[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hope
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 6
Allow me to impart some wisdom Robots.

We are bound by a common burden; Each of us, like Atlas, given a weight to carry. The empty, dull gnawing of despair. Every man will face it.

The people you resent, branded with the label "normies", bear it too. The men and women you aspire to be ultimately bow to the same yoke, even Chad will wake with a start one night, and for the first time question the point of life.

This weight we bear is called many things, emptiness, despondency, depression. It is the common charge of all men.
>>
File: 1457812130203.jpg (89 KB, 709x827) Image search: [Google]
1457812130203.jpg
89 KB, 709x827
Attempts to realign will fail. Go to /fit/, even the attractive and healthy know despair. Go to Facebook, reddit, and Twitter, the normies aren't happy either.

If a genie appeared and made you attractive, rich, gave you the most beautiful spouse, it would do nothing to remove the burden. You have only painted a rotten house and proclaimed it whole.

You can resign yourself to this weight, as many have, and many will. It will do no good. No happiness can come from stagnation. Have you not remained in this place long enough to see?

There is another way.
>>
File: 1458569618657.jpg (984 KB, 2327x2980) Image search: [Google]
1458569618657.jpg
984 KB, 2327x2980
It begins with a choice.

You must choose the path. You cannot merely wish for it. The way to remove this burden is simply, to take the emptiness and make it whole.

Choose a purpose.

What purpose, only you can answer. But choose. Commit to this mission fully. Breathe life into it with a goal, some tangible, quantifiable measure of success and failure.

Commit. Fulfill the purpose. When the despair strikes, strike back damnit! You are not pointless. You are fulfilling a mission. The world be damned if it will stop you.
>>
File: 1458482711174.jpg (224 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458482711174.jpg
224 KB, 1280x720
Death holds no power, only the purpose. If you try and fail, you did all you could, and your life wasn't wasted.

Only the few walk this path. Others will laugh, scorn your efforts. Do not be fooled by their indolence, for it stems from the very despair you transcend.

There is a door out of this place. It hangs wide open. You can free yourself from the chains you bear and finally achieve happiness.
>>
File: 1458451539322.jpg (608 KB, 3000x1687) Image search: [Google]
1458451539322.jpg
608 KB, 3000x1687
As of this post, this tripcode is dissolved. If even one person changes for the better as a result of these words, then it is a victory for us all.

If you finally tire of the dark, I bid you; join me and view the sunrise
>>
TL;DR
Bout to smoke on some dank tho lmao
>>
>>27462804
Except the difference is, I have the same problems as them, plus I am ugly, poor, virgin and without social skills. It wouldn't remove the burden but it will make it lighter.
This is a stupid thread written by a redditor.
>>
Meh, it is mildly motivational, but as >>27463257 said, in the end normies can enjoy the ride and we don't. They get the good and the bad, we only get the bad, and sometimes if we're lucky the neutral stuff. Chad has highs and lows, I only have lows and less lows or so to speak.

And when you spent too much time observing the world and thinking about life, it's difficult to "pick up a goal and jus do it" like you suggest, because you're overwhelmed by the pointlessness of it all. Even hedonism becomes difficult or impossible to pursue.

Most normies can achieve things because they never have to sit back and observe the big picture. They're never pushed away from the world, they never have to observe it from outside.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.