[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anxiety fag here i just started prozac and ive been pondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
anxiety fag here

i just started prozac and ive been pondering on the bad side affects since theres a lot (aka paranoid as usual, nothing new here). specifically, ive been more afraid of the sexual side affects, sleeping, and the change in physical activity. im currently in an online relationship but my boyfriend is supposed to be moving over in about 5 months. ive considered dropping the medication eventually since the two of us love sex a lot. im just worried that the prozac-induced sexual dysfunction may make us drift apart.

any anons here that take prozac or other anti-depressants too? tell me about how it affected your sex drive, any info is appreciated. i dunno what to do.
>>
I've been on zoloft and effexor before in my life and I've had the sexual side effects from both.

In both cases, orgasms became almost impossible. I need to use a vibrator in order to orgasm. If you struggle to orgasm, get a hitachi magic wand. It helps me cum and I am female and my male partner also used it to orgasm when he was on anti-depressants, so it doesn't matter what kind of junk you have.

It is absolutely worth it to continue on the medication. I have terrible anxiety and my daily life is miserable if I am not medicated. Being able to leave my house is so much more important in my life than being able to masturbate. OP please put your health first.
>>
>>27457979
I'd stick it for Prozac unless it straight out doesn't help. Stay away from Effexor unless you want a nonexistent sex drive (I enjoy having that, since I want numbness). Oh and it's addicting I take 450-600 mg a day even though I'm supposed to be on 150
>>
>>27457979
I've been on prozac since October I think, maybe September. The first 2 weeks my sex drive was low, had no interest in fapping. Then I had a few days where I wanted to but I couldn't cum. Now it's completely back to normal.
>>
why would they give you antidepressants for anxiety?

get a benzo instead
>>
>>27458713
Person who is prescribed both here.

The anti-depressants all also work on anxiety, to different degrees. Some actually deal with anxiety better than they deal with depression.

SSRIs/SSNRIs help the general sense of anxiety that covers you like a blanket through the day. They take the edge off and help you relax during the relaxing times.

The benzos are short term and deal with the big surges of anxiety that become big and wild.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.