[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To live is to suffer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: Pepe Buddha.png (605 KB, 754x960) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Buddha.png
605 KB, 754x960
What the fuck is it that makes life hurt so damn much? I've spent nearly half a year as a NEET, free from the distractions and responsibilities of modern life, searching for where this pain stems from and have discovered absolutely nothing. I'm at a loss and don't know where to go from here. I don't even have anyone to ask. Normies are uncomfortable talking about this and prefer to remain in their bubbles of ignorance, content to live out their fleeting lives with short-lived hedonistic pleasures. I really don't blame them for that, but every pleasure is merely a distraction from the inherit pain of being alive. I've been disillusioned with this world and such distractions no longer faze me. My focus is on the pain and I can't turn away.
>>
What I believe makes life hurt so much is knowing that the unknown is inevitable, knowing that no matter what there is no way you can possibly know what is actually the truth. Nobody can possibly know what happens after you die. Personally I find understanding that everybody is in this same situation and has most likely come to the same conclusion as I have comforting. Helping others with their problems mentally and how they're feeling is the only wholesome joy I can feel now. I'm not sad about it though, because it's the best joy I have ever felt. Don't live for yourself, live for others. Focus on them, and you will grow to care less about the pain that you are feeling because you are lessening the pain that they are feeling.
>>
>>27477213
https://arcaneknowledgeofthedeep.wordpress.com
>>
File: 53.jpg (26 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
26 KB, 500x667
The universe is indifferent to your happiness and suffering. Your only hope is to chain yourself to the absurd and create art and understanding in its image.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 588x734) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 588x734
Oh Anon, life may be but suffering, but it is your duty to face up to it, embrace it, because suffering is the only way to truly learn or better yourself. Take the Iron Pill anon.
>>
Tbh senpai I think our purpose in life is to work. But hear me out, we need to face problems in life, to find solutions. Our minds are very good at being creative. So I think that to give life meaning we have to work, improve our conditions. Also we need to work our bodies, that means excercice. If you tell me you hated your wageslave life maybe it wasnt your passion. Ask yourself what would you wake up to do every day ideally? What kind of job wouldnt want to make you killyourself but rather to look forward to it? I for example learned to love to learn.
>>
>>27478648
Sempai? Wtf I wrote senpai. Is this a word filter? Sempai is a Cancer word to me desu
>>
File: 1453051722141.png (191 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
1453051722141.png
191 KB, 500x288
>>27477213
What's wrong with hedonistic pleasures ?
I plan on doing as much drugs, food, girls as I can and when I get bored with it as I always do with everything I'll kill myself I guess.

I've tried to help people because it was the only "purpose" I had.
But as you reflect about things, you'll realize that people can't be helped, they live in a totally different world their brain is literally crippled because of the lies of society, media, and culture.
In the end it's not like I'm better than them or anything. My brain got fucked up like everybody. But it's just a matter of being aware of it, as long as they don't realize why things are that way you can live your whole life helping them and it will be worthless.
>>
>>27478681
What the hell? F A M
Tbh family senpai senpai
Fuck whats this?
>>
>>27478648
>our purpose in life is to work
fucking hell our system completely neutered you.
Whatever keeps you going mate I hope you keep thinking that when you are on your deathbed or something
>>
>>27478385
I'm not worried about death in the slightest. Whether it's a void, heaven/hell, reincarnation cycle, I can't change it, so I'm not worried about it. Living is what's painful.
Even altruism is simply covering up your pain. You're simply taking gratification in the form of others' pleasure. Definitely better than simply living to serve your own petty desires, but still not a real solution.
>>27478449
Anything specific I should read from there?
>>27478545
I know the world is indifferent to my existence. That's not my problem.
>>27478618
That's what people have been doing since the dawn of man. Certainly doesn't seem to make any real difference.
>>27478648
I exercise every day. Yeah, wageslaving was shit. I doubt there's any job that I wouldn't be miserable at. I really hated the forced cyclic hours, and having to drug myself with both stimulants and depressants to keep myself on other people's schedules, much more than the work itself.
>>27478681
>>27478712
It's an old wordfilter, been around for quite some time now.
>>27478708
Hedonistic pleasures aren't necessarily "wrong", but they're not for me. They get boring really fast, accomplish nothing, usually cause some sort of inconvenience in life, and are merely a distraction that actually tend to make the pain worse in the long run. I'm looking for peace, not fun.
>>
>>27478997
>I'm looking for peace, not fun
But by definition you can't really find peace anyway.
Our lives ( as in today society ) is just a cycle of problems and spending time to resolve those problems.
You'll always have something to worry about.
Thats why going full hedonistic is the way to go imo. You don't give a shit and when life is unbearable just kill yourself.
>>
File: Spirituality.png (459 KB, 625x556) Image search: [Google]
Spirituality.png
459 KB, 625x556
Don't you know the ever-present and inescapable truths that make up reality are only a few thousand hours of chanting, postures, and psychological garbage away?
>>
>>27477213
I used to come up with buttloads of insane theories and then pretend they were true
Would cycle through one every month or so
But really, I don't know at all

I think it's the stillness and the emptiness. We have no control, we're at the whims of our robotic meaty bodies.

We're not ourselves, we're plopped in a world where we can't be ourselves. Instead we're what the world makes us. And it's all a bunch of chaotic disagreements, forces overriding each other for what seems like no reason. And we're just sitting here, along for the ride, hardly participating.

There are so many fucking unknowns. Life is too complex to just be one of those things you can write off.
>>
>>27478708
>fantastic planet
spooky movie
>>
>>27479215
That's why I removed myself from society from these past few months. I haven't had any problems at all and yet the pain remains. I'm not worried about anything other than the pain itself. I have a place to sleep, food to eat, access to downright insane levels of technology/information/communication, have virtually no responsibilities, and still have a small stockpile of savings so I don't even have to worry about being forced back into society any time soon. I'm one of the luckiest people who has ever lived on Earth and yet it brings me no satisfaction.
>>27479245
I meditate a lot, but I don't expect any sort of enlightenment. It just takes the pain away for the moment so I have a chance to actually think.
>>27479350
To be honest, I kind of like the fact that the lack of control and all the chaos exists. I just don't like being part of it. I would enjoy some sort of observation mode for life. Hopefully God implements that in the next software update.
>>
>>27479658
True. With control comes a fuckton of responsibility.
>>
>>27479658
That's why you need to take drugs or something.
Because if you are aware of all that shit and just do nothing it will literally consume you.
Just focus on getting pleasure without worrying about all the rest
>>
>>27479658
>I live in isolation
>I'm a neet
>why is life so painful
>>
>>27479883
I've done plenty of drugs and I did enjoy myself for small spurts of time, but it's just not my thing. The novelty wears off each type of drug and you keep looking for different/new highs and lows to experience. I'm honestly just downright bored with it.
>>27479915
It was much worse when I had to go to school/work. I used to think of killing myself every moment of every day and ways to do it with objects that were currently around me, even when I got some down time. I don't feel like killing myself at all anymore, so I'd definitely say the NEET life is the right life.
>>
>>27480003
Do you think your pain could be linked to loneliness ?
>>
>>27480227
I doubt it. I live with family, so there's always people around.
>>
>>27480317
But like don't you want someone to talk to ?
Someone who understand you not a family member
>>
>>27480434
My family understands me well enough. I've had a couple friends over the years, but I always end up cutting contact with them because I get annoyed by people very easily. I do have one really close friend that I've known since elementary school and even we take breaks from each other.
>>
File: 1450068090860.png (824 KB, 507x1006) Image search: [Google]
1450068090860.png
824 KB, 507x1006
>>27477213
living is
>40% Pain
>27% work
>3% Contentful / Peaceful
>5% Sleep
>9% happiness
>1% Wonder / Euphoria
People try to alter these stats with Drugs, Love interests, Hobbies, etc. But in the end living is still inharantly painful.
>>
File: 1447443596397.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1447443596397.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>27480529
>pulling random stats out of your ass
>that picture
>>
File: fab.png (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
fab.png
22 KB, 640x480
I know your feels OP. I just want to be a gondola and be left with my solitude and hobbies and dank memes for the rest of my foreseable future.

This is coming from a 26 year old guy with a good job but sparse luck with girls. I find solace in the fact that I rose above myself a few times in the past and have at least tasted normalfaggotry
>>
>>27479658
I did that too. I finally found peace. My problem is not pain as with you, it is just existing.
I just want to stop existing at all. I am afraid that everything can turn into hell every moment, I could end in a wheelchair, get diabetes, lose my eyesight, etc.
That's why I just want it all to end, so I can finally forget about everything and stop existing completely.
Other than that, everything is fine and if I was 100% sure that nothing is gonna go wrong, I wouldn't have an issue with keeping on living until I die from a normal death.
>>
File: 1449955126932.jpg (78 KB, 1068x600) Image search: [Google]
1449955126932.jpg
78 KB, 1068x600
>>27480586
>actually assuming the stats are accurate
>using dated reddit meme
>being this much of a faggot in general
>>
>>27480883
jello reddit
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.