[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone tried to go without the internet for a week? I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1459044065979.png (25 KB, 507x565) Image search: [Google]
1459044065979.png
25 KB, 507x565
Has anyone tried to go without the internet for a week?

I just remember a time where I could go outside and just simply feel content with just wandering around. Now I spend`over 12 hours a day just glued to a screen and the thought of being without leaves me feeling lost and down, which it shouldn't.

To be honest with you, I can't remember a time where I have just existed in the moment, rather than using these sort of distractions. Even when cooking food, or going to the toilet I will have my laptop with me.

For the first time I feel like maybe a lot of my problems stem from the over-use of the internet.
>>
Usually when I do this I just play video games the whole time
But it's still a nice escape from reality
It's nice to just forget about yourself and everyone else sometimes
>>
>>27453266
Internet addiction and digital hoarding are real, anon. We're digital dopamine cucks
>>
>>27455133
I have a pretty big hoard of unsorted pictures and webms I save here.

I even saved your picture right now, just because it loked cute.
>>
>waaaaah i get to use the best invention from all of human history all day long i wish i could go outside and play with rocks and sticks
>>
Listen y'all because i'm gonna tell ya some philosophy.

Saying that you have no life because you use you computer is a bad way of viewing life. The meaning of life is whatever you want it to be, and if being in front of a computer makes you happy, then you should accept it as being part of your life. The whole point of life is to be happy, and if you want to spend all day in front of a screen, then go ahead.

And for all of those people who say it's a waste of time, couldn't the same be said for sports? I mean, it isn't really changing our world in any way while computers have changed us in multiple ways...
>>
>>27453266
If you feel like you're addicted to your computer then stop using it so often. If you feel like.you need to be outside more then go outside. Even if its just a 10 minute walk. Listen to your body. Its not the internet, its YOU
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.