[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Balding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
My father went bald by 30, and my maternal grandfather didn't start balding until 60. Can you guys give me a prediction as to when I'll start balding?

I'm 19 years old now and still have very thick hair.
>>
>>27467259
No
Seriously we cant. Its all luck, just hope for the best
>>
its usually on the mothers side that shows hairloss, if your moms hair isnt thinning that means you're good
>>
>>27467516
My mom has thick hair, and like I said her father didn't start balding until he was old. It worries me that my father got bald so early though.

Anyway, I look so much like my grandfather, and have his hair color too, let's hope I will keep my hair for a while.
>>
>>27467259
My father also started balding at around 30.
Yet I didn't inherit his hair, his is curly and mine is straight, like my mom's.
My maternal grandfather is nearly 65 and he still isn't balding.
What about me, robots?
>>
>>27467516
False my mom and maternal grandfather have thick intact hair. My dad is balding. I'm 19 and I'm balding.
>>
Just take cold showers and skip out on shampoo 2 times every week, and you should be fine.
>>
>>27467667
>cold showers
How does this help?
>>
>>27467667
I noticed that I shed more hair when I don't wash my hair.
Not sure if balding I'm though.
>>
>>27467739
You're washing out hairs that have alreadt been shed.
>>
>>27467684
Cold showers have been shown to give you a variety of benefits including preventing hair loss. Seriously anon, look it up.
>>
>>27467739
Some shampoos contain sodium chloride, which is used as a thickener for shampoos. Sodium chloride can cause hair loss.
>>
>>27467798
Does nofap prevent hairloss?
>>
>>27467516
This is an old wives tale.

You're just as likely to inherit the balding gene from your father as you are your mother.

Nobody in my mother's family has any hairloss whatsoever. My father on the other hand is bald as fuck and I'm headed the same way...
>>
File: 1318913834_Dr.DreTheChronic.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1318913834_Dr.DreTheChronic.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
Dude who fucking cares?

Just shave your head when/if it starts happening. The only person that will give a shit that you're bald is yourself.

People only make fun of bald faggots when they try to hide their baldness.
>>
>>27467850
I think it actually helps hair loss along m8. All that stress and shit senpai.
>>
>>27467879
Actually that's not true.

People might not "care" that you're bald. But they will notice and you will be seen as less attractive as a result.

Anyone looks better with a full head of hair.
>>
>>27467798
It improves quality of hair, not amount. If you're ruining your hair with scalding hot water with something.
>>
>>27467850
Yes. At least masturbate 1x per week or less to be on the safe side. Constant ejaculations weaken the body. It could affect hair.
>>
>>27467846
No, I meant my hair looks and feels better after I wash it with shampoo. When I don't, it gets greasy and kinda clumpy and starts breaking easier.
>>
>>27468133
It depends from person to person. For some it wouldn't really make a difference. cold showers are pretty good though.
>>
>>27468166
You guys that advocate cold showers and no fap are fucking deluded.

Male pattern baldness is a genetic condition. Your hair follicles are genetically sensitive to certain hormones.

Taking cold showers or rubbing coconut oil onto your scalp is not going to change a thing.
>>
>>27467259
Hairloss is extremely unpredicable.
No matter how thick your hair is now, it may be gone within a year if you are unlucky, while hypothetically a guy with shitty thin hair may keep it forever.
There are no guarantees or tricks involved, it really sucks. Best to not worry and enjoy your hair for as long as you have it.
>>
>>27468229
If I inherit all my hair qualities from my mother's side, is it possible that I inherit ONLY the balding from my dad's side?
>>
>>27468229
Also as long as I still have my hair, I'll style it the way I like.
>>
>>27467259
>Can you guys give me a prediction as to when I'll start balding?
Your hair will be like your mother's brother.
>>
>>27468287
>Your hair will be like your mother's brother.
Please no, he started balding around 30.
>>
File: 1455397318854.png (263 KB, 700x511) Image search: [Google]
1455397318854.png
263 KB, 700x511
>>27468287
This is more or less true. My uncle started balding when he was 18 or so, as did I.

His father (my grandpa) also went bald pretty early.
>>
>>27468254
I think the whole "balding from maternal side" is highly unreliable if not a complete myth in the first place. You inherit genes from both your parents, you could be unlucky and inherit shitty hair genes from both your father and your mother, making people who are unaffected by genetic baldness extremely rare and lucky.
So Yeah I think that you may inherit the balding from your father, although you have a better chance of keeping it when it resembles that of your mother in every way. Yet it is all luck and you can never be sure in advance.
>>27468273
As you should, seize the day anon.
>>
>>27468422
>As you should, seize the day anon.

I will, if I start balding I will bulk up and get strong and fat, then shave it all off to become le alpha male.

Until then slick back or experimenting with different hairstyles. YOLO.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.