[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do homeless people drink so much alcohol when it's so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: ritsuko bikini 3.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ritsuko bikini 3.png
1 MB, 1280x720
why do homeless people drink so much alcohol when it's so expensive?
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 427x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 427x427
>>27452067
$10 for a handle of vodka isn't that much desu
>>
File: 1458153018688.jpg (149 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1458153018688.jpg
149 KB, 530x600
>>27452067
I can buy a six pack here for under 4 dollars, and a 30 pack for under 15. It's not like they drink top shelf liquor or anything.
>>
They drink 40s and vodka
>>
>>27452067

It helps you sleep out in the cold at night

Also, alcohol + mental illness is the reason they are homeless. If they cleaned up, they'd probably be able to establish themselves.

There are plentiful homeless shelters and food available in America. If you see a dirty homeless person, they are that way because they choose to be

Most overnight shelters will not let you in if you are drunk/high. So they choose to sleep outdoors so that they can drink and smoke crack

They are mentally ill. Simple and unfortunately, impossible to solve. Give them an apartment with a shower and they will destroy it. Give them money to live and they will drink themselves to death
>>
>>27452067
1. Alcohol really isn't that expensive, cheap shit is cheap shit. How do you think college kids get wasted?
2. Alcohol and drug use is usually attributed to an attempt of escapism from one's realty. Better to be drunk/happy and homeless than just homeless ya?
>>
>>27452289
Going to a homeless shelter is a good way for all your shit to get jacked by someone.
>>
>>27452067
Literally the cheapest drug and one of the best for eliminating certain feels
>>
>>27452323

Okay. But very few capable, sober people are permanently homeless. So that's all the proof you need. Permanently homeless people are 99.9% drug addicted or severely mentally ill. We are doing more than enough for them
>>
Homebums (people who stay in one place) are addicts who would sell a kidney for a fix.
Vagrants (or "travellers" as they call themselves) make decent cash and dumpster dive for food anyway so they can afford pay as you go minutes and all the drugs they could possibly want.
>>
They also tend to make drinks like "sidewalk slammers"

buy a 4loko (yes the caffeine free kind works) and a fo'ty, probably steel reserve

drink a bit of the 40 and pour the 4loko in there

it's cheap, it tastes alright and it getcha drunk.
>>
>>27452289
Homeless shelters are more dangerous than sleeping in an alley.
>>
they have nothing to lose. life won't get better if they were to save up a little bit of money. they tend to think on a day to day basis otherwise life would be unbearable.
>>
>>27452227
Where do you live robot? Where is this oasis of cheap beer?
>>
>>27452419
In my country, rich people pay the cops to make them disappear. It increases property values. My shit country can deal with the homeless, why can't yours? :^)
>>
>>27452688
>Where is this oasis of cheap beer?

You mean shit beer. Check the clearance section of any liquor store ever.
>>
You buy cheap booze to get somewhere else, you buy expensive booze to enjoy it.
>>
>>27452067
Life: It's not for everyone!
>>
>>27452850
The cheapest I can get beer around here is like $6 for a 6 pack.
>>
>>27452969
Is like less than 50 cents a can at Costco if you buy the big case
>>
>>27452969
>6 pack

Buy single 24oz cans. Big brands like Budweiser or Coors are like $2 and change.
>>
>>27452067
because they're basically what unwanted children become. When your parents don't want kids but don't have an abortion you grow to become a shitty degenerate of an adult. Abortions and better sex education would get rid of a lot of homelessness but the religious right says god will strike you with lightning if you do it
>>
>>27453068
>6 12 oz beers for $6 or $1 a beer
>3 24 oz beers for "$2 and some change" a beer

Anon with your option I'm getting the same amount of alcohol but paying more.
>>
>>27453160

I said big brands are $2 and change. Shitty beers are even less than that. I found some awhile ago that were $1.25 each.
>>
mouth wash is easy to shoplift
>>
>>27452067
>its not
>it makes them feel warm since they have no shelter
>they get drunk easier because they have poor nutrition
>its the only thing they have to live for
pick any
>>
>>27453089

That's not how mental illness works, anon.
>>
File: dogface.jpg (64 KB, 718x960) Image search: [Google]
dogface.jpg
64 KB, 718x960
>>27452067
they're too poor to be smart
>>
>>27452067
They only drink the foulest, cheapest swill there is (mostly malt liquor and fortified wine) and have no bills to pay.
>>
To feed their addiction. That's their priority. Food and shelter come after staving off withdrawal. That's just how the human mind works when it forms a dependency on something.

Also what anime is that pic from,
OP?
>>
>>27454790
Not him but I'm pretty sure that's an Idolm@ster girl.
>>
You can beg 10 bucks a day no problem even if you're really autistic. You can go pick the cans out of people's recycling too because it's technically not stealing. $5 a day will easily keep you fucked up around the clock. A pint of cheap vodka here is a little over $5.
>>
Don't know man. I don't understand homeless people. In 5th grade I had to write an advice letter to a younger student and I told them to do good in school so they could get a good job and not be homeless. My teacher read it and scolded me about how it's not their fault that theyre homeless and blah blah blah
>>
>>27452067
How do people even become homeless? Don't they have family they can live with even in the worst of times? Are they all estranged from thier family? I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>27452067
All that disposable income without mortgage payments to worry about.
>>
>>27452688
>>27452850
>>27452969

I live in a very rural area in the south. I don't have to buy clearance beer, but at the same time I'm not opposed to drinking Milwaukee's Best or Genessee.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.