[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an ideal age difference between partners?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: agediff.jpg (31 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
agediff.jpg
31 KB, 720x480
Is there an ideal age difference between partners?
>>
Same age seems most ideal, since you are most likely to have shared and relatable life experiences and are more likely to die around the same time.
>>
Your age / 2 + 7
It's the Wozniak - Stallman equation
>>
>>27458151
If death around the same age is major concern shouldn't woman be a couple of years older?
>>
Half plus 7 is normally the common ideal
>>
>>27458161
It isn't a huge concern except when compared to couples with larger age differences. If I dated someone much older than myself I would be concerned because there would be a decent chance that I would outlive them significantly. Outliving someone by a few years is less of a concern than outliving them by more than a decade.

If people actually lived the average number of years I might say yes, but we rarely do actually land on that average. Even if the woman was a few years older, the couple still would be unlikely to actually die at the same time. Having the people of the same age just makes it more likely that one person won't be left alive for a long time.
>>
>>27458154
>>27458165
this isn't the equation for an ideal age difference between partners, it is the equation to find the minimum age of a person that you can date that won't be creepy.
>>
in places in europe and asia where it's legal/aoc is 14, is it weird for a early 20 something to date a 14 year old
>>
>>27458242
Usually. Places with AOC laws like that are also usually pretty old fashioned and expect you to be married before having sex or that there will be an arranged marriage or that boys and girls shouldn't spend time together without supervision, etc. The few that are more progressive are also intelligent enough that you will still be viewed as a predator.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.