[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people younger than you who are accomplished athletes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: JUST.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>There are people younger than you who are accomplished athletes, musicians, artists and actors
>They all started when they were 5 or 6
>Even if you have the raw potential that they do, even with hard, daily practice, you'll be 50 or 60 in the time it would take to get to their level

JUST
>>
>>27448757
The world is geared towards normies who discovered their passions while they were still toddlers.

There is no room in this world for people who struggle in childhood. If you don't find your true calling by age 13, you're doomed.
>>
>>27448757
Nah, athletes maybe, but artists/musicians/actors nope. I can play guitar 1000 better than that fuckface beiber. Child actors are by and large terrible and most visual artists that start that young are savants that burn out by their 20th birthday.
>>
>>27449681
>but artists/musicians/actors nope

The vast majority of artists/musicians/actors began their craft while they were still children.

No one who began learning a skill after the age of 16 has become world renowned and successful in that skill.
>>
>>27448757
Not really, we are just lazy even if we started early we would not practice as much. I wish I had started my shit early on. I had nobody tell me I should start doing something I liked really early and shit. The only thing I am really proud of is starting learning english early on. It just feels good to know it while most of my friends struggle with it. If I ever become uncle I am gonna tell those damn kids to pick something they like and start practicing, they'll thank me later.
>>
>>27449823
>even if we started early we would not practice as much

No. We are lazy because no one encouraged us to do anything when we were young.

While other children where being urged on by their parents and by society to learn an instrument/sing/act in a school performance, we were literally not being told to do ANYTHING. As a result we did nothing but play video games and, eventually, browse the internet. Both of which are quite possibly the most useless ""skills"" in the entire universe. So while 90% of normalfags have interesting hobbies and experience to recount, we have absolutely nothing except "I played Pokemon a lot when I was 10".

>tfw you will do nothing meaningful with your life EVER, all because you were dealt a shit hand and not encouraged to do develop any hobbies as a child
>>
>>27448757
Picasso started getting gud at 27 yo.
Miley Cyrus turned into a slut, squandering an entire childhood of acting/singing classes.
It is never too late
>>
>>27448757
Athletes do train from really young, but becoming a great musician, artist, and actor is usually a combination of luck and raw talent.
>>
>>27449740
Oh really. Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, James Dean, Marlon Brando, and Audrey Hepburn. Those are just actors. I could list many more, but the fact is it is never too late to start. You'll never go anywhere if you don't try.
>>
>>27449740
citation fucking needed
>>
>>27449973
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Picasso
>Picasso showed a passion and a skill for drawing from an early age.

And Miley Cyrus was talented and famous from a VERY young age.

>>27449974
Perhaps. But there are no famous musicians/actors/artists who didn't start AT ALL until adulthood.
>>
>>27450001
Johnny Depp was talented as a musician before turning his hand to acting, and so he was well used to the climate of success

James Dean and Marlon Brando acted as children/teenagers.

Not sure about Audrey Hepburn/Brad Pitt.
>>
>>27450175
They were never major stars or anything. Jesus you guys make excuses for being lazy sacks of shit all damn day. Take some fucking initiative in your life.
>>
>>27448757
>dicked around a few years after college
>work at a vet office for a while
>operate sometimes
>fall in love with surgery
>first year of med school
>tfw 28 and every peer is like 22
I'll be well into my 30's by the time I am a real surgeon
>>
>>27450255
>They were never major stars

That's not the point. They developed the skills from a very young age, which meant by the time they did come into the public eye, they were already proficient.

Anyone who starts learning music/acting/art in their 20s or older will be mediocre at best, and will certainly NEVER be recognised for their achievements. The only way to be successful in a skill is to work at it from childhood onwards, and unfortunately no one told us that was necessary while we were still children.
>>
It hurts to read about people that did amazing things when they were very young. It only helps me realize just how incompetent I truly am.
>>
There's no excuse for not learning to do all these things you want to do right now. If you truly want to be an actor, or musician, or artist, then you will have to put in a lot of work to become talented.

I'll admit, it is easier for some people to just pick up something and become good at it. You'll definitely have to put in a lot more work than some child prodigy, but the amount of work is never enough that you should just not bother.
>>
>>27450896
People start learning to be actors/artists/musicians when they're 11/12 and it takes them until their 20s to be even halfway decent.

If we start learning in our 20s, we'll be in our late 30s/40s before we're actually good. And by then there's no point.
>>
>>27450985
Why is there no point by then? Being good at something in my 40s seems a lot better than being good at nothing.
>>
>>27451143
Because no one pays attention to a talented 40 year old, unless they were already talented in their 20s.

Face it, in order to be successful you have to find your talents in your teens. If you're late to the party you'll always be a straggler.
>>
>>27450985
Not who you replied to.

What a pathetic excuse to not try. You'll let age determine what's worth doing? If you want it, do it. The joy of accomplishment is your reward for the work you put in, why should it matter that in this scenario you wouldn't have as long a career as others? Continue thinking the way you do and you'll waste your last breath speaking regrets.
>>
> 22
> Go to high school in well-off suburb of NYC
> Token poor kid
> Graduated alongside a semi-successful comedian, a cable TV actress, a semi-famous chef, and two semi-famous music producers
> Countless other classmates got GOAT-tier jobs simply because of contacts their parents had
> One classmates' father created a position at their company specifically for his daughter
> She gets paid $80K a year to make small talk with clients and update the company's Facebook page
>>
accepting the existence of prodigies is something everyone has to accept
luckily i'm not very competitive and only do things because i wanna have fun
if i'm good enough at something to have fun than that's good enough for me
i really do feel for those suckers who want to be the best at something yet aren't prodigies
i suggest suicide desu
>>
>>27451189
If all you care about is people paying attention to you, then fuck right off. You should learn something because you enjoy it, not just for success.
>>
File: Hbvqsyr.jpg (71 KB, 474x728) Image search: [Google]
Hbvqsyr.jpg
71 KB, 474x728
I'm 16 currently. What should I start doing right now so that I'm pretty good at it in a few years? I'm pretty interested in music production, but I'm open minded to all things. I'm also a highschool dropout (getting GED soon) so I have pretty much all the time in the world. Any tips robos? Is guitar worth it?

>inb4 MODS!!. I'm trying to get banned from this place anyway
>>
>I'm going to complain about how people are better than me instead of just trying to be good at something
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.