[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>interviewed at my dream job last week >everything went
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: interview-attire-for-men1.jpg (7 KB, 250x270) Image search: [Google]
interview-attire-for-men1.jpg
7 KB, 250x270
>interviewed at my dream job last week
>everything went preddy ok
>they say "we'll get back to you in a day or two"
>it's been 6 days since then including weekends

Why do they do this. Don't they know I'm suffering?
>>
>>27473974
Is it possible that their work was closed for Good Friday, Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and the Monday Bank Holiday?
>>
I don't want to upset you anon but there's a good chance that you didn't get the job and the interviewer was letting you down easy because they liked you as a person but you were illfitted for the job role. (Assuming the job role actually existed in the first place and wasn't just a mock-up put there so that they could hire a friend/family member of someone senior to work there. It happens all the time.)
>>
jobs are for cucks. good job making some jew rich.
>>
File: 1458685767753.jpg (40 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1458685767753.jpg
40 KB, 479x720
What are your hobbies anon?

>vidya, anime and masturbation
>>
Did you do any follow up communication? That usually seals the deal.
>>
>>27473974
Here is what you do OP

>call
>tell them you wanted to thank them for the interview, and remind them they told you that they would get back to you
>ask them if they are still considering you for the job
>this is subtle enough not to be seen as desperate, direct enough to get your question answered.
>>
>>27474094

Oh yeah, and normies have waaayyy better hobbies amirite?

>Be Norman
>My hobbies are Netflix, alcohol, and sex
>>
Are you me?

Same kinda deal, talked to manager at dream job, said id be a good fit, told come in next day to meet owner (6 days ago today) and was told id be contacted about being put on the schedule for training.

I don't know if I should call the manager and ask for an update (he gave me his cell phone number) or wait a few more days.

It sounded so promising. What should I do?
>>
>>27473974
i too interviewed at a job in my dream industry: advertising. they said i did well on the test and asked me for my references. they haven't got back to me since then and that was last tuesday!

im freaking out.
>>
>>27474175
Call, you cuck
>>
>>27474175
>told come in next day to meet owner

You should have done that. You literally didnt follow directions the first time they were given.
>>
>>27474180
are you trying to be Don Draper?
>>
>>27474392
Not that guy but I hate people like you.

>go for a jog
>some faggot like you screams RUN FORREST, RUN from his car

>wear glasses
>hey erkel!
>>
>>27474248
But I might come off as annoying and needy

>>27474369
Perhaps I didnt specify. I did come in to meet the owner, as I was told too before the manager "pulls the trigger" on hiring me. The owner also said they would call after looking at scheduling and training me at their main location.

Ive been anxious as fuck waiting by the phone.
>>
>>27474180
You should have made up your references
Hint: You can lie and say you worked at businesses that are now closed down
What's the worst that could happen, they don't hire you?
Suddenly this employee hiring manager cares so much about this one specific employee that he will not only take time out of his busy day and now HAS to know if he is lying so he calls up as many people as he can find who used to work there just to see if he can get any information about you?

There's no secret business coalition, they aren't actively trading secrets about the thousands of people who work and apply to places within a specific area
Sometimes if can even get hired by the same company if you go in to interview with a different person who rejected you the first time
>>
>>27474580
i dont have to make them up! i have 4 great references. i was a TA and RA at university while getting my math degree.
>>
If you haven't heard an update in one earth week (5 business days) then give them a call. Ask something like "Do you know when I might hear more?" which indicates your interest but is not pushy and leaves them open to either tell you right then or at least give an estimate of another day, another week
>>
>>27474660
What if they are open 7 days a week?

And call them ON the 5th day or the day after the 5th day?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.