[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anybody follow The World Chess Championship? Right now F
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Fabiano Caruana.jpg (1 MB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
Fabiano Caruana.jpg
1 MB, 1500x2000
Is anybody follow The World Chess Championship?

Right now Fabaino Caruana of The U. S. is tied for the lead of the candidates tournament. He's tied with Karjakin who he's playing tomorrow at 3:00 p. m. Moscow time or 8:00 a m. E. D. T.

The winner will play Magnus Calsen in November for the championship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship_2016
http://moscow2016.fide.com/#score

If Caruana wins he'll be the first U. S. champion since Fischer in '72.
>>
Do you think he will win, OP?
>>
>>27450852
>ad o

Do you think anyone cares, OP?
Go jump off a cliff you fucking nerds
>>
File: player-detail-51.jpg (80 KB, 228x347) Image search: [Google]
player-detail-51.jpg
80 KB, 228x347
No but I religiously follow professional DotA.

EG is fucking dead.
>>
>>27450357
kek, the only reason USA has any good chess players is murrica citizenship

2270 elo reporting in
>>
>>27450852
I'm rooting for him, but IDK if he will. I'm from The U. S. so I was hoping Nakamura or Caruana would win the right to challenge Carlsen, and I forgot about it until today when I saw Caruana is in contention for the win.
>>
File: 1312417993835.jpg (24 KB, 155x202) Image search: [Google]
1312417993835.jpg
24 KB, 155x202
>>27450908
>tfw puppey fanboy
>>
>>27450357
Yeah, I follow all top level chess pretty seriously.

Unfortunately, Karjakin only has to draw with white, so it's not looking good.
>>
>>27450357
>Fabaino Caruana of The U. S
Why is his name under Italy?
>>
>>27450357
Who the fuck cares about chess?
The whole game is a meme
>>
File: putin_medvedev.jpg (49 KB, 360x470) Image search: [Google]
putin_medvedev.jpg
49 KB, 360x470
>>27450357
>If Caruana wins
>>
lol you fags still watch this baby game? its literally all memorization. you could literally have a computer print out all possible moves, bring it with you to the match, and beat the shit out of a grandmaster.
DOTA on the other hand requires real skill. there are literally infinite possible ways the game can play out.
>>
File: Fabiano-Caruana.jpg (37 KB, 520x297) Image search: [Google]
Fabiano-Caruana.jpg
37 KB, 520x297
>>27450990
If Caruana and Karjakin draw and Anand defeats Svidler then Caruana will get the tie breaks since Caruana defeated Anand and Anand defeated Karjakin (and Karjakin got the second tie breaks of wins against Caruana.) http://worldchess.com/2016/03/27/tie-breaker-rules-karjakin-or-caruana-will-win-the-candidates/

A win with Black is uncommon, but it's already happened 2 or 3 times in this tournament and it can happen again if a player is really pushing for it.

>>27451027
Caruana was born and raised in The U. S. but he switched is federation to Italy when he moved to Europe, but he has since moved back and switched is federation back as well.
>>
>>27451092
Unless your opponent falls for a trap, opening theory only gives the player who knows the theory a slight advantage, usually the amount of a pawn (a real pawn) or some development. There are so many ways to play non-book moves that it's literally impossible to remember or even study how to exploit a mistake in the opening. Usually you just remember what you're suppose to play, and once your opponent plays something else you're not exactly sure what you can get away with in response.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.