[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>women apparently think it's normal to wash their hair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9
File: 1444831931037.png (14 KB, 646x720) Image search: [Google]
1444831931037.png
14 KB, 646x720
>women apparently think it's normal to wash their hair "once every 2-3 days"

Is this why they always smell like shit and have greasy forehead skin? What the fuck is wrong with females? You aren't serious about this, are you?
>>
>>27471676
well anon, at my worst i wash bathing once a month and beta bob still ate me out.
>>
File: 1438073000993.jpg (30 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1438073000993.jpg
30 KB, 368x368
>>27471676
>falling for the shampoo meme
>not being nopoo master race
>>
I bathe 2-3 times a week because it's what dermatologists recommend.
>>
>>27471732
>>27471676

People over use soaps on their bodies and hair. Once every 2-3 days is pretty average for what we should do.

You don't have to shower every day.

Advertizers make us insecure as hell about our bodies and try to sell tons of shit to us.

If you over use them your body will produce more oils to counter act this.

What I do:

>Shower every other day
>brush
>floss
>shave every other day
>deoderant once a day
>>
>>27471676
my hair smells amazing even after 4 days of not washing. It's probably because you are a greasy neckbeard that you need to shower everyday to smell nice.
>>
>>27471676
If they have long hair and wash it everyday it gets super dried out. The ones who can afford to use dry shampoo/conditioner, but it really doesn't need to be cleaned that often unless they're doing heavy physical activity (like fucking chad)
>>
>>27471676
that's not really the norm, and what they mean by that is washing their long-ass hair from top to bottom. They'll still wash their roots/scalp everyday unless they're fembots.
>>
>>27471850
I feel icky if I don't shower when I get dressed. Does this go away?
>>
I'm a guy i wash my hair with shampoo literally once a day. Am i too hygienic ?
>>
>>27471732
>using hair products (non shampoos, i mean styling products)
>i need to wash my hair with shampoo every morning because otherwise it's greasy as fuck, just water doesn't work
>>
If I shower in hot water twice a day will it damage my body
>only use products such as body wash and shampoo in the morning when I have classes
>at night I dont use any soap I just stand there in hot water thinking about the girl who broke not only my heart but a part of me off that I will never get back, instead a void of sorrow and self poty is all tht resides in the location of my mental wound
>>
>>27471732
Here is the secret to "nopoo" without looking like a dirty hippie:
Wash your hair with water, then rub it with a clean microfiber cloth from root to tip while it's damp. Grab clumps of hair and spread them out as you run them through the cloth so you get all of it. Especially be sure to clean it near the roots. As a bonus, it will dry the hair quicker than normal.
>>
Wtf i'm a guy but i wash my hair once a day. Am i too hygienic ? But then again i live in tropical country
>>
I shower every morning just with hot water, for 15-30 minutes. I use shampoo every so often and I use deodorant when I go out because I'm not a filthy stinker. Like some anons said, don't let the joos brainwash you.

>>27472971
it's supposed to be bad but not like it ever caused any trouble whatsoever for anyone
>>
>>27473197
I forgot to mention. What makes your skin and hair greasy, your odor stinky and your cum yucky is for the most part due to your shitty diet. read the >>>/fit/ sticky for dietary information
>>
>people who wash every day

lmao

You live in a capitalistic consumer society and yet you trust the directions given to you by the company trying to sell their product

I bet you put more than a pea-sized amount of toothpaste on your brush.
>>
>>27473261
This, body odor is bacteria feasting on your disgusting sweat

If you eat cleanly the bacteria can't grow
>>
>>27473343
>pea-sized amount of toothpaste
>falling for the toothpaste scam
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20657090
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17539713
>>
Fun fact: Flossing separates your teeth and cuts up your gums, giving room for food to get stuck and for infections to get into your gums, to make $$$$$ for dentists when you inevitably go to them to fix your teeth from the damage caused by flossing, then they tell you to keep flossing so you can keep getting charged for the problem they cause
>>
>>27473438
Toothpaste has other uses, it makes a protective coating on your teeth after use

Plaque isn't the only problem your teeth face
>>
>>27472971
i know that feel brah

Btw hot showers are supposed to dry your skin making it more prone to dermatitis and such since a dry skin is not an effective protective barrier as is supposed to be
>>
>>27473378
>implying you can litterally eradicate saprofidical bacteria from your skin

Are you stupid or what
>>
>>27472971
>>27472890
>>27471929
>>27471850
>>27471825
>>27471732

This entire idea that we're showering too often (or that shampoo magically ruins your hair) is just a dumb meme. There are no credible studies or reviews proving that showering, hot or cold, or using cosmetics has anything to do with skin health. It's akin to people who think cracking your knuckles causes arthritis when there is zero evidence for it.

>>27472926
>I'm a guy i wash my hair with shampoo literally once a day. Am i too hygienic ?

No, you're fine. Shower as little or as often as you want, it doesn't make a difference.
>>
The reason Chad can get away with not showering is because his natural man musk makes Staceys wet since his superior genetic pheromones seep through his pores
>>
>not washing your hair daily
>>
>>27474333

>tfw Chad bullies you by rubbing his sweaty hairy armpit in your face and it gives you a boner
>>
>hair is dirty even though I wash it everyday
I don't understand, it looks clean but as soon as I brush and run my comb through it, dirt and dust.
>>
>people don't realize your hair is supposed to be naturally oily and when you use shampoo you're actually stripping your hair of these oils because of sulfates which actually damage your scalp and keep you dependent on shampoo because you keep stripping the protective oils away which is why it looks like shit a few days after you shampoo it

literally all you need is baking soda. this of course may not apply to greasy unhygienic people like you might find around here
>>
>shampoo & condition once a week
>rinse every other day

You are a fool if you don't do this.
>>
Washing your hair every day is damaging to your hair.

A lot of women used to wear scarves to keep dust and dirt out of their hair in between washing, but now that it has become a symbol for religious extremism for some cultures it is now looked down upon.
>>
File: wg.jpg (108 KB, 640x421) Image search: [Google]
wg.jpg
108 KB, 640x421
>he thinks he's supposed to bombard his hair with chemicals daily

what could possibly go wrong i wonder
>>
>there are people here that don't bathe daily
Do you guys not work?
>>
>>27475001
not everyone smells bad after a day :^)
maybe change your diet
>>
>>27471676
I'm a woman, and I always shower on monday, wednesday, and friday. Washing too often, especially with shampoo, is bad for your scalp. Showering is really tedious as well... Besides, I'm a NEET and almost never go out of my house, so I don't get dirty quickly.
>>
>>27474873

Literally everything you said in your autist post is pure bullshit. You have no evidence for any of it.
>>
>>27471676
My misses showers everyday but washed hair every 2-3 days.

Makes her hair dry and straw like is she's does it everyday.

Always smells fine and looks great.
>>
>>27474918
Dust and dirt don't matter for your hair. You would have to drag your head on the ground to get it dirty like that. The reason why hair needs to be washed is the oil and sweat.
>>
>>27474260
You must be retarded, there arent proof cause they dont make studies that damage already flourishing activities, and cracking your bones do reduce the quantity of your cartilage faster than it should (like simply overuse) because of the violent friction between air and bones and cartilage.
>>
File: rtfgyhjkl;'.jpg (30 KB, 626x450) Image search: [Google]
rtfgyhjkl;'.jpg
30 KB, 626x450
>>27475046
shut up, you dumb faggot

https://smartklean.wordpress.com/2011/09/08/top-10-reasons-to-avoid-sodium-lauryl-sulfate/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/174367-dangers-of-sodium-lauryl-sulfate/

http://www.natural-health-information-centre.com/sodium-laureth-sulfate.html

literal seconds in google. kill yourself
>>
>>27475043
>Washing too often, especially with shampoo, is bad for your scalp

No, it isn't.
>>
>>27475084
yes, it is.

you fucking fag
>>
>>27475083

>natural-health-information-centre.com
>livestrong.com
>smartklean.wordpress.com

>peer-reviewed studies and not bullshit crank webshits

Lmfao grow up you dumbfuck weeb

Typical dunning kruger case
>>
>>27475084
Yes, it is.

You are an idiot.
>>
>>27475136
In fact, the more common lather-producing agent is sodium lauryl sulfate, SLES's less-expensive cousin. The molecules are very similar, though.

Sodium lauryl sulfate is a detergent, a crystalline salt of sulfated lauryl alcohol. It's good at general cleaning because it's a surfactant -- a substance that breaks up surface tension, the bonds between molecules in the outer layer of a compound. This is how SLS produces lather. It eases those bonds, allowing two separate entities -- say, shampoo and your hair -- to interact more effectively. Without this loosening of surface bonds, shampoo wouldn't be as good at removing dirt and oil from your hair.

SLS is a common ingredient in all sorts of cleaning products. You'll also find it in toothpastes, mouthwashes and, as noted with horror in the anonymous e-mail, garage-floor cleaners.

The most common reaction at this point is: Really? The stuff in our shampoo is also in garage-floor cleaners? How can that be safe?

again, shut the fuck up you dumb faggot
>>
>>27475078
>You must be retarded, there arent proof cause they dont make studies that damage already flourishing activities, and cracking your bones do reduce the quantity of your cartilage faster than it should (like simply overuse) because of the violent friction between air and bones and cartilage.

>The common claim that cracking one's knuckles causes arthritis appears unsupported. A study published in 2011 examined the hand radiographs of 215 people (aged 50 to 89) and compared the joints of those who regularly cracked their knuckles to those who did not.[7] The study concluded that knuckle-cracking did not cause hand osteoarthritis, no matter how many years or how often a person cracked their knuckles.[7] An earlier study also concluded that there was no increased preponderance of arthritis of the hand of chronic knuckle-crackers; however, habitual knuckle-crackers were more likely to have hand swelling and lowered grip strength.[8] Habitual knuckle-cracking was associated with manual labour, biting of the nails, smoking, and drinking alcohol and was suggested to result in functional hand impairment.[8] This early study has been criticized for not taking into consideration the possibility of confounding factors, such as whether the ability to crack one's knuckles is associated with impaired hand functioning rather than being a cause of it.[9]

>Medical doctor Donald Unger cracked the knuckles of his left hand every day for more than sixty years, but he did not crack the knuckles of his right hand. No arthritis or other ailments formed in either hand, earning him the 2009 Ig Nobel Prize in Medicine, a parody of the Nobel Prize.[10]
>>
>>27475084
It scrubs the natural oils from your skin. If you don't have enough oil your skin dries out and gets flaky.
>>
>>27475121
>>27475152
Dude that was weird !
>>
>>27471676
I have really long hair that goes almost past my chest and it's pretty dry. If I wash it too much, it gets extremely frizzy and it smells okay for a few days anyway.
My forehead isn't greasy though, so I don't know about that. Maybe they wash their face too often? I only wash my face once a day with Dr. Bronner's castile soap that's been diluted because my skin is sensitive.
>>
only thing I wash everyday is pits and asshole
>>
I exercise daily. I can't get away with not washing my hair at the same rate.
>>
>>27475154

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTXeLhzsseE

Here's your waifu you silly fucking geek, enjoy smelling like shit together while your teeth drop out eating a sandwich
>>
>>27475136
seriously you are retarded

Unfortunately, both sodium laureth sulfate and its cousin are also very dangerous, highly irritating chemicals. Far from giving "healthy shining hair" and "beautiful skin", soaps and shampoos containing sodium laureth sulfate can lead to direct damage to the hair follicle, skin damage, permanent eye damage in children and even liver toxicity.

Although sodium laureth sulfate is somewhat less irritating than SLS, it cannot be metabolised by the liver and its effects are therefore much longer-lasting. This not only means it stays in the body tissues for longer, but much more precious energy is used getting rid of it.

A report published in the Journal of The American College of Toxicology in 1983 showed that concentrations of SLS as low as 0.5% could cause irritation and concentrations of 10-30% caused skin corrosion and severe irritation. National Institutes of Health "Household Products Directory" of chemical ingredients lists over 80 products that contain SLS and SLES. Some soaps have concentrations of up to 30%, which the ACT report called "highly irritating and dangerous".

please end yourself as to not infect others with your ignorance
>>
You run it through with water, to remove grease, but you don't shampoo every day.

Everyone knows this.
>>
>>27475185

Yeah, it's almost like you're both retarded faggots who can't resist hitting the post button to share your retard opinions fast enough.
>>
>>27475021
I work outdoors, literally cannot skip a shower or I stink of balls.
>>
File: 1458952709910.jpg (17 KB, 252x288) Image search: [Google]
1458952709910.jpg
17 KB, 252x288
>>27475239
>opinions

>A report published in the Journal of The American College of Toxicology in 1983 showed that concentrations of SLS as low as 0.5% could cause irritation and concentrations of 10-30% caused skin corrosion and severe irritation. National Institutes of Health "Household Products Directory" of chemical ingredients lists over 80 products that contain SLS and SLES. Some soaps have concentrations of up to 30%, which the ACT report called "highly irritating and dangerous".

will you provide a stream to your suicide?
>>
>>27475253

not if you were Chad
>>
>>27475154
>The stuff in our shampoo is also in garage-floor cleaners?
So what?

>>27475215
>implying she isn't a top tier waifu
>>
File: True_nappa.png (338 KB, 580x438) Image search: [Google]
True_nappa.png
338 KB, 580x438
>tfw shaved head master race
Fuck shampoo.
>>
File: you.jpg (26 KB, 493x335) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
26 KB, 493x335
>>27475293
>So what?

this is your fate
>>
>>27475315
That's really alarmist.
>>
File: uryQQYp.jpg (44 KB, 410x308) Image search: [Google]
uryQQYp.jpg
44 KB, 410x308
This thread made me happy I recently spent $22 on some shampoo and conditioner that's paraben free, sodium lauryl free and I think silicone free as well. I'm pretty excited to try it out. Hope it comes in the mail tomorrow.
>>
>>27475341
it's more alarming that you're not bothered at all by the fact that there's chemicals mean't for breaking down the kind of grime that ends up on garage floors being put into your shampoo
>>
>>27475174
>implying reducing the quantity of you cartilage means youll get artritis 100%
>implying artritis hasnt a huge genetic factor in it
>implying you can spot any sign of artritis with RX when you need MRI to check for inflamated tissues between joints (where artritis manifests)
>>
>>27475368
whats it like being a retard that overspends?
>>
>>27475375
The concentration is too low to have much of an effect.
>>
>>27475413
>The concentration is too low to have much of an effect.

that's subjective and dependent on how often you shampoo your hair and how much you use at one time
>>
>>27475315
Shampoo cause MALE PATTERN BALDNESS

i bet youre an american who takes this info on facebook links
>>
>>27475460
hey dumbass

>A report published in the Journal of The American College of Toxicology in 1983 showed that concentrations of SLS as low as 0.5% could cause irritation and concentrations of 10-30% caused skin corrosion and severe irritation. National Institutes of Health "Household Products Directory" of chemical ingredients lists over 80 products that contain SLS and SLES. Some soaps have concentrations of up to 30%, which the ACT report called "highly irritating and dangerous".

does skin corrosion and severe irritation sound like something that could cause male pattern baldness?
>>
>>27475446
Not for the volumes that people normally use.
>>
>>27475407
I got 36 oz of conditioner and 18 oz of shampoo for that price. It's not that bad.
>>
>>27475523
show me some statistics on the volumes people normally use since you want to be a contrarian faggot rather than accept useful info that could help you
>>
>>27475341
>That's really alarmist.

There are hippy retards who think everything from microwaves to plastic bags to tuna cans to soap detergents are why they look, smell or feel like shit

Once these true believer dipshits get paranoiac ideas lodged into their monkey brains, nothing come hell or high water will lodge them out again

The idiot you're talking to is exclusively quoting from some shit-tier crank timecube site that misquotes, misrepresents and conjectures wildly from a single study whose own fucking journal summary stated that "both sodium and ammonium lauryl sulfate appear to be safe in formulations designed for discontinuous, brief use followed by thorough rinsing from the surface of the skin" (they also use limonene in floor cleaners you fucking mongoloid, you know, as in what you eat every time you bite an orange)

Totally pointless even trying to get through to them, it's all bullshit quack thinking
>>
>tfw you can smell your gf's vagina anytime you're within 3 feet of her, even when she's fully clothed
this is not ok. how do i tell her without making her feel bad?
>>
>>27475482
>does skin corrosion and severe irritation sound like something that could cause male pattern baldness?

Lmfao are you fucking retarded? Is that seriously how you think pattern baldness works?

American education system, holy shit
>>
>>27475555
nice quads but

>The American College of Toxicology
>a bunch of hippies

but yeah you're resorting to calling people hippies rather than providing arguments.

>they also use limonene in floor cleaners you fucking mongoloid, you know, as in what you eat every time you bite an orange
you mean orange peels? do you actually eat orange peels?
>>
>>27475581
Male hormones are involved in causing these changes. The level of the main male hormone, testosterone, is normal in men with baldness. Cells in the skin of the scalp convert testosterone into another hormone called dihydrotestosterone. For reasons that are not clear, affected hair follicles become more sensitive to dihydrotestosterone, which causes the hair follicles to shrink. It is also not clear why different hair follicles are affected at different times to make the balding process gradual. It is also not clear why only scalp hairs are affected and not other areas such as the beard or armpits.
>It is also not clear why only scalp hairs are affected and not other areas such as the beard or armpits.

things that make you go hmmmm
>>
>>27475546
Go look for them since you care so much. I use a spoonful of baby shampoo once a week so I have nothing to worry about.

>>27475555
quads of truth This dude sounds like my aunt. "No I can't eat chinese it has chemicals in it!!!!!1!!!!1" Then she scarfs down a store bought cake.

>>27475573
I think you might be sick. Let me take you to the gyno. Then ask to stay in the room while she gets examined.
>>
>>27473858
I drink tea so I do not need extra fluoride.
>>
>>27475674
Go look for them since you care so much.
i don't care, though. if people want to ruin their scalp that's their business

>I use a spoonful of baby shampoo once a week so I have nothing to worry about.
then you're most likely fine as opposed to these others who shampoo daily
>>
>>27471676
I take a shower every 2-4 weeks and have never felt better
I wash my hair every 2-8 weeks (it's short though)
Honestly, I used to bombard my hair with tons of products and styling shit, shampoo etc, my hair always felt heavy and greasy after washing.
But then I stopped altogether, I use shampoo now because it's infrequent, and I use mostly conditioner. My hair does not smell, I do not smell. I just need to make sure to always give a good wash for dandruff. My hair is very soft at least for the first week and then just a tad bit frizzy.
If I wanted my hair to be extremely soft and nice I would blow dry it.

Also if you're fat don't do this. Skinny people only.
>>
>>27475399
You're dumb as fuck, you know that? You're the reason we have anti-vaxxers in the world.
>>
>>27475154
For hair, mechanical cleaning beats chemical cleaning. All you need is a microfiber cloth. Your hair will look and smell as clean as if you'd used shampoo, but you don't need to buy shampoo and you avoid any unknown risks.
>>
File: 599px-Candied_mixed_peel.jpg (46 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
599px-Candied_mixed_peel.jpg
46 KB, 599x600
>>27475626
>do you actually eat orange peels?
Candied orange peel is delicious.
>>
>>27475952
vom-it
vamet/Submit
verb
eject matter from the stomach through the mouth.
"the sickly stench made him want to vomit"
synonyms:be sick, spew, heave, retch, gag, get sick; More
>>
>>27475760
>shower every 2-4 weeks
>don't smell

Pick one and only one.

You do smell but are so used to your own cloud of stink that you don't notice.

Literally end yourself.
>>
>>27475281
Being Chad doesn't change anything faggot
>>
>>27475880
How do you clean your scalp of dandruff with only cloth?
>>
>>27471732
People have been washing their hair with all sorts of weird shit since the dawn of civilization. "Nopoo" is literally regressing to caveman-tier hygienics.
>>
>>27476073
>You do smell but are so used to your own cloud of stink that you don't notice.
I have a job and if I actually was radiating a noticeable stench they would have told me. My job also involves interaction with tons of people. So now, I don't fucking stink.
>>
>>27475952
They all look like kidney stones
>>
>>27476195
Put the cloth over your fingertips and rub your scalp with your fingertips. But this is more for degreasing than anti-dandruff. You are unlikely to get dandruff if you wash with only water.
>>
>>27476208
It is the most high-tech method when done properly, because it requires a microfiber cloth.
>>
>>27476153

yes it does, chads manly musk smells good
>>
>>27476440
I tried to wash with only water for an entire month before and I still got dandruff. For the first weeks, the dandruff was decreasing, but then it started to come back, and become even worse than before, and that's when I started shampooing again.
>>
>>27471676
>shower 2-3 times a day
I will be clean. I will be reborn this time. Concept deliver me.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.