there could be

>What fields are you good at? What fields are "useful" in your mind?

Generally I'm good in liberal arts fields, I'm interested in philosophy, art history, and film. If I were to get a degree it would probably be in philosophy because I have the most units and highest grades in those courses, but it seems pretty useless in the job market, unless I was interested in becoming a teacher, which I'm not.

When I say useful I mean in terms of a degree directly translating into a career, so I think of business and STEM majors. All of these fields involve math which is very difficult for me because I am diagnosed ADHD and test in the bottom 20% of the population in working memory, so I sometimes struggle with even basic math.

>What are your religious views?
Atheist, neither of my parents were religious so I've never been.
>>
My time killers/boredom solvers

Watch:
Black Sail
Man in the high castle
Daredevil/flash
Walking dead
Game of thrones
Sopranos
Always sunny in Philadelphia
Scrubs
Empire
Dr. Who
Battlestar Galactica
EurekA

Anime:
Literally anything. Just go down a list on some top site.
All shounen anime that has been made.

Games:
Sims 4
Minecraft: feed the beast mod pack
Any mmo
League
Terraria/starbound/stardew valley
Animal crossing
Pokemon
Disgaea
Starmade
Binding of Isaac

Social:
Join a forum and become way too active.
Omegle constantly
Shit dating sites
Make a pen pal
Chat up gamestop employees and small diner employees during non rush hours
Become a wagie

Nonsocial:
Go for a walk down the street.
Find some neat woods.
Find a 'spot' or area of interest and hide things there
Pickup random items on the road and make a collage
Grow a plant
Start a bonfire and have a beer
Smoke a joint alone and just think
Count stars
>>
I used to be the exact same way- still am, really- but I found a new hobby in roleplaying. I started about 4 months ago and it's changed my life. All I do is write for like 10-15 hours a day now. Don't wanna sleep, don't wanna eat, just wanna RP all the time. It's a low-investment hobby that costs literally nothing and doesn't take a bunch of time or bullshit to set up, although you do need to search for a quality partner.
>>
>>27480469
Top tier post

Top tier blox
>>
>>27480156
I feel like you should be able to get accommodations for your ADHD at least, probably also your memory. That might help you with the math, cause I agree a humanities degree without a concrete plan in mind is a bad idea.

Try a UU church if there's one near you! You might like it.
>>
>>27480553
Thanks, I think.

When you have no other alternative to solving boredom with these things, just keep looking around and find something else to get that small satisfaction.

Not saying any of these things are good. Great. Or whatever. Just long arduous time killers.

Reading all of Homestuck took a month or two out of my life, so add that to the list. It was okay. Would read again if I had time I guess.

Reading old books and old novels from whatever goodwill, Bargain bin, garage sale you can find is cheap entertainment. Even if the book is not so great. 25c for a paperback you know....
>>
>>27480817
Sometimes it's better if the book is awful. Just buy the romance novels from the grocery store, they're hilarious. but this guy has good advice in general
>>
>>27480799
There's not really a lot I can do about the memory/ADHD, I'm allowed to get extra time on tests but that doesn't really help me much, and I've tried a few different meds but none of them helped very much. I think I might go to trade school, I'm not really crazy about it but it might be my only path to a job that pays more than $14 an hour
>>
>>27480901
Huh, sorry to hear it. Do you think you might have an additional math-related learning disability? If you do well in other subjects but suck at math it's a possibility.

Trade school is always a good backup plan. What would you pursue?
>>
i'm going to start making films
>>
>>27481021
It's possible, but I've been through a decent amount of tests and never been told I have a math-related disability. I don't know much about trades, so I really don't know what I would choose, my parents are pretty set on me going to college and neither of them know anything about trade school so I haven't put a lot of work towards the idea. One thing I should mention is my parents have money to pay for school, so I wouldn't have to worry about loan debt if I got a degree.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.