[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How has your experience been with dating apps/websites? Any tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: okcupid_logo_0.png (9 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
okcupid_logo_0.png
9 KB, 180x180
How has your experience been with dating apps/websites? Any tips for betas like me to get results?
>>
heres a tip don't waste your time
>>
>>27462732
Where else am I supposed to meet girls if I'm not in school?
>>
>go on pof
>finally get a date after trying for a month
>she looks nothing like her pics
>ends after 30 minutes
>get frustrated and quit
>decide to try again for new year
>get another date with cute chubby girl
>goes well
>shes now my gf

I guess it isn't all so bad
>>
Well don't use Okcupid, only trans people there, not even kidding. use Tinder, lovoo or badoo. Some tips:
>Have good quality pics
>Avoid selfies
>Use both natural and smiling face
>Good Hairstyle
>Try some sort of filter if you are super ugly
>Pic with friends (this one is hard)
>Do NOT mention anime, vidya interests. unless you are looking for a landwhale
>>
>>27462983
>pic with friends

A tip for this if youre courageous enough, go into some public place where people are having fun ideally or like a pier/hangout areas for people your age and ask if you can take a selfie with them cause they look like fun or whatever you want to say. Worked for me.
>>
>>27462720
Okcupid is for females.
If you aren't a 8/10+ male, then forget it.
>>
File: p1.png (508 KB, 470x836) Image search: [Google]
p1.png
508 KB, 470x836
Would /r9k/ engage in coitus with this slut?
>>
File: 1458565342290.jpg (48 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1458565342290.jpg
48 KB, 330x319
>>27462720
>being desperate enough to resort to online dating
have some dignity
>>
>>27463065
I can't think of a single good thing about her.

>tattoos
>tongue out
>ridiculously slutty outfit
>has kid
>comes off as aggressive
>probably prostitute
>>
>>27463075
>implying most chads and stacies arent on tinder, okc, or some other app

get with the times senpai
>>
Part of me feels that dating sites are deeply unromantic and horrible because they stop us from having a 'love event' where we bump into someone and our lives are changed forever. It seems deeply unromantic to me to say on your wedding day, "yeah her profile said she liked Game of Thrones so here we are".

On the other hand, I acknowledge that pure romanticism is not the basis of a relationship. I get that (if you're gay) it's harder to meet people. I get that in a society where humans social spheres are so unnaturally limited to work or school that it's one of the only ways to meet people and I mourn that fact. I acknowledge it has the potential to be more cerebral since you're judging a person's profile but I also know people don't fucking look at that.

I use dating sites and I'm not happy I do so. I get lots of messages but only reply if I feel an instant, overwhelming attraction. It's only happened once, and it didn't pan out.
>>
>message qt
>views my profile but doesn't respond
>If they do respond the convo always dies or they vanish when I ask to meet

And that's my story
>>
>>27463100
she's white? (I think)
>>
>>27463015
That's super creepy.
>>
>>27463126
was meant for
>>27463089

robotsaremetal
>>
>>27463065
I don't have an issue with her tattoos, or slutty outfit, or wanting some on the side, but...

Like, why would you ever post your child's fucking face on the internet? On tinder? Why? I think it's unethical to post friends faces in group pics without permission, and you post your fucking child? Who, given her age, is likely a baby or toddler?

What the fuck.
>>
>>27463065
things i notice:
>she doesn't care about her body
>she will have sex with me
>her grammar is shit
>she's probably not that smart, probably easy to bed
>young body
>sex
>with
>me
>>
She gave me a scornful look after asking if I was done jerking off.

I said no.

She closed the door and left.
>>
File: 1458259086181.jpg (11 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1458259086181.jpg
11 KB, 250x241
>>27463100
>he thinks the bots are actually humans
hory shit
>>
After 6 months in tinder and ok Cupid I can say that the people in there are far crazier and fucked up than us, they're the lowest scum in earth, I've been in 6 dates and every one was a trainwreck of craziness and crazy people, in the last one(where I decided to close the accounts) the girl even make me bleed.
>>
the catch is she lives about 50 miles away but she messaged me first? what the fuck homies
>>
>>27463119
Every single time. Will message a girl back and forth, but she will flake out and disappear either after the first conversation, or when I suggest meeting up.
>>
>>27463065
>my time is valuable

100% certain she was some vapid whore who didn't care about what she did up until she got knocked up. The second she had her kid, bam, became an "adult".
>>
if you want replies, message girls you're not really attracted to
>>
>>27463266
Probably drunk.
Types like a retard.

Then again you both type like retards.
>>
>>27463203
>he hasnt talked with said stacies or gone out with one
haha oh wow
>>
>>27462720
>How has your experience been with dating apps/websites?
A pointless waste of time. Most girls fall into 5 categories:
1) Completely out of my league
2) Completely fucking crazy (vegan commie sjw feminazi)
3) Have ridiculous height requirements
4) Sub 90 IQ
5) Landwhale

And the funny thing is that although online dating is pretty desperate, most people have unreasonably high standards. It's not uncommon for landwhales to reject males for being slightly chubby or not physically perfect. Though after a year or so, you'll be happy to be rejected since most girls will never actually respond or just stop talking after having said "hi".
>>
>>27463281
same here. I can get matches and Messages of 5/10s anyway.. I'm an idiot so I always want a hot girl though... but they almost never respond
>>
>>27463402
>I'm an idiot so I always want a hot girl though

Fuck you dude. I'd be happy with a 5/10 but they all flake the same. Be realistic.
>>
>>27462720
Is backpage a dating site? If yes, then yes
>>
>>27463437
I know bro.. they are all the same, and they have the power to choose anyway.
I'll think I'll just stick to fapping, at my age I have almost given up anyways
>>
I think I've swiped 100s of girls on tinder and have only gotten 2 matches (neither respond). Am I ugly or something?
>>
>>27463513

I blame male thirst, 7+/10 dudes so eager to pump and dump, these 5's think they're actually on that level and it fucks up our playing field.

Dammit man.
>>
>>27463514
Impossible to tell without a picture.

I mean your looks clearly aren't model tier. Maybe you just look very average/boring.
>>
>>27463075
what year are you living in?
>>
has anyone here below 5'10" had any success?
>>
>>27463075
>current year
>he thinks online dating apps arent mainstream now
>>
>>27462720
Have two dates line up from OKC
One tomorrow another the day after.

The first one I was talking with for about 2 weeks then I mentioned a coffee date after college and she agreed. The second girl asked me out after 3 days as to not waste conversation topics online.

Feels good tbqh famalan
>>
>>27463402
I message both hotties and 5/10s. It makes no difference. They all flake out rather quickly. Will be all interested one moment, and then they stop replying and disappear.
>>
File: 1454873743488.jpg (80 KB, 422x437) Image search: [Google]
1454873743488.jpg
80 KB, 422x437
>think about making a profile
>remember i'm poor as fuck and live with my dad in a dumpy, small house
>forget about it and jack off
>>
>>27463551
Yes. I am 5'6". It doesn't make the difference you think it does. Girls are just as flaky with tall guys as with short guys. I have found gfs online, but it's a numbers game.
>>
>>27462720
>after really long time I decided to give Tinder a shot
>use it for like a week
>swipe to the right like 50% of girls
>the only match deleted me immediately before I even wrote to her

Yeah what did i expect
>>
>>27463075
This.

But my principles and dignity are eroding and I fear I may soon give up and join in.
>>
>>27462983
>lovoo or badoo

Are those even still active?

Okcupid is already pretty dead to begin with.
>>
File: 1409858353027.jpg (79 KB, 497x627) Image search: [Google]
1409858353027.jpg
79 KB, 497x627
>Too ugly and insecure to upload a photo

I lost before even starting.
>>
>>27463551
Have a friend that is only 5'8, same height as me, but has a face of the gods.. like perfect symmetric.. when he used those apps he would almost fuck a different girl every day. It's really crazy. Once I saw that with my own eyes it really made me realise how fucked up those apps are for people like me who dont look good... and I felt worthless as shit.
>>
>>27462720
Since okcupid is in english I offered some girls from my country help with their english, there was some girl that was from the same damn city, we talked and she stopped messaging me, a week later I asked what was the problem. She said the site is bad for messaging and asked me for my whatsapp. I gave it and she didnt add me. Feels bad. Since them I just create troll/cringy profiles to fuck with people
>>
It made me realize there's lots of quality girls, as long as you don't mind them being fat. The skinny ones are fucked though.
>>
>>27462814
Clubs/Bars

Pop a pill of molly and off you go
>>
>>27462720
Had a gay guy try to fuck me on tinder. He was oddly forward considering I'm a 6/10 at best but there you go. He never texted me back :(
>>
It's a crapshoot. Hard to find decent conversation. If they used any text speak it was an immediate deal breaker.
>>
>>27463835
Women seem pretty shit at actually coming out with it and directly rejecting men. They'll usually just ignore and try to hide from it.
Stacy will laugh in your face but most women pussy out.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.