[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What stopped you from finishing high school, going to university,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: cat2.jpg (6 KB, 184x200) Image search: [Google]
cat2.jpg
6 KB, 184x200
What stopped you from finishing high school, going to university, getting a degree, getting a job and then leading a normal and slow-paced life?
>>
>>27454464
>still in last year of high school
that would certainly stop me from finishing
>>
File: 1458704294167.jpg (18 KB, 176x255) Image search: [Google]
1458704294167.jpg
18 KB, 176x255
>>27454464
Right now this fucking website is stopping me to do my fucking College assignments.
>>
I tried to kill myself when I was 16 and then just stopped going in.
>>
File: 1457347848308.png (204 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
1457347848308.png
204 KB, 600x468
I look around the college campus I'm on, and everywhere around me are fascists, SJWs, normies, and other overly opinionated assholes. I can't express myself in any way, shape, or form, without having to defend myself from being ostracised by these people. It's slowly chipped away at me until I arrived at the point of being a reclusive and self deprecating cynic. The upside I guess is that no one can hurt you when you've gotten so low you hate yourself and don't care about interacting with people anymore. I'm about at the point of dropping out and working as a shade tree mechanic again.
>>
File: 1435982894473.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1435982894473.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
Crippling mental illness, inability to focus, lack of confidence, etc.
>>
File: killme.png (12 KB, 485x312) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
12 KB, 485x312
best friend died in a car crash on his way to my house

http://www.columbiamagazine.com/index.php?sid=41002

RIP
>>
>>27456116
Basically the same.

Getting on in years and don't really know what to do.
>>
File: wegergh.jpg (9 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
wegergh.jpg
9 KB, 267x181
>>27456150
god damn my eyes just welled up for the first time in a year
>>
>>27454464
knowing that no matter how much I accomplish I'll never actually be satisfied killed my motivation to do anything at all desu senpai
>>
I have no motivation to do anything at all

I have no interest in anything productive

I have no ambition, I'm stupid, and I'm lazy
>>
>>27454464
I did all those thing but I'm just too weird/autistic a guy to have a social life and not driven or smart enough to go anywhere professionally.
>>
>Had to leave the US when i was 16
>Had to live in Pakistan until family found a different place to stay
>Moved to UAE
>Didnt work out so back to Pakistan
>My stomach feels weird
>I have leukemia
>spending a lot of time in the hospital
>by the time i was 18 i'm in remission
>Moved to Italy finally
>Leukemia is back and i'm 19 now.

great.
>>
I can't talk to people normally and I'm a total spaz.
>>
I finished high school, went to university, got a degree, and am STRAIGHT FUCKED SON. AIN'T NO JOBS.
>>
mental illness and an abusive family
>>
i got to stage 4, leading normal slow-paced life is boss mode
>>
being trans
got bullied, stopped going, and now I'm a neet
>>
>>27457044
>I finished high school, went to university, got a degree, and am STRAIGHT FUCKED SON. AIN'T NO JOBS.
This for most of us here the western world is fucked by the greed of boomers.
>>
>>27454464
I got stopped at the job part, because I couldn't handle the amount of self-promotion you have to do to break into the workforce. I'm not a good liar, it makes me really uncomfortable and people can generally tell when I'm lying. That's no good, because I can't convincingly pretend to be the passionate, energetic, enthusiastic, Really Great Guy that you have to be to get past an interview these days.

contributing factor: no internal motivation, only external motivation. I never went to school or applied for jobs because I wanted it, only because I was scared of what other people would think/do if I didn't. If other people aren't berating me for my lack of achievement, I have no motivation. Employers, women, and many other people in life actively select against people like this, everyone wants a go-getting self-starter.
>>
Dropped out when I was 16. Was already pretty isolated before that and had been heavily sheltered my entire life, so bunkering up in my room 24/7 seemed like a logical choice and I didn't desire anything else. Now I'm 22 and on my 6th year of being a NEET and haven't had any social contacts during this time. To my misfortune I recently developed an urge to get laid and now I'm utterly lost in regard to what to do with it because sexuality has been a taboo since I learned to read and I feel like I'm committing a federal crime if I try to hit on someone.
>>
>>27457169
Got any real evidence for feeling like a woman, or just mentally ill?
>>
I got bulled like crazy all through middle and high school. In 10th grade, I realized that I was bigger and stronger than the kids bullying me, and so I'd let them hit me first and then beat the shit out of them.

After a few rounds of that, I got expelled.
>>
>>27454464
>What stopped you from finishing high school, going to university, getting a degree, getting a job and then leading a normal and slow-paced life?

nothing about this is slow paced. there is a shit ton of work in university
>>
>>27457351
there's no reason I should have to prove anything to you but I'll take the bait
>since I was a kid, always played with the girls at school, dolls and pretend with my sister at home
>never related to guys, or anything considered masculine
>felt awkward being grouped with boys and just sort of stayed out of the way
>around the beginning of puberty, start getting intense negative feelings towards my body
>gets worse and worse, try to kill myself twice
>realize I'm trans
>try wearing dresses and makeup and stuff, feelsgood.jpg
>always felt really shy before but I can be myself when I'm in a dress
>go to doctor to talk about it, get a testosterone blocker
>feel a little better on it
>start the long process of getting hormones
>still waiting
>>
>Finishing highschool
Actually, at 22, I just "finished" this year
>going to university
Start that next year
>getting a degree
that's the plan
>getting a job
I've been supporting myself since 17
>normal and slowpaced life
I just shitpost on r9k and play gmod all day. It'ss not bad.
>>
>>27454464
Finished high school. Left college to be with the girl Id marry
>>
Depression, bullying, and the opportunity to drop out and get a job which I obviously fucked up and lost.
>>
i became an alochol who killed his family from the inside
>>
>>27457297
you need to completely disregard religion. Bullshit like original sin and abstinence are stupid ideas rooted in self hatred and closet homosexuality. Go out and try to fuck someone. Don't let people who still think dinosaurs are alive tell you what to do.
>inb4 edgy fedora
>>
>>27457774
Family wasn't even religious desu

I do have a bible on my desk tho
>>
>>27457822
that kind of thinking is still derived from religion. Casual sex isn't really that bad. There are far more people dying from obesity than STIs yet way more anti-sex propaganda
>>
>>27457870
My current goal is to get laid by 2020, wish me luck.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.