[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Objectively the worst wageslavery jobs >front end retail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: 2750299656_2971f8e6a0_b.jpg (354 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
2750299656_2971f8e6a0_b.jpg
354 KB, 1024x683
Objectively the worst wageslavery jobs

>front end retail
>customer service
>fast food kitchen
>restaurant kitchen
>package handler/UPS etc
>any job that involves a lot of young women

Ignore these jobs unless you REALLY want to be miserable everyday. Find a job with technology if you know it well. Just don't do any jobs that involve dealing with people. It's shit and unless you are a person who thrives on causing and interfering with high school tier shit just stay away.
>>
>front end retail
>fast food kitchen
>any job that involves a lot of young women

My job is a mix of all three and I can confirm. The only redeeming thing is the fact that I'm part time and get a lot of time off.
>>
>>27474499
Food delivery driver is an honorable mention. You will want to kill yourself.
>>
Retail is nowhere near as bad as those other jobs.

Also add call center and warehouse selector.
>>
Fast food kitchen was pretty dope as a 15 year old. Easy money and hanging out with my friends being stupid, smoking weed and shit behind the dumpster.

There was a 30ish dude who worked there too though, he seemed fucking soulless. Nice guy to all of us, never told us to cut out our shenanigans but you could tell he was dead inside. I can't imagine being a grown man in a job like that
>>
>>27474636
>but you could tell he was dead inside

Please go into more detail.
>>
File: dog-1126025_960_720.jpg (103 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
dog-1126025_960_720.jpg
103 KB, 960x640
>>27474556
I've worked all the jobs I posted in OP and the only people who can put up with the shit that comes with these jobs are people with absolutely no ambition (besides a rapper) or creativity. They don't have the intelligence to find a better way for life so they stick with those shit jobs usually the rest of their life.

I still couldn't work part time at jobs I hated for too long. Even 4 hour shifts were terrible. Just walking into the doors made me miserable and angry.

>>27474603
Front end retail doesn't include all retail. Some retail is great if you can stay away from people and work with men. Don't work with young women ever, they are so fucking immature, childish, and catty.

>>27474636
once a degenerate always a degenerate
>>
>>27474702
>tfw worked at retail job for 8 years
>now at breaking point. There's this one manager who I just want to Smash his ugly face in since he keeps threatening to fire me/coerce me to quit my job
>keep getting into trouble over speaking up infront of customers and treating managers as equals. Literally just asking them straight questions makes them angry and they argue it makes them look bad infont of customers
>had a mental breakdown infront of everyone and had a verbal warning. (Other factors on my life tipped me over the edge. My dad's in hospital for the third time these last two months with kidney problems after doctors botched his extraction surgery, and he's been tol d he's likely to not be medically fit to fly in May when we all planned to go on holiday. This, compounded with the perpetual boredom and my long history of self-loathing have made me increasingly unstable)
>all they could say is to tell me to go see a doctor over my long-term depression which I already know won't do shit since I've already had therapy in the past and it doesn't work, and meds have side effects that are worse than illness.
>starting to hate people and losing sense of humanity. Go to work as a sad-looking husk. Get people constantly commenting on how miserable I am. Most customers have become living stereotypes to me. The generic old woman that's awkward and won't leave until you fake a smile. The man that's overly friendly and shakes and is poorly covering his alcohol addiction. The old paki corpse that interacts through a child interpreter. The child that asks a dumb question. That polish woman who scrounges all the reductions.
>can't afford to quit. Especially if my Dad gets any worse
>just wished I never existed at all. Because all I am is a failure. A failure with an ironic degree in Management who can't even manage to escape this hell.
>tfw I have to wake up in a few hours for another long shift, trying to avoid speaking, and trying keep my head low.
>>
File: sad-dog.jpg (206 KB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
sad-dog.jpg
206 KB, 425x319
>>27475173
>>all they could say is to tell me to go see a doctor over my long-term depression which I already know won't do shit since I've already had therapy in the past and it doesn't work, and meds have side effects that are worse than illness.
I would've snapped after this and beat the managers' faces in, no questions asked. Fuck a charge. I'm on edge too and I have anger issues. So much piled up, it eventually has to come down and I'm worried that I could beat a man to death if he provoked me the wrong way, especially somebody at work. I understand what you're going through but not many people do, it's surprising. A man can only take so much. I've began to hate customers too. Man it's so unbelievable. When I tell coworkers I like how I feel, they are sympathetic but don't work enough hours to actually experience what I feel. It's a never ending battle with this shit. I honestly believe it's the customers' fault. They are all so fucking bad. I hate them all on a deep level.

I honestly don't know a fix for either of our situations but I just keep maneuvering through backup jobs until I find something tolerable enough to quit my full time job at a grocery cart. I don't do drugs or drink so I have no way to repress this misery so I deal with the thoughts everyday and use my only off day, Tuesday, to try to relax and rest. But one day is not enough.
>>
I fold boxes and tape them together, does that count? I do it in the same sport for 8 hours a day, one 20 minute break.
>>
>>27475471
it depends. Do you see other people slacking off? or do they work as hard as you do?
>>
I'm a corrections officer in Europe.

Under paid, society forgets we even exist, high danger, low respect .

Getting abuse all day, fighting all day.

Dealing with the scum of the earth.
>>
>>27475491
I'm the only one, everybody else packages products and puts them in my boxes. I can't tell if they are fast or slow, but I have trouble keeping up.
>>
>warehouse work
>most factory work
>fast food
>anything you don't enjoy but do to get by
>>
File: 2015-04-01-115243.jpg (86 KB, 700x397) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-01-115243.jpg
86 KB, 700x397
>>27474702

I worked retail for 6 years with mostly women and it wasn't that bad. Everybody I worked with as cool, even the young women.
>>
>>27474499
>fast food kitchen

working the front of a fast food kitchen, like being at the cash or drive-through, is the worst.

Bonus points if you work at a place like Subway where you have to deal with a customer from start to finish.

My dream wageslave job would be janitor.

>>package handler/UPS etc

Funny my sister tried to get me into there.
>>
>>27475448
Customers do such stupid/lazy things its hard not to trigger over time.
Stuff like leaving baskets lying around, leaving cards in the machine, leaving shopping behind that's in the fucking open, leaving garbage/used tissues with blood on them on the till, telling you they don't want a hanger or asking for a bag 30 seconds after you hand it to them and they just stand there all spaced out, asking about offers you'd likely have no clue about, asking you to check a receipt, refund after they paid and you can't do shit. Giving you 100 vouchers, giving you a bag/jar of loose change. Just stupid, awkward shit you have to literally fucking baby them through or else they throw a shitfit and go complain.

I actually DO part time care work for my autistic younger brother, and I say with no sense of doubt that despite his disability he is much smarter and capable than many of the customers I serve on a day-to-day basis.
>>
>>27475572
I found the youngest women were shite workers and super lazy with mostly shitty attitudes to actually doing any real work when I was in retail
>>
>>27474499
>young women?

Fuck no, middle aged women are 40x worse than young women. They are more pushyn cheap, and entitled.
>>
>>27475603
All women workers on the ground level bitch about each other, gossip, be nosy, and generally slack off.
They get away with it though because they can plaster on a happy face instantly.
>>
>>27475515
You aren't as cute as you think if you are posting on 4chan.

>>27475637
Older women know how to do their jobs and do more work. Younger women are the worst workers, no ifs or buts.
>>
>>27474499
>restaurant kitchen

You'll be miserable if you're a spineless little bitch.
I started working in a kitchen six months ago, and literally nothing has made me more confident, improved my social skills and social standings. I have tons of money, a valuable work ethic, I've had discipline ingrained in me, and I'm learning a valuable life skill.

This is only the first six months.
If you want to improve your life, find a job as a dishwasher and work your way up. It will happen. The sense of comradery and teamwork is replaceable.
>>
>>27475747
I meant to say irreplaceable, oops.
>>
>>27474499
Those aren't that bad. Customer service is the only one that's really bad.

I spent six months as a landscaper and all they let me do was use the weed wacker. I had to walk everywhere with that heavy thing and I had to get up before dawn every day. I worked with mexicans and felons.
>>
>work in a small factory on an enourmos industrial estate
>had to wear two jumpers and bring a hotwater bottle to work

My joints started aching because I was sitting still in the cold all day
>>
>>27475471
That sounds horrible. I hope you at least make good money.
>>
>>27475803
It's minimum wage...
>>
>>27475637
>>27475692

Not him, but as far as customers go, middle aged women are a tornado of broken AIDS needles everytime that they walk in with their "MAY I SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR" attitude.
>>
>>27475829
I hope you use that 20 minute break to send out resumes then. I know a guy who makes $11 for just sitting in a booth in a parking garage to make sure no shady shit is going on in there. He doesn't even have to take tickets.

There are so many better jobs out there.
>>
>>27475844
>>27475692
>>27475637

but as far as co-workers go, anyone who's younger than 20 is usually a fucking tosser regardless of their gender. I'm actually really happy I got fired from my last job where almost everyone was underage.
>>
>>27475747
must be nice getting your first job bro
>>
>>27475949
I'm not good enough to do them. I keep fucking this job up and I hate myself. I only got this job through a temp agency.
>>
>>27475601
You are required to sort through that change bud, its the law. No matter how annoying it might be, someone can hand you a jar of 10000 pennies for that $10.00 shirt on clearance, and you will have to count that out.

Pretty neat huh. Since the penny is an active currency, everywhere accepts it (in the United States), which means cashiers have to take that form of payment, whether it be copious amounts of it, or not.
>>
>>27475506
My father was a corrections officer for 26 years and just let me say that YOU and your coworkers are the worst guys in the building. Prison is hell and you're the evil fuckin demon keeping all the poor souls from escaping.
>>
Reading this makes me sad. Here we are at the pinnacle of human civilization, and then we got this.

I am so goddamn grateful for everything I have been given in life.
>>
>went to first day of work today
>at a tech company
>80% of men are indian
>95% of people are men
>100% of women are indian
>everyone older than me
kill me now
>>
File: 1451979740054.jpg (10 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1451979740054.jpg
10 KB, 300x186
USPS driver seems comfy tho. Depending on where you live. Drive around with a bunch of boxes and an open door.
>>
Going into any of these jobs while neglecting trade schools grants me zero sympathy for these people. That said, I will never give them any grief because I know how horrible the human race is.

Please for the love of god study a trade instead of doing mindless labor, I beg of you.
>>
>>27476229
ooh baby let me tell you about private business and how i can refuse service to literally A N Y O N E i want especially you

if you don't like it you're welcome to fuck off and die and never come back
>>
>>27476514
>trade school meme
Yeah working a shitty job 40 hours is week is better than working a physically demanding job 60 hours a week. At that point no amount of money will make me happy.
>>
>>27476465
Let me tell you about my coworker Dan the Mailman. He's been working for USPS for 17 years and coming up on retirement. I don't do that shit of course, I know him through his SECOND job that he needs because the pay is so shit. In the winter he drives his ice cold tin box, in the summer it's an oven. The entire underside of one of his forearms is one big raw callus because of all the reaching through the window. He frequently experiences back pain from lifting too many heavy packages. In october thru january he takes time off and works 60 hour weeks there to make sure everyone's amazon packages they ordered for christmas in our small town make it to their destination in a timely manner. Temp workers are usually hired for this period, worked like dogs for minwage then promptly fired.
>>
>>27474499
When I was a wagecuck rather than a self employed freelancer my favorite job was working for the city as a summer seasonal. Basically we drove trucks around the city and weedwhacked detention pond greenery and roadsides. I'd spend all fucking day running a weedwhacker and destroying shit, it was great. Once they had us dig a retention vault out of what must have been 15 feet of blackberry bushes using weedwhackers with blade attachments. All of my coworkers were whining and bitching while I was ripping into the thing, thorns and woody fragments flying into me. I was bleeding in a dozen places by the end of the day and covered in splattered berries but it was a great time. The pain makes you feel alive.
>>
>>27476526
>r. There is, however, no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person or an organization must accept currency or coins as for payment for goods and/or services.

Private business wise, yes, fuck my shit up senpai. But we are on fucking r9k, like you seriously own a private business.
>>
>>27476514
>Please for the love of god study a trade instead of doing mindless labor, I beg of you.

Finding an apprenticeship is really hard if you're socially retarded

Really the education thing is a lie. Or rather it comes with a prerequisite no one tells you about -- you have to be a normie first. You gotta be good at people, it doesn't matter if you're good at a trade or theoretical stuff like medicine and compsci etc.

Being attractive and personable is way more important than anything else
>>
>>27476694
i'm the guy running the register, it's my house. my manager knows very well how many worthless humans i deal with and generally gives me free reign to tell them to fuck off.

so no, i'm not going to sell this to you, leave now or i'm calling the police.
>>
>>27476573
It's literally better by your standards. Besides, it's not like there aren't easy trades. I wouldn't call it shitty by any means, especially compared to the shit you deal with in retail or fast food.

>>27476696
You simply go to tech school, no apprenticeship required. Most jobs require you to have a modicum of social skills to do them, but I'm a robot and I do my job just fine by putting on a mask for the normies. It's really not that hard to deal with them when you're doing a service they specifically request.

Trust me, if you can't fix what your client asks you to no amount of good looks or social skills are going to help your ass. Building and repairing are very straightforward: either you can do it or you can't.
>>
>>27476905
More importantly this shit requires MONEY that you won't have if you're making minimum wage. Unless you have mommy to give it to you. Completely the same thing as college desu.
>>
>>27475515
please shoot yourself miserable fucking roastie

there, you got me to respond. now go back to tumblr or Reddit or whatever space normie females occupy these days
>>
>>27476945
Take out loans. Tech schools cost barely anything compared to university, or even community college.
>>
>>27476974
>Take out loans.
How? Walk into a bank and say "I'm unemployed give me $2000!?"
>>
>>27475173
>>27475448
I love you guys (no homo of course) I understand what you're going through. while I'm not in the same situation I understand your feelings on people in general. this is what this board is about. no normies wanting to be robots, no roasties trying to be bots (when we all know women can't be bots), but real, live machines with skin covering them.
>>
>>27475515
>no creative thumbnail filename
droppd
>>
Anyone who drives for a living
Janitors
>>
>>27474499
>Macy's dress department
>Taco Bell kitchen
>Best Buy security aka door greeter

JUST...
>>
>>27476694
>browsing a reddit board and owning a private business are mutually exclusive
news to me
>>
File: 1375834494330.jpg (37 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
1375834494330.jpg
37 KB, 242x208
>>27474603
>call center
Literally hell. I imagine Hell is just a giant call center for assigning the people stuck in limbo, for eternity, with no breaks and a small cramped little desk and the most uncomfortable chair known to sentient life.
On top of that the management was so goddamn catty and self serving, advancing anywhere was nearly impossible.

Also people are incredibly fucking draining, especially for shit like fedex. Want to hate life, just work for them and you will see just how fast your patience and care can drain.
Then you get those genuinely nice ones every one in a while who apologize every other minute for 'being too much trouble' when they're probably the most pleasant customers to get.
It makes you really want to help them instead of passing them along like you're supposed to do.
>>
>>27478023
oh god. my brother worked a call center. he was so proud of his job.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.