[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is /r9k/'s opinion on these games? I've played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: dota-2-vs-league-of-legends.jpg (345 KB, 820x461) Image search: [Google]
dota-2-vs-league-of-legends.jpg
345 KB, 820x461
what is /r9k/'s opinion on these games? I've played both a pretty good amount and I think they're about the same in terms of fun and entertainment.
>>
File: 1448380511831.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1448380511831.png
21 KB, 900x900
>>27467647
>there are people out there who play LoL and have never heard about dota
>>
>>27467676
there are people out there who play dota and have never heard about warcraft 3
>>
I enjoyed LoL but I just hated how long a single game takes. Anywhere between 20 minutes if one team gets completely raped to over an hour if both teams are good is fucking awful. Every other competitive scene has games that last a few minutes and you're done. MOBAs you have to dedicate a full slice of your day to a single game.
>>
>>27467647
I enjoy LoL and i absolutely loved warcraft 3 and dota but i can't get into dota 2, it's just way too clunky
>>
>>27467647
League is normie: the videogame, I still have fun playing it, but the fanbase is pure cancer.
>>
Dota 2 is good, but it's full of South Americans and Eastern Europeans who are, without exception, absolutely god-awful at the game, and now Valve has nickel-and-dimed it so hard that nobody gives a damn about actually playing unless it's high MMR ranked matches. League is garbage. HoN was the best, most creative, and most original of the DotA clones, but completely overshadowed by DotA to the point of death. HotS is a cool concept but silly trash in execution. I'll never forgive Hi-Rez for killing Tribes to focus on Smite, so fuck Smite.

Everything else is forgettable bandwagon tier.
>>
>>27467854

What about Paragon? Paragon is pretty fun, it just needs a little work because it's still in Alpha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlVbYrDkRZA
>>
>>27467647
>played league 2010-2011
>jumped ship to dota as soon as I got a beta invite
>played it for 2 years
>quit because I realised I'm fucking trash at RTS games
I'll stick to shooters

the only common thing those games have is that you control a hero with spells and you get money for creeps. The gameplay isn't really comparable at all when you got to an intermediate-high level. Just play both to find out what's more fun. I think Dota is the better game because there's just more shit you can do and also it has custom games now, but I can see why League attracts so many new (particularly young) players. I tried playing the ARAM gamemode they have now a few months ago and my brain died processing all the new creeps and effects and stupid shit flashing on the screen at once. I think League 2010-2012 was best. Clean (albeit shitty and amateur) designs, Riot wasn't in full maximum overshill mode (maybe they were but I didn't register it). Also NA drama was fun to follow. Hard to believe that some of those League shitters that streamed all day are now millionaires because they made team brands.

Dota was best in 2012-2013 when there as a study number of people playing it but it wasn't as stupidly popular and overrun with new people as it is today. But I can say the same for a lot of games that I've played on and off since the beginning.
>>
I need Rp
>>
>>27467854

HiRez is actually trying to revive T:A cause they felt bad about what happened. It's a little too late for that now but they took everything they learned from how they fucked up Tribes and put it into Smite. Check it out anon, it's fun
>>
>>27467749
>playing a game for 30 minutes is too long

kill yourself normalshit holy fuck
>>
>>27468148

30 minutes is fine. 45 minutes I start to get impatient. 60 minutes and over I just want the game to be over already. Do you know how many games of Street Fighter I could have done in 60 minutes? Instead I got 1 game of League? Terrible trade off.
>>
Dota is fine if you play with a group. Playing by yourself is just like flipping a coin, with heads being having a fun time, and tails being punching a wall for 40 minutes.
>>
File: 666.jpg (50 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
50 KB, 540x540
>>27467749
i bet you're a premature ejaculator whos never gotten the puck to the goal
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.