[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright robots. Tell me. What actually stops you from killing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12
Alright robots. Tell me. What actually stops you from killing yourselves? What do you actually live for? Is it really the fear of pain that keeps you from doing it?
>>
>>27469853
How do I stop being 2pussy to do it?
>>
>>27469853
Local laws prevent me from buying a shotgun on my own until I'm 21. I also don't have my own place yet, I'd hate to leave my brains splattered all over my mom's house or my college dorm room. And I can't just drop out of college because then I have to pay back all of my scholarship money, and the bill would get passed on to my mom upon my death.

The plan is:
>turn 21
>graduate
>get an apartment
>get a shotgun
>write a note absolving my immediate family of any guilty feeling they might have about my death
>call 911 and ask that they send a cleanup crew (wouldn't want some poor untrained bastard getting traumatized)
>kill myself
>>
>>27469968
You're very considerate. I like you
>>
>>27469853
memes m8, its memes
>>
Anyone that says

>I'm totally gonna kill myself
>I attempted suicide
>I have nothing to live for and will end it

Is just attention seeking. If you're going to kill yourself you would just do it. Every faggot that claims to be suicidal is just doing it for attention.

Grow up you fucking faggots.
>>
>>27469853
My parents are literally the only reason at this point. I'm not sure they'd be able to handle it.
>>
>>27469853
I'd really like to actually. Knowing how much it would destroy the lives of my parents keep me from doing it. I actually just hope they'll die soon so I can kill myself. Every single day is a living fucking hell, full of torment from every aspect of life. I've considered medication; but that just seems like the ultimate surrender to me. It says that I am not the master of myself. They will write down that I am crazy in my records which will keep me from ever having any important job or responsibility. Worst of all, the medication wont help and I will have just shot myself in the foot
>>
>>27470138
Not true.
I probably would have done it by now if I were a selfish cunt who didn't care about my family's thoughts or feelings.
Also, I've never actually said/typed anything involving my suicidal thoughts EVER. Until now ofc.
>>
>>27470057

He's still killing himself. Whoever he leaves behind won't have their guilt assuaged by a simple note.
>>
>>27469853

>what actually stops you

I live in California and the amount of effort it would take just to acquire a gun is fucking bullshit.

>what do you actually live for

Nothing really. I don't have a purpose to work towards, I'm just sorta here

>Is it really the fear of pain that keeps you from doing it

Pretty much yeah, see my first response about how difficult it is to get a gun in Cali. If I lived in Texas or some other pro-gun state, I'd be dead already.
>>
>>27469968
>absolving my immediate family of any guilty feeling
No anon. That's not how it works. Your family will spend the rest of their lives confused and thinking about what they did wrong
>>
File: Header.png (1 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
Header.png
1 MB, 700x394
>>27469853
>What actually stops you from killing yourselves?
Diamond Is Unbreakable.

Honestly. I don't think I will kill myself until later when more of the older people in my family are dead (they've all got about 10 years left at best) but I am not living for any real reason, just going through the motions daily waiting for everything to end. But as long as DiU is airing I would think twice before doing something which could spell the end for me.

I don't even like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure that much, I don't even think it's in the top 10 manga of all time.
>>
I'm actually killing myself soon, I'm waiting til April 1st because I think it will be funny.
>>
>>27470270
JUST ACQUIRE ONE ILLEGALLY SINCE ITS SO EASY AMIRITE LOL LIBCUX BTFO
>>
why are you all obsessed with shooting yourselves, it's pretty easy to die
>>
>>27470556
Cuz they want to look cool and blend in with the robots. If they felt remotely suicidal like some other people out there, they would do it in any way possible.
>>
>>27469853
Unfortunately my garden isn't filled with hemlock
>>
>>27470675
Hemlock always sounds like something a writer would kill themselves with.
>>
>>27469853
I wanna try ketamine against my depression first.
If that doesn't work I'll really have to think hard about leaving this shithole.
>>
>>27470953

Kratom is legal easier to get and cheaper

Not that I'm recommending deveined maeng da kratom, that would be illegal for me to recommend
>>
Me and my friend have a deal that if we are 40 years old and still single we will settle down with each other. I really like her so I will hold off suicide plans
>>
>>27470953
But ya I saw that vice article too lol
>>
>>27469853
Fear and hope.
>>
>>27471094

Sounds like you like each other but are both to socially awkward to initiate anything, ask her to be your gf before Chad gets his grubby mitts on her
>>
>>27471090
I'm doing kratom for more than two years now and it hasn't done shit against the depression. Opiates/Opioids generally just help me ignoring my problems, not getting over them.
>>27471125
No idea what you're talking about. I don't read that crap.
>>
>>27469853
i don't really want to kill myself
there is a lot of things in life i'd like to do but never will because crippling anxiety prevents me but i do still enjoy playing video games and watching anime
>>
>>27471094
Yikes, that's quite a drop you've set yourself up for anon.
>>
I want to see technology evolve.

Also I still have a few friends I care about
>>
Suicide is for fags
and I am not a fag
>>
>>27471994
You are.
desu desu.
>>
>>27472084
Have I committed suicide?
>>
my work, my pets, and what it would do to my brother who has low-key non-meme autism since I'm his best friend, we have been since we were kids. no matter how fucked up I feel, I couldn't do that to him
>>
File: image.png (50 KB, 675x165) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50 KB, 675x165
>>27469853
I'd never let my parents go through something like that.
>>
>>27472139
You have.
desu desu.
>>
>>27469853
>actually
as in I'm about to sound like an edgy 13 year old boy

I won't get into valhalla. I was raised asatru by very strange parents. They didn't teach it as true but rather just told the stories. I don't believe any of it of course but there's always that nagging thought in the back of my head that says 'what if'.
>>
>>27472249
I haven't so I am not a faggot
Anime cancer fag
>>
>>27472195
>I couldn't do that to him

Don't let your decisions be controlled by another person merely existing.
>>
>>27472284
God, you are really making this thing worse for you.
Wanna suck my hairy balls so you don't talk yourself into any other confessions, apart from your homosexuality?
>>
>>27472340
You are projecting senpai
>>
>>27472368
I'm nothing but a mirror. If anything I'm reflecting.
>>
Honestly because I'm bipolar and another manic phase where I feel like a god is inevitable. Mania feels good man while you experience it despite all of the guilt regret and cringe that follow it.
>>
File: 1457938467444.png (40 KB, 251x305) Image search: [Google]
1457938467444.png
40 KB, 251x305
>>27472229

fuck that song

i cant even hear it without getting teary eyed
>>
Empathy. I got a 12 year old sister that'd be scarred for life. And 2 helicopter parents. I wouldn't do that to her. Or to them.
I considered moving away, like to a different country and just "disappear" there, but that takes money...
>>
>>27470138
This. Anyone who says they are suicidal isn't actually suicidal.
>>
>>27469853
My finances aren't in order, I'm afraid of failure (Once you've attempted no one looks at you the same ever again), and this fucked up soicety decided the endless suffering for one person is okay as long as their family and "friends" don't feel sorry for themselves for a little bit.
>>
>>27469853
My parents and grandparents would be devastated

plus I have some autistic friends who are just as fucked up as me
>>
>>27470675
>>27470911
Its a very painful death, and not guaranteed to be lethal, a good choice for an attention-seeking suicide attempt.
>>
Brain washed by religion at a young age and now I'm afraid of an eternity in hell.
>>
>>27469853
my family, the fact I inherently desire to live, 2pussy and life isnt that bad if you can somewhat blend out your feels

Stop complaining and play more vidya you whiny fags
>>
>>27469853
Self preservation instinct. I would struggle to live, I hope
>>
I'm stable enough on meds now that I don't feel suicidal all the time anymore. It's almost disappointing in a way, because I feel as though this life seems to drag on and on long after I should have expired. I should have just ended it, but here I am yet. Is "mostly OK" really an acceptable standard of living? We'll see.
>>
>>27469968
>I also don't have my own place yet, I'd hate to leave my brains splattered all over my mom's house or my college dorm room.
Why does it have to be in your own current residence?
>>
>>27472837
Kill yourself, newbrolamalam.
Only then you are a man.
>>
>>27469853
i get pleasure out of writing and reading and drinking alcohol alone
>>
>>27473152
Me too, that's the reason I wanna kill myself.
>>
Honestly? It's my family. I feel like they would miss me, some of them at least. I like to think that there is some hope for me, that I will find someone to be the for me and who I can be there for.
I know what I'm asking for is a utopia, I know for a fact that that's my ignorance of what is possible but I have to hope, that's all I have.
>>
im 100% positive my mother would kill herself if i killed myself

that seems unfair to her, but knowing she'd do that is also unfair to me
>>
>>27469853
Although my life is shitty, I like myself for being able to put up with this much bullshit. I dont deserve to suffer pain, when jumping off a building for example, let alone being crippled if something went wrong.
I can stand more of this shitlife, maybe I someday will get a little better.
>>
>>27469853
Because of the hope that one day everything will be better.
>>
>>27469853

The image that after I walk out in the woods and shoot myself no one will find the body for weeks and the wildlife would feast on the carcass. Knowing within hours the ravens would eat out the eyes.
>>
>>27472229
pic hit hard
>>
>>27469853
there isn't really any reason except that losing my existence forever scares the shit out of my existence, i realize that it's irrational when viewing things from a perspective beyond myself but i cannot escape myself, thus i'm trapped in this state of perpetual fear and failure

i don't see the point in killing myself just as much as i don't see the point in living, the entirety of the human race seems like a trivial and pointless existence to me so my choices and thoughts are empty and living or dying holds no weight, it doesn't feel like freedom or a prison it's just maximum emptiness that results in a longing for having never been born

ultimately it comes down to it's easier to live than to die and my most bottomfeeder needs are fulfilled, my brain is geared towards survival and it's currently possible with shelter, food and internet

i don't live for anything, time is just passing, i'm already dead from my point of view, once my source of dependency gets cut off and i lose shelter, food and internet i will either have to start living despite the emptiness of that choice or accept the end of my existence, i'm just kind of frozen in time as a shell of a human being until that happens waiting for nothing at all
>>
>>27469853
If my parents and sister disappear, literally nothing is stopping me.
>>
File: 1459134807697.png (416 KB, 540x1198) Image search: [Google]
1459134807697.png
416 KB, 540x1198
>>27469853
F A M

M
L
P

T B H

I mean if your gonna die you might aswell try this shit mang
>>
File: so what.gif (2 MB, 594x546) Image search: [Google]
so what.gif
2 MB, 594x546
>>27469853
>What actually stops you from killing yourselves?
My parents taught me to be economical about where I put my resouces in, and I am reaching to a level where killing myself would be a total waste of resources
>What do you actually live for?
Unironically, for death and for the future of AIs, I want to go off this world as nature planned, not when I planned it
>inb4 edgy
>Is it really the of pain that keeps you from doing it
Depending on what, its not even painful, or maybe for such a short moment that you dont even notice it
>>
My buddy is getting hired at a road painting company and is gonna vouch for me once he gets hired. With this job I could move out and start my life finally. If it doesn't work out, I don't know what too do. All I can do now is just hope it all works out.
>>
What else would there be to do? Suicide is escape from life, but escape to where? To potentially nothing at all. Id rather have something than nothing. Even if its shit.
>>
File: egghunt.jpg (155 KB, 1294x517) Image search: [Google]
egghunt.jpg
155 KB, 1294x517
>>27472229
Why did you post that anon....fuck, my feels
>>
>>27475181
saem m9
>>
>>27475329
saem boiiii
>>
>>27469853
holy fuck apparently everyone here is actually is a decent human being and dont do it because they care about their parents
>>
>What stops you from killing yourself?
For a while the only thing stopping me was my dog, he is blind in both eyes and is mostly reliant on me since no one else in my family gives a shit. Thinking about him being neglected and sad was a lot more painful than any other problem I was having in life. At this point in my life the only thing stopping me is that I'm sort of a nihilist now, I think it would be idiotic to end my life because of a bunch of meaningless "problems." Its always in the back of my head as a viable option though.
>What do you live for?
I live for all my unattained dreams and goals. its a pretty big list now since I never do anything to work towards my goals.
>Is it fear of pain that keeps you from killing yourself?
Nope, not at all. A few moments of excruciating pain is well worth an eternity of relief.
>>
>>27469853
I'm still young. I cling to a shred of hope that it may just get better and then I'll be happy for sticking it out. Will probably end it tho if I'm in the same situation in 10 years or so. Maybe sooner.
>>
>>27470216
>Every single day is a living fucking hell, full of torment from every aspect of life.
This is a lie you tell yourself to absolve yourself of the responsibility to make your life better. I don't care who you are, there is always something out there for you to enjoy enough to make life living. All it takes is a molding of the mind.

Even soldiers that are captured and subjected to the cruelest tortures keep their will to live. You have no excuse besides weakness.
>>
The effect it would have on my parents, the idea that things might actually work out for me, the fear of God punishing me for it, and as you said, the fear of the pain
>>
SPITE. its the only thing that keeps me going. knowing full well that when i die all my "freinds" are going to magically care and use my death to get laid.
>>
>>27469853
Yes, I'm afraid of death and pain
>>
File: get a load.jpg (120 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
get a load.jpg
120 KB, 640x496
>>27476508
fuckin this.

i dont want my mother to cry.
I dont want to hurt her.
>>
>>27469853
I still have a little luck left. When that runs out I'll probably be homeless for a while before I do it.
>>
>>27476688
Too bad it's a huge lie you tell yourself because you're actually afraid of death and enjoy the life you have more than you think.
>>
>>27476388
hhaha stupid faggot
>>
>>27471094
okay ted mosby, how's robin?
>>
File: ChedGenetics.jpg (378 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
ChedGenetics.jpg
378 KB, 960x1280
My Chad genetics stop me
>>
File: a9dERoD_460s.jpg (108 KB, 476x565) Image search: [Google]
a9dERoD_460s.jpg
108 KB, 476x565
>>27476726
Thats like, just your oppinion man.
I reconsider my situation, I go to School (in germany its called Abitur), I write good grades (between B- and B+). I still dont think I can reach my own predictions so I just continue to go to school and make my mother and my dad happy because hteres nothing left for them to be happy. trust me as soon as they kick the bucket, I'm out, too. I dont care about my life, but I care about them.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.