[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The end of the internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: M8vON7Y.jpg (218 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
M8vON7Y.jpg
218 KB, 900x1200
We all know websites that have sizeable communities are targeted by different groups to try and dominate discussions, form opinions, etc. But those things all have to be done by humans, which takes time and employees.
As AI gets better we're soon going to have to deal with actual shillbots fucking up the internet. The different hiveminds of the internet will be dominated by different groups that want to box people into certain ways of thinking. The internet will become even more fake. It could get to a point where it's impossible to tell apart a bot from a real person. This is going to happen, if it's not already.

Related thoughts:
Imagine if someone figured out how to harness the power of social media outrage to ruin lives of anyone they choose. The outrage and even events and proof could all be artificial but it becomes real as people take the bait. Imagine something like black lives matter being whipped up over an event that never took place.
Imagine a future where "shadowbanning" extends beyond single websites. You could be partitioned off into an internet curated for you where only bots reside and you would never know.
>>
File: ¦3oobies.jpg (2 KB, 93x126) Image search: [Google]
¦3oobies.jpg
2 KB, 93x126
that's really hot - if you want you can join me in my private cam-chat

you'll have to register on the site with a credit card but it will be totally worth it
>>
>>27454322
Companies already use persona management software to astroturf, but if that becomes automated using AI that learns we are going to be in big trouble. Anything and anyone can be controlled, surveillance is going to be outdated.
>>
>>27454322
Just look for his batteries retard
>>
the end of the internet is a pay for membership forum you jackass. i knew people on it in high school.
>>
>>27454322
>Imagine if someone figured out how to harness the power of social media outrage to ruin lives of anyone they choose
This is already happening. Progressive hivemind leaders know how to whip up a frenzy and get their minions to destroy reputations. They may not have fine control over it but it's enough to be a problem.
>>
a-am I a bot?
>>
>>27454534
you could be for all anyone knows
>>
>>27454445
It affects the right and the left wing. No one is safe from it. Think of crazy old people on facebook, it's insane.
>>
>>27456070
Perhaps, but I can't remember the last time something made national headlines and people lost jobs because of a social media feeding frenzy of petty moral outrage from the right.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.