[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
eye contact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
>grill in school presented her speech today

>during, she was looking at me the entire time

>if I looked at the board or floor instead of her, she would move her eye contact elsewhere around the room

>but whenever I looked back at her she'd start staring at me again as she spoke

Does this mean she thinks I'm cute or she thinks I'm ugly and was most comfortable looking at someone she doesn't give a shit about?

She also smiled and said 'good job anon' after I gave mine. She knows my name, I don't know hers.
>>
She likey you
Give her a smile
>>
Why is eye-contact so excruciating?
>>
>>27473821
Ask her out, what have you got to lose?
>>
She wants that robot D.
>>
she probably used you as an anchor

some people like to do public speaking by focusing on one or a couple of people in key parts of the room and moving eye contact between them.

the problem with this is that if you start to think "i'm making eye contact with this person" then when they move their eyes, you lock onto where they move instinctively (which was happening to you i guess)

it really just sounds like a public speaking strategy and she was probably nervous about doing poorly on that part
>>
>>27473821
seriously anon, she likes you
>>
>>27473946
Because autism

It sucks that eye contact is the norm
>>
>>27473821
OP here, I should add that her presentation was on the recent spree of school shootings in the US. Particularly under obamas administration.
>>
>>27473821
she is interested in you.Maybe as a love potential or simply as a friend.You should engage in more conversations with her and find out.
>>
its a pretty common public speaking trick. stare at the ugliest person in the room so no matter how nervous you are, at least you're not that ugly person
>>
File: 1390604855245.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1390604855245.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>27473821
Maybe, just maybe she has(?) stagefright.
I mean maybe looking at you calms her down because you probably fucked up very bad and knowing someone else whos far more worse (socially) than her, still attends school is like a cool down.
Just thinking, no offence.
>>
>>27474198
>recent spree of school shootings in the US
>she was looking at me the entire time

nevermind lmao
>>
>>27474238
sorry for my bad english, I'm not a native speaker.
>>
>>27474098
This, whenever I do public speaking I always pick out the ugliest / most beta person in the room to hold eye contact with to make me less nervous.

Although the "good job anon" might suggest something else. I would keep it in the back of your mind but not get your hopes up too much
>>
>>27474171
I heard in Asia and parts of Europe it's considered rude to make eye-contact. Hmm, if only that was the case here. Everyone thinks I'm bat-shit cause I never make eye contact when talking to them. Hurts my chances with girls too
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.