[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was your Easter? Did you go to church just in case God is real?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13
File: happy easter.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
happy easter.gif
1 MB, 480x270
How was your Easter? Did you go to church just in case God is real?
>>
Until I saw your post, it didn't even occur to me that today was Easter
>>
>>27450269
I didn't, but I made a sacrifice.
>>
>>27450269
I like your image :)

I'm a Christian but I didn't go to church :/
>>
>>27450585
Same, but this was my b-day weekend and I was out of town. Besides Easter is kinda stupid.
>>
I worked today, got OT pay
>>
>>27450738
How is Easter stupid though?
I just don't go to church because I have really bad anxiety

Also happy birthday :)
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (4 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
4 KB, 268x188
>>27450269
I went
The lack of reverance was disappointing
>>27450585
>>27450738
Disgusting
Even the most degenerate of cultural Christians show up to mass to celebrate the Resurrection
>>
>>27450812
Thanks Anon.
I mean the whole egg hunt thing is stupid not the resurrection thing. Easter was made up by Catholics to get the Pagans to join.
>>
>>27450828
Hey man, I wasn't planning on missing out but my brothers made me. And besides like I said it's a dumb tradition. It's like St.Patty's day, only Catholics and some other branches celebrate that shit.
>>
>>27450884
>only Catholics and some other branches celebrate that shit.
That's the majority of Christians
There's more Catholics than every other denomination put together and Orthodox are the second largest with 300,000,000 members
Either way Protestants don't understand history anyway
>>
>needing to go to a church to experience God
besides, my anxiety and (lack of) social skills make it pointless.
>>
>>27450943
I ment that some branches celebrate St.Patty's day faggot. And really so what, I don't care man. I go on /r9k/ and /b/, I know I'm going to hell fo sho.
>>
File: 1457398000295.jpg (673 KB, 2281x1576) Image search: [Google]
1457398000295.jpg
673 KB, 2281x1576
>>27450948
>tfw you will never experience the divine
>tfw you will never have faith

all we have is trump
>>
>>27451001
It's never too late to turn back to God entirely anon
Don't throw salvation away because you feel unworthy
Remember the story of the prodigal son
>>
>>27450948
I know what you mean, but I go and people like me (or at least pretend to), I hate going sometimes but I just do. Also you should go to church gives you positive reinforcement.
>>
>>27451132
It's not about turning my back, I just know that when he comes or when I die I'll be on a fucking loli or stupid thread, shitposting like always
>>
>>27450844
I got you. Yeah the whole spectacle surrounding it is pretty despicable. But the actual meaning of it is pretty great and probably the most important thing/holiday related to Christianity
>>
File: 1458521622314.jpg (141 KB, 564x600) Image search: [Google]
1458521622314.jpg
141 KB, 564x600
I didn't go, I was on airplanes all day. I don't think the lord needs me to go to church to know that I serve him.
I did spend some part of today thinking about my heretical past, and thinking about how far I've come and that I wish people in my life would see the light.
>>
>>27451001
>browsing /b/
Jesus died for your sins of browsing a shit board anon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y281553XUAA

>>27451064
God is experienced in good things like music, trees, cute animals, and chocolate.

>>27451149
I loved my old church but I suck too much with people to fit into a new one. How big is your church? Some of my family go to churches with hundreds of people.
>>
>>27450828
Please don't judge me man. You don't k ow my life or situation. I know you mean well and I wish I could just bee myself and go to church but it's hard for certain reasons

I will man up and start going one day though
>>
File: s.jpg (35 KB, 456x342) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
35 KB, 456x342
> Used to always get Easter baskets as a child
> Would always paint eggs with the family and go look for them
> Time passes, life happens
> Only "family" left is myself and my mother
> Spend Easter dinner listening to my mother cry because she's starting to lose her hair
>>
>>27451290
I go to a small church maybe 50 people, I'm still allowed in youth cause I'm 18 but that doesn't change the fact that I'm a beta. I still don't talk to people there its just hey God bless and how are you brother anon. That's really it, besides how are you other brothers anon, oh you know college stuff. Also my parents go to my church.
yes I still live with them, no not a NEET still in highschool.
Failed a grade because I wasn't mentally stable.
>>
For Easter I had dinner with a family member I've had difficult relations with and nearly cut all contact with permanently.
I like being able to not make it a permanent fuck you situation it's nice to enjoy that we can get along temporarily even though it just reminds me of how much I need to cut contact with them anyway and what I need to do to accomplish that so I don't get stuck in situations that put a strain on that unnecessarily.
I appreciate they cooked so I bit my tongue that they cooked ham. A fucking ham for Easter. They even went to fucking catholic school for years I mean jesus fucking christ it's right there in the front of the book don't eat THAT. But it is the thought that counts and they put a lot of effort into it even though they were not feeling well. Would of been more rude than necessary to bring it up or reject it.
>>
>>27451423
I sincerely hope you don't think dietary restrictions are a Christian thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r2m_cffRjI
>>
I went to church as usual but it just made me sad and mad at my own degenerate life like always
>>
>>27451463
>>27451423
Yea man, unless you're like a Jehovah's witness then you should know
>>
>>27451387
That sounds like my old church. It was small too. I tried another small church. Eventually the main pastor got cancer and passed away. But I never really fit there even when he was alive. I'm 26 so I felt very awkward about being a loser NEET.
>>
>>27451463
>I meet a fellow viewer of Lutheran Satire on 4chan
What are we doing here, brother?
>>
>>27451527
tbf I'm not a Lutheran
And I was here before I became a Catholic
>>
nah i pigged the fuck out
>>
>>27451546
I'm a Baptist, but I like Hans's work.
>>
>>27451526
Understandable, tbqh I'm probably gonna end up a NEET, I have no drive for anything anymore.
>>
>>27451494
that's a good thing though. You might not be able to become completely pure or maybe not even as "normal" as the average person, but at least you realize the mistakes you make and maybe you can slowly try to improve yourself :)
>>
File: 1455632576232.jpg (262 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455632576232.jpg
262 KB, 1280x1080
>>27451591
>try to improve yourself
The problem is that I don't try
>>
>>27451579
Another thing is the secondary pastor gave a speech about how being gay is immoral and we needed to stop putting up with it. Anyways, we can always listen to Christian music at our homes. Maybe you'll surprise yourself and make something of yourself anon.
>>
>>27451560
I like watching his videos with Anglican guys
>>
>>27451682
>>27451560
*with the Anglican
>>
>>27451678
I don't listen to Christian music, I don't know why man. Like I used to when I was like 16 but now it's like heavy metal and shit. And being gay is immoral; however, I hold no prejudice. We're not supposed to judge, we're supposed to love the sinner and hate the sin. That's all, that's why I don't talk to people.
>>
>How was your Easter?
It was good. Ate a great home cooked meal with family.

>Did you go to church
Nope
>>
>>27451736
Favorite band name is Judas Priests (ironically), lead singer is gay but is better than shitty Freddy Mercury.
>>
>>27450269
>Slight hangover, ate some chocolate, regretted it
>Went on 4chan
>>
File: 1453173699045.jpg (16 KB, 320x297) Image search: [Google]
1453173699045.jpg
16 KB, 320x297
I went. Was raised Catholic but have recently gotten completely apathetic towards my religion and just about everything. Talked to my long time friend about it who is still a practicing Catholic and he encouraged me to go.

So I did. And today I've simply been wallowing in my rage ever since. I'm pissed off, I'm in a job I don't want to be, 1200 miles from home with no friends, no girlfriend, and no real meaning to life. I'm fucking raging.
>>
File: i'm not lion, it's the toof.jpg (79 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
i'm not lion, it's the toof.jpg
79 KB, 600x450
>>27451736
>We're not supposed to judge,

k, you're misunderstanding what Jesus was saying in Matthew 7
> 1. Do not judge and criticize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves.
> 2. For just as you judge and criticize and condemn others, you will be judged and criticized and condemned, and in accordance with the measure you [use to] deal out to others, it will be dealt out again to you.

... it's not that Christians are to be withold judgement on moral issues, and then indiscriminately accept every behaviour such as wife-beating or child molestation

instead, Jesus is warning everyone who follows Him not to be overly critical and harsh in using their judgement - else they will be judged just as harshly

also
> we're supposed to love the sinner and hate the sin.

m8, it was Ghandhi who said that - stick to the words of Christ otherwise you're gonna get lost in all kinds of nicey-nicey platitudes
>>
>>27452044
True about the Gandhi; that's not what I meant about all those other sins. God is the God of vengeance who punishes, so in that we must preach against it and from there each their own freewill. Also M8 why are you trying to disagree with me.
>>
File: 1438689678164.png (98 KB, 250x221) Image search: [Google]
1438689678164.png
98 KB, 250x221
>>27450269
skipped out on meat for the day

>dont know if god is real
>would prefer if he was
>i hope he is

anything else is being edgy
>>
>>27452307
>Also M8 why are you trying to disagree with me.

because you quoted Oprah Winfrey with her 'christians aren't supposed to judge' stuff - which is a direct contradiction of Christ's words which command His followers to use their judgement wisely

many people are using the 'don't judge me, only god can judge me' line to shut down anyone who calls them on sin, but as representatives of Christ, the Christian is given direct orders by their King to call out immorailty and warn of the death it leads to

so when you repeated verbatim what a lot of unbelievers are using to get themselves out of arguments, i thought it necessary to warn you of the trap that many modern believers fall into; listening to the falsely interpreted theology of the secular world rather than the commands of the Lord

tl;dr i was judging you
>>
>>27452577
You act like I watch Joel Osteen on the TV and shit. I fucking hate that liberal B.s. in reality I'm more of a /pol/itics guy (w/o stump the Trump). Literally Oprah is like you can go to heaven by being good once, no you can't. It takes hard work, hard work I can't even do.
>>
>>27452673
Literally getting mad cause you probably think I go to like Celebration Super liberal atheist churches.
>>
>>27452673
Lend your heart to the Lord and what seems like hard work will be but natural instincts.
It's not about going to church or leading a youth group. It's about being righteous and helping those who have unjust done upon them when possible.
>>
File: image.png (155 KB, 324x284) Image search: [Google]
image.png
155 KB, 324x284
I just ate my own cum if that counts
>>
I slept in and then took my teenage gf to an empty parking lot to practice driving for a few hours. That's really the only interesting part of my day. It was just masturbating and playing video games other than that.
>>
I had dinner with my parents for the first time in 4 months.

We live together.
>>
>>27450269
No. If god is real, I'm content with going to hell. I wouldn't want to be near such an demon. In fact, god and the devil are likely the same entity if they exist.
>>
parents had relatives over, I dressed nice and came down once in a while to say hi or get beer, I spent most of the day in my room playing Doom 2 though so it was pretty good in that sense...
>>
parents made easter baskets for me and my siblings. i got 20 dollars and some candy.
>>
>>27452673
nah m8, i'm acting like someone who sees another caught in the vicious little trap of regurgitating secular philosophy and wants to help them shake it off

if i thought you were in love with having YOUR BEST LIFE NOW i wouldn't even bother engaging ya

also;
>>27452747
if you know the scriptures you'll know that anger isn't always a bad thing - in fact it's right to be angry when we see folks destroying themselevs and others in self-gratifying evil - only that when a believer is angry, they aren't to sin and give the devil a foothold
~ Eph 4:26

personally i think it's a good sign that you're angry, cos you don't want to feel numbered amongst those who capitulate to the worldly wisdom of WoF preachers

but y'know chill... if i'd wanted to srsly rek ya, you'd be rekt - this is me being nice
>>
I went to work, my GF's transportation hub home was near my work, so I drove her home and got candy out of it. Overall a good day.
>>
>>27452805
Man, its so hard for guys like me. All I've ever known is the church so I never had an encounter like my dad or mom and its like I've felt it before but something got a hold of me, whether it be demons or my own body I just can't escape it. Everytime I try I end up on some rekt thread laughing my pains away. I don't feel it anymore and it makes me feel like shit. I know that God hasn't abandoned me its just I've become numb; cold.
>>27452953
Also theres a difference between riotous anger and bad (don't know the word in English I go to Spanish church(not Catholic)) anger. Jesus got angry when they we're selling (I think it was birds or something) in the temple.
>>
File: 2010-04-06_101703_Skeletons.jpg (227 KB, 600x839) Image search: [Google]
2010-04-06_101703_Skeletons.jpg
227 KB, 600x839
My god is a 12 year old with leukemia that is going to save the white race

Too busy for easter mass
>>
>>27452947
Also that's sounds like your underage pal. If you are get B& son. If not you made it sound like you're underaged so also get B& (not reporting you, I'm no white knight)
>>
>>27453069
im 19 and still live with my parents. i'm going to community college.
>>
>>27453144
>not reporting
>just messing with you
>is 18 and still goes to highschool
Chill m8
>>
File: platitudes are dumb.png (437 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
platitudes are dumb.png
437 KB, 600x600
>>27453023
okay, if english isn't your first language i'll understand your confusion - i'm maybe not conveying my tone accurately through this text, so i'll say it really clearly...

I

AM

BEING

NICE

now it's pretty obvious that you're feeling a bit condemned by my words - as if i'm judging you harshly

i didn't, because you really did have a misunderstandign of Christ's command in Matthew 7

but you've read far too much into my disagreement with your understanding of Matthew 7 - and feel that i'm attacking you for being a big old conman like Joel

i'm not attacking you, i'm giving someone who looks like they're on the same side as me a warning about a big old trap that i would hate to see them fall into

as i said earlier, if i thought you were one of the 'Health & Wealth' folks, i wouldn't have spent any energy talking to you

now little man, chill the flip out or i'm gonna come over there and give you a big hug
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.