[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wah wah wah no one likes me cause I'm weird and outsider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: Syd-Barrett.jpg (401 KB, 1477x1551) Image search: [Google]
Syd-Barrett.jpg
401 KB, 1477x1551
>wah wah wah no one likes me cause I'm weird and outsider
>literal schizophrenic outsider makes one of the most respected critically and successfully successful bands and solo career to date

Whats your excuse for not at least being able to get a girl?
>>
So let me get this straight, he was treated like shit by people around him and still he worked hard to provide something to society? His songs I mean. Now that's a cuck.
>>
See Emily Play is my fave
>>
>>27462065
>does what he loves, writing music
>doesn't let his social anxiety defeat him
>becomes a major influence in an enormously influential band
>gets called a cuck by a nameless faggot whom history will forget in less than the blink of an eye

Sounds about right
>>
>>27462065
Yes anon, in society you have to prove your worth to rise past beta being made fun of to literal chart topper alpha
>>
>>27462168
That's pretty much ad hom and you know it.

>>27462171
Yeah fuck you. People get made fun of based on things out of their control. It's not fair, it's not a game worth playing. Anyone who is a normie or contributes to society is the enemy.
>>
>>27462037
>Talented from a very young age

Incomparable to robots.

Robots are people who have no talents and who spent their childhood doing nothing but playing video games and staying indoors due to their parents not pushing them to do anything.

Having talents and skills is ultimate normalfag behaviour. Syd Barrett and all musicians/actors/artists are normalfags.
>>
well i don't look good as he does

does that answers your question?
>>
>>27462206
This is the most pathetic thing I've seen on here in a while.

>wah wah I can't believe I actually have to learn and practice music to get good at it
>wah wah I can't believe I have to explore music past yugioh soundtracks to understand basic music theory
>those normies REE

Fuck off, talentless faggot.
>>
>>27462206
>I justify not doing anything because God forbid there may be a challenge in it
>>
>>27462037

They didn't achieve that much success until after Barrett left and he didn't have a very large impact on their later music. He had excellent music and the band produced great work with him, but Syd had little influence on the music PF is widely known for today. Also his schizophrenia didn't manifest itself upon Syd until after the band had formed.
>>
>>27462236
I listen to a lot of music across many different genres. I understand the intense work that goes into it and I really appreciate it.

But at the same time, those who create music are normalfags. I wasn't fortunate enough to be taught an instrument or how to sing when I was young. Now I'm in my 20s with no talents and no chance to contribute to the world.

It's just a fact. If you are talented at anything, you are a normalfag. Talent is a privilege that people like me are not fortunate enough to have.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (99 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
99 KB, 600x800
>>27462206
>tfw feel much better since started reading and playing music/drawing years after I dropped it in middle school
>>
>>27462236
Learning and practicing is the necessary condition, but not sufficient. He was just lucky.
>>
>>27462285
>its okay for me not to try because I never did before

This is pathetic even for robot standards. You are the ultimate normie if you don't create. Stop trying to justify being unimaginative through mental gymnastics as being a "nonnormie"
>>
>>27462315
It's not about trying. It's about talent. I wasn't born with the talent to create. That is a privilege that I do not have.

I wish I had that talent. But I do not. Those who do have it are normalfags because they have been granted a free pass to success by the universe.
>>
>>27462340
>believing talent is a real thing
>HONESTLY believing you can't become a godlike guitarist through practice

The Jews sure have succeeded in keeping the white man down.
>>
>>27462293
Looking into getting back on with those exact activities. Can you give me some advice on motivating myself robot
>>
>>27462390
Video games and shit like that are time wasters you get absolutely nothing out of. Doing something as simple as reading or strumming the guitar is already more productive. You might even make something cool one day that way. That feel will never happen on a game.
>>
>>27462374
Talent is a real thing. How else do you explain normalfag guitar virtuosos who are masters of their instrument by 16 and every girl wants to fuck them because they're in a band?
>>
>>27462340
So then wouldn't people who make creative and original content be normalfags? Coming from someone who has absolutely no talents.
>>
>>27462037
>excuse
>talking as if it were an obligation
my hatred for humans cannot be contained

but no, really it's just that I'm apathetic, uninspired and talentless
there's your answer gaylord OP
>>
>>27462523
>So then wouldn't people who make creative and original content be normalfags?

Yes.

People who have the talent to create things of worth are normalfags.
>>
File: 1458745207453.jpg (19 KB, 420x354) Image search: [Google]
1458745207453.jpg
19 KB, 420x354
>>27462511
They've been practicing for years.

> Being this much of a retardedlow energy cuck.

They practiced for years for hours on end while you focused on bragging about your rare csgo crates. It's not too late, catch up faggot.

>>27462548
So robots are so delusional today that making trout mask replica is apparently a pretty normie thing. Fuck off with your mental gymnastics, I will say it again being an uncultured non-artistic (not tumblr art, real art) faggot is the most normie thing you could be currently. Come to terms you're a normie without slandering others you cuck.
>>
>>27462629
Being a normalfag is about being a successful person with worth and who is liked by others.

If you have the ability to create art, you are successful and have worth. And you are probably liked by others for those facts.

Robots are complete abject failures at life. A talented artist cannot be a robot.

I'm just saying it how I see it. Growing up the only people I knew who were musicians/artists were popular normalfags from middle class families that actively encouraged and financed their talents. I am still VERY bitter that I didn't have the same opportunities as them.
>>
>>27462511
>THOSE NORMIES THERES NO WAY THEIR SKILL WASNT HANDED TO THEM SEEING AS THERW IS JUST NO WAY THEY PRACTICED FOR HUNDREDS OF HOURS OH WELL AT LEAST I HAVE MY HARD EARNED DARK SOULS ACHIEVMENTS IM SKILLED TOO R-RIGHT GYS
>>
>>27462669
What is outsider music? What is avant garde? You can be a "critical" failure originally with low skill and then become nirvana- like Kurt. Faggot
>>
>>27462690
Not that guy, but as I said in this thread already. Practice is necessary, but not sufficient.
>>
File: MTIwNjA4NjM0MTExNzU1Nzg4.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjM0MTExNzU1Nzg4.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>27462738
What is this even supposed to mean?
>toot toot magic talent police your clear hard earned skill isn't backed by muh talent oh well no artistry for you
>>
>>27462733
>You can be a "critical" failure originally with low skill and then become nirvana- like Kurt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Cobain

>Cobain began developing an interest in music early in life. According to his aunt Mari, he began singing at the age of two. At age four, he started playing the piano and singing, writing a song about a trip to a local park.

Most alternative/indie musicians still have traditional normalfag talented backgrounds.

Even avant-garde musicians usually received good training in music as children, making them normalfags.
>>
>>27462777
I'm assuming you're at least 18 since you're here. And not knowing something this basic at that age is embarassing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necessity_and_sufficiency

To put it simpler so maybe you will understand. You can't become good at doing something without any practice at all. Therefore practice is necessary. But if you practice that does not mean you will become good or succesful, there are other factors in play. Therefore practice itself isn't sufficient.
>>
>>27462822
He sucked at singing. He was a mediocre guitarist. Look at what he did anyway.

Stop trying to act like being skilled or artistic is normie. In the modern video game low energy age, YOU are the normie.
>>
>>27462835
>there's a chance I won't be successful
>oh well better not bother

Its such a low energy cuck mindset I hoped Id not have to even address it, normie.
>>
>>27462848
>He sucked at singing.
He is recognised almost universally as being one of the most powerful and recognisable voices in modern music. I couldn't sing like him if I tried. It takes talent - just not the same talent that it takes to be a "traditional" singer.

>He was a mediocre guitarist
Yet he wrote some of the most recognisable songs of his generation and developed a distinct musical style.

>In the modern video game low energy age, YOU are the normie.
Most normies have talent of some kind. Being a person with no talent, I am abnormal in society. People see me as boring and I am shamed for this.

I don't want to be this way. It is simply the hand I was dealt by life.
>>
>>27462874
I actually agree with what you said.

Failure if I never try, that's fine as far as I am concerned. But trying hard to win, to achieve something and still failing? That's something I'm never going to undertake. I would rather never get anything and always lose, but it will be MY CHOICE.
>>
Practice is the only thing you need. People mistake the methodology of practice for talent. If you learn all the scales on the guitar, chords, chord progressions etc and mindlessly play around with them... spending ten thousand hours doing this will get you maybe moderate, generic success at most.

On the other hand if you practice improvisation, music production, music composition, listening to every single genre of music, while constantly trying to improve your sound and spending 10k hours doing this, you'll come out a much better musician even if you only spend like 3 thousand of those hours towards the guitar.

Even if you don't agree with these examples, being extremely mindful of what you're practicing is what matters most
>>
File: Screenshot_20160326-171545.png (267 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160326-171545.png
267 KB, 1080x1920
>>27463078
The other thing people mistake talent for is persistance. If you've never stopped trying, eventually you'll make it. Maybe it will take you ten years of pure suffering and nothing but roadblock. Maybe twenty. Maybe one.

As long as you're mindful and persistant in your talent, it will pay off. Social skills may help to promote you, but aside from initial exposure, they'll never be a substitute for results coming from "talent"
>>
>>27463201
But the time it takes to make it is very important. Say for example you have someone who is very dumb, but keeps trying and finally finishes high school. At the age of 28. Is he as succesful as soemone who finished it like everyone else?

No. There is a very clear inferiority. There is no equality of effort.
>>
>>27463251
Comparing yourself to others is always going to result in you being inferior to someone else in that regard though. Someone who finished high school at the age of say, 14 is still garbage compared to child prodigies who teach university level calculus before the age of 10.

Also, even finishing high school at 28, you're still better off than everyone who didn't.
>>
>>27463372
>>27463201
Name me a musician/actor/artist who didn't begin their craft until their 20s and is even remotely recognised for his/her talents.
>>
>>27463431
Van Gogh
Claude monet
Leonard Cohen
Robert Frost
Dr Seuss
Tom Clancy

Are just a few examples
>>
>>27463515
I mean people who LITERALLY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING until their 20s. Not people who didn't become recognised until their 20s.
>>
>>27462903
You say this, but you honestly spend more time researching and know more than the average person, it can come off boring, but your not useless. We tend to spend a lot of time of the computer and remember things.
>>
>>27463535
Van Gogh never became recognised in his lifetime and didn't start painting until his late twenties
>>
>>27463535
Those people use to be killed or locked away we are the first generation.
>>
>>27462271
>>27462236
The point is that Syd Barrett was a professional musician before he went insane. But please, run away with it, crumple it up into a ball; just don't acknowledge the truth, whatever you do.
>>
>>27462903
He only made it so far because he was a good songwriter (something which he practiced a lot) and because nirvana was right on the edge of the new mainstream music (grunge).
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.