[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, I am a member of the British Psychological Society and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Work.jpg (107 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Work.jpg
107 KB, 800x600
Hello, I am a member of the British Psychological Society and we are currently in the early stages of an intensive study that, to put it simply, pertains to a socially-isolated and withdrawn lifestyle. We are studying individuals mainly between 18-30 years old and our goal is to measure the many societal and economical effects that this will have in the near future.

We are working closely with other bodies of government here in the UK, as well as those overseas, and have already thus far built up a strong but objective amount of data relating to the issue. In this post, as a supervisor with a deadline later this week where I will have to present my findings to a board of directives (if I'm going to be honest), I hope to find a true representation of the individuals that our intensive work is concerning. I wish to gain a deeper and more personal understanding of the thoughts, processes and phenomenon to hopefully aid in giving more insight into the data we have collected so far.

If you are an individual between 18-30 years old and live a socially-isolated and withdrawn lifestyle, please explain why in the following comments.

Thank you,
-D.C.
>>
>>27448676
cuz ur moms gay

Thanks ;)
>>
Nigga it's 1 AM in Britain what are you on
>>
GET. OUT. NORMIE. INSTITUTION.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>27448676
Fuck my foot pussy daddy
>>
>>27448676
pls tell davcam
>cut bennies
>fuck lefties
>eliminate deficit
That's why you got elected
>>
>>27448676
>stopping at age 30
It only gets worse. The wizard powers aren't real.
>>
>>27448676
fuck off you gay wad
>>
>>27448710
I expected responses such as this, as I used to visit this site many, many years ago - future commenters, please refrain from posts like these.

>>27448729
I have drank many energy drinks and espresso shots as I finish the final touches to my presentation, which I mentioned in the first post. I have been working since 8am with only minimal breaks intervening.
>>
Because the Jews are a duplicitous, vampiric, reptilianoid race of shapeshifting high functioning autistic Gypsies who orchestrated 9/11 to destabilize the Middle East, resulting in the current migrant crisis as the next phase of their vast conspiracy to enact global white genocide.
>>
>>27448787
Can you please explain?

The other comments do not provide me with much material to proceed with.
>>
>>27448676
>>27448802
>work.jpg

Honestly just fuck off.
>>
File: 1454930443727.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1454930443727.gif
1 MB, 268x274
I don't get it, if you already have your data why do you need our input? If you don't, why are you presenting findings to a board of directives?
You're really fucking with my reading comprehension.
>>
>>27448856
I am on my new laptop in a hotel around 20km from the place the presentation I am working on, that is to take place in the week. Google images is the best that I can do.
>>
>1am on easter sunday
>>
I live in London I can come give you a proper interview providing you are a girl and will pay me with physical affection (sustained hugging will suffice)
>>
>survey on an anonymous siberian asphalt collecting board
>scientific study

choose one.
>>
File: OUT.jpg (2 MB, 2976x2176) Image search: [Google]
OUT.jpg
2 MB, 2976x2176
>>27448676
NO NORMIES IN MY POOL
>>
>>27448907
We have data that is mostly collected by computers and, forgive me for being animated here, bullshit objective stats as a result of dealing with dumbass lawyers and typical corporate shit. I hope to present my work, which I have spent many hours and, as a result, gained a very strong attachment to - in a more accurate and authentic manner.
>>
File: fefe.jpg (45 KB, 450x470) Image search: [Google]
fefe.jpg
45 KB, 450x470
Hi OP. I'm actually really interested in this subject as well. I often dream of becoming financially stable and spending my days studying psychology in the library. Personally, the reason I am socially isolated is because you're a gay faggot and I hope you fuck off forever, you buttfucking dumbshit normie, get the fuck out.
>>
The best explanation is that I struggle with being outward. If someone talks to me first or invites me out, then I'm fine. But I am unable to initiate things even with people I know well. I feel like initiating contact is seen as unwarranted and unwanted written coming from me.

My social interactions rely entirely on the extroversion of others.
>>
>>27448676
You kidding me? I dont know what you expect to find here... Just read the other threads and you have it
>>
>looking for scientific input on an anonymous mongolian cave painting board
>at 1 AM
>on a sunday

Explain.
>>
>>27449034
Thank you for your honest response. I will certainly take this into consideration for my task but, as a human being, I also hope you find a way to resolve your situation.

This may come from the fact that I have experienced similar feelings to those. Even now that I make a low six figure income and have defeated the battle of being an introvert, the memory is always still there. Sometimes it is hard being a Psychologist and coming across people I can relate with even in the most minor of ways.
>>
>>27449048
Please see the aforementioned.

>>27448802
>>
>>27448676
Not real. There's no way this passed an ethics board review. You have literally no safeguards in play to protect data, nor is this even remotely a good way to do a survey of this nature unless you want to be laughed at by academics. Go role play somewhere else kid.
>>
I'll tell you why.

I was always excluded. It didn't matter who I was talking to or trying to get along with, they were having none of it. It was this way all the way through primary, and much the same through high school. I developed an attitude to keep to myself and just coast along, get whatever grades I needed to inspire some short moment of happiness in those I felt I owed it to, and spend my days in solitary entertainment. Sure, I met a few guys I could get along with in the bigger and more social environment that high school provides, but they cut me off online halfway through sixth form and doubtless will leave me for good when I finish here.

Adults like to think they can force relationships, because children are impressionable and easy to manipulate. This solution never works, and never will work - people move close to eachother based on far more than interests alone, with ideals, philosophies, intelligence, articulation, attitude and several other factors besides coming into play. It's like electrons and protons fostering bonds to make a molecule, and as people change in these areas they bond and break with different types of people.

Some would believe that it is the person's own decision that places them in their circumstances, but that is like expecting a battery hen to escape its cage by will alone. It is our environment, our societies, our families, our friends, our governments, our infrastructures, or lack thereof in any of these categories that foster our desire for change, and allow us to go about our transformation into the people we become tomorrow. In some cases, even our physiques come into play.
>>
>>27448676
i assume its bait but whatever

I am a shut in because there is nothing for me out there. I can't relate to people, I don't enjoy being around people and people don't enjoy being around me.

I don't enjoy being a shut in either but I feel...nothing while doing it. Outside I always feel like garbage.
>>
File: theory.jpg (28 KB, 290x372) Image search: [Google]
theory.jpg
28 KB, 290x372
>>27448676
are you working with a university or hospital in particular? I frequent a lot of boards on this site very regularly, and have always been interested in studying it in a systematic way

if you work in a university, OP, you might want to talk to someone in the compsci or informatics school about making an XML parser to look at word frequency and similar in an automated way - I've heard of people doing things like that before, and it certainly is possible to build one.

On a non-work related note, what boards did you used to browse? Be honest.
>>
File: 1237834317654.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1237834317654.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>>27449761
and not just for OP's sake, as I'd hope they are familiar with this already, but here are some links journal articles studying this site that you other robots might find interesting. OP, if you haven't read these, then maybe they will give you some inspiration, or at least pad out your presentation and make it look like you did your homework and informal surveys gathered on here aren't complete and utter garbage.

- http://www.aaai.org/ocs/index/ICWSM/ICWSM11/paper/viewFile/2873/4398
- http://web.mit.edu/comm-forum/mit7/papers/Saklofske%20MIT7%20Paper.pdf
- http://arxiv.org/pdf/1006.5305.pdf

I didn't skimp on you cunts either, those are quality links to .pdf's behind no bullshit paywalls, so fuckin educate yourselves and read something.
>>
>>27448676

To put it simply, money.

Sure I am somewhat introverted, and would have a below average social life anyway, but poverty severely limits my choices for social activity.
>>
>>27448676

FUCK YOU NORMIE GET OFF MY BOARD

REEE
REEEEEEE

REEEEEEEEE

NIGGER-WORSHIPPING JEWISH COCK SUCKER

YOU'RE A NIGGER WORSHIPPER
>>
Yeah OP this whole presentation seems poorly thought out. Unless your plan was to present comment after comment of "NIGGER JEW FAGGOT".

Seriously though, I'm the way I am due to my own incompetence. I had a troubled childhood, and gave up in middle school. Since then I've been alone.
>>
>>27448676
If I was at least 6 feet tall, I'd be socially okay.
But because I'm 5'7", my life is fucked.
>>
>>27448676
>britcucks
Lol im willing to wager that you are either a shitskin or a cuck fag.
>>
How about give us money and we won't bother (see: kill) you?
>>
>>27448676
Words make me hard.
If I could spend 1 US$ per 112,688,142,116,809,732,445,221,800 nanoangstroms in each book, Terry Pratchet would have enough money to be king and queen of Mars in a biannually refreshed 2 dimensional prism pocket universe created with the contraception of King Knut in the year of our lord Terry Pratchet 77116622 divided by the power of greyskull used as a maximum overcombulation towards greater maximization.
I would be so hard.
>>
>>27451242
You mad manlet?
>>
It's because I constantly am made to feel like I am not good enough for anyone. The love of my life left me, my family constantly lies to me and makes me feel like they deserve better than me. I am struggling in college, I am unemployed due to former employers lying to companies while I have little experience so I have to put them on my resume. My life is falling apart, I am utterly useless. All I can do is wait until I have the balls to finally end my life.
>>
>>27451480
Im 6'2 but im ugly as sin.
But at least i aint a nigger >:^)
>>
GUYS STREET FIGHTER 5 FINALS STARTING
PILE IN
>>
>>27451541
Haha, that's still manlet tier though.
I'm 6'4", you American manlet.
>>
>>27451347
Thats about a hundred dollars per 400 pages.
>>
>>27451575
Kek, guess you're better suited to hunting those ebola infested bats huh?
>>
>>27451616
Yeah, those ebola-infested bats are called American women, once my nigger kind have fucked them so much.
>>
I have a BPS accredited degree. Can I have my money back?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.