[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Renting is for the goyim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 500x674) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 500x674
Are any of legitimate home/condo owners? Canadian by chance?

How much of your income to you devote to living?

Also, how do I leverage being a homeowner and losing my virginity and getting sex often?

I've thought about looking for a female tenant and giving her a discount for sexual services.

Another idea was to construct a dungeon in my basement like that old creepy Australian guy.
>>
>>27464629
>Renting is for the goyim
how the fuck am I going to buy one? mortgage and then shackle myself to the jew bankers? how's that good?

also
>Can't move because muh house
sucks ass
>>
>>27464706
Renting is basically throwing your money away, you will never see it again. And plus, when you rent you usually are paying for your landlord's mortgage as well as his profit.

I probably will never move. I'll probably die in my house.
>>
>>27464799
>renting is basically throwing your money away
LOL
maybe you should re-take finance you fucking moron.
>>
Australian here, expensive as fuck here, maybe a little bit cheaper than Canada. Considering living in a caravan park.
>>
>>27464799
>I probably will never move. I'll probably die in my house.
how do you live with yourself?
>>
>>27464855
I can spend $900 a month, no utilities, for a shitty one bed room box in the sky that is probably infested with cock roaches and bed bugs. Might not even have a parking spot. When I decide to move out I won't see that money again.

I can spend $1100 a month, no utilities, on a multi bedroom multi bathroom house, have at a minimum one parking spot and some grass. When I decide to move I sell and will at least get back my down payment, probably even a profit. I could spend even less monthly by renting out rooms and maybe even get some pussy.
>>
>>27464945
>I can spend $900 a month, no utilities, for a shitty one bed room box
then move to somewhere with better and more affordable housing, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>27464917
Where do you plan on dying?
>>
File: 1439585341880.jpg (410 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1439585341880.jpg
410 KB, 750x750
Imma live with my parents until I have enough to buy a nice place. Without that monthly cost I should be amongst the first wagecucks to get my own home.
>>
>>27464961
>planning the end of your life
when do you plan on dying?
>>
own a condo in canada. condo corporation pays me money for basic maintenance around the building too, so that + rent from a roommate keeps me going indefinitely
>>
>>27464978
I didn't mean I would off my self there. I meant die of old age.
>>
>>27464629
my debt is too high, my income too low, and my savings non-existent so i am forced to rent
>>
>>27465018
how then fuck would I know where I'd die? that's only possible if you plan on staying in the same fucking place your entire life, and that's the opposite of how my life has been, and will be.
I go where life takes me.
>>
>>27464855
Where I live it costs $800 a month for a two-bedroom apartment without utilities and houses start around 30k

I'd rather take a few years to save for something decent than throw half my paycheck away every month to live in a four-room box above a hair salon
>>
>>27464629
>buying at the height of the pricing bubble
you're smaaaaaaaaart.
>>
>>27465050
>pricing bubble
what did he mean by this?

Honestly, I know nothing about this topic.
>>
File: 1453850759036.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
1453850759036.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>>27464959
>Failed to understand the meaning of the metaphor

>calls him an idiot
>>
>>27465050
no one said anything about buying anything, we're talking about property we already own. nice try rentie :^)
>>
>>27465073
>metaphor
no you idiot. he's comparing the worse condition of renting, with a good condition of buying.

You don't have to put up with shitty housing, just move you retard.
>>
>>27464629
>I've thought about looking for a female tenant and giving her a discount for sexual services.
thats literally extortion, and can't be consented to by definition. she might say not to worry about it, if she finds out she can get a free ride by suing you/pressing charges then you're fucked. don't bother. women are disgusting tenants anyways
>>
>>27465100
>extortion
no one is forcing her to accept the offer, you fucking faggot.

it's pathetic for both parties, but not extortion.
>>
>>27464959
I need to work for money and my industry doesn't exist in towns in the middle of no where. I don't have the experience yet to freelance yet. There is a reason most people live in cities, it is where the jobs are.

>>27464977
This is me. Zero expenses lets me save.

>>27464997
Apartment style condo or the townhouse style ones?
>>
>>27465123
>no one is forcing her to accept the offer, you fucking faggot.
landlord accepting sex as payment for rent is literally against the law, at least in canada. look it up, idiot
>>
>tfw my grandma is giving me her mansion when she dies
>>
>>27465141
>I need to work for money and my industry doesn't exist in towns in the middle of no where. I don't have the experience yet to freelance yet. There is a reason most people live in cities, it is where the jobs are.
what is car
what is commute
>>
>>27465143
>landlord accepting sex as payment for rent is literally against the law, at least in canada. look it up, idiot
>changing the argument
I didn't mention the law, it's not extortion you piece of shit.

>>27465149
that news made you an anorexic grill?
>>
>>27465143
its against the law cuz the government ain't getting a cut
>>
>>27465170
>I didn't mention the law
well when its a subject that is against the law, I think maybe you should?
>>
>>27465170
>fat fembot jelly that her family is dirt poor and will receive zero inheritance

Stay jelly landwhale
>>
>>27465200
>>27465143

>strawman

I'm not arguing for what he said, I'm arguing against the literal bullshit you claimed. For something to be extortion, if must be forced, and in this case, it is not.
>>
>>27465222
you don't need to literally force someone for it to be extortion or against the law. just having power over someone and using it for sex is enough.
>>
>>27465156
What is spending 3 hours on a one way commute to work because you are a rentcuck who rents in a small town on the far outskirts of the city instead of being a home owner in the burbs and having a 1 hour commute.
>>
File: file.png (15 KB, 530x173) Image search: [Google]
file.png
15 KB, 530x173
>>27465236
>arguing something when you don't know the simple definition of it
you're just embarrassing yourself.
>>
Here's how to buy property without needing to be silly-rich

>move into somewhere real cheap, like your parent's place or a van parked at walmart
>work the best paying job you can find until you have a down payment, plus money for renovations, upkeep, etc. if your down payment exceeds 10% of the mortgage you won't need to pay insurance
>if you hate bankers (you should), get the mortgage from a credit union
>put renters into your house. If you have two floors and a basement you can live on one level and rent the other two out.

you now own a house, and in 20 years you won't owe anything on the mortgage. if you can't pay off the mortgage and they take the house then you still saved money compared to renting. Now you have assets and are officially no longer a peasant, if you care about that kind of thing
>>
File: ahp.jpg (32 KB, 634x425) Image search: [Google]
ahp.jpg
32 KB, 634x425
>>27465062
Not that anon, but bubble means overpriced, basically. I don't know much about house prices either, but I've been looking at house prices recently and the one thing that gets me is that each month they increase steeply. Seems houses become 10K (britfag) more expensive each year.

It's hard to believe that anything can realistically gain value that fast. Bubbles eventually burst (prices return to realistic levels). I'm worried about buying now.
>>
>>27465281
thanks for the info famalam
>>
>>27465272
>look I can use dictionary.com
>IM A GENIUS
yeah, okay.
>>
>>27465318
>look
>I can't use dictionary.com
>I'm too good for facts
>>
Reporting in. I own a small Victorian house in my city's most prestigious neighbourhood. I'm Canadian, too.

I bought it on a whim after winning the lottery (split jackpot), so I can't speak much to mortgages or anything like that. I pretty much just pay property tax, which equates to what I'd pay for a month's rent in this neighbourhood.
>>
>>27465356
>I own a small Victorian house in my city's most prestigious neighbourhood.
no you don't. prove it.
>>
To the guys arguing about extortion.

The female tenant would still pay rent. I would just casually bring up that I would apply a discount to her rental rates in exchange for sex. I would physically force her or threatens her with eviction or rate hikes. I don't think it is extortion.
>>
>>27465356
>I pretty much just pay property tax, which equates to what I'd pay for a month's rent in this neighbourhood.
wait what? so what's the fucking point of owning property if you're paying this much tax?
>>
>>27465385
I'm not sure how I can without revealing my address. I'm a single female living alone, so that would not be ideal.
>>
>>27465395
Wouldn't*

Typo
>>
>>27465410
Property tax is 12x less than rent would be. I pay it once a year.
>>
>>27465410
He lives in an expensive part of the city and only bought because he won money
Property tax is like $200 for a normal house.
>>
>>27465434
>I pay it once a year.
oh ok.
>>
>>27465413
Are you looking for a tenant. I can substitute daily sex instead of payment if you would prefer.
>>
>>27465500
No, sorry, I prefer to live alone. I have an SO, as well, so the sex thing would not be possible.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.