[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >be 12 >say "I'm gonna find the cure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 689x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 689x512
>be me
>be 12
>say "I'm gonna find the cure to cancer"
>be 20 now, in uni for med school
>get diagnosed with terminal cancer
>have seven weeks to seven months to live

Guess it found me first before I could find a cure for it.

What should I do in the meantime robots?
>>
Enjoy it while you can, OP. Travel the world, fuck as many hookers as possible, do hard drugs, go skydiving. Whatever makes you feel happy.

I'm sorry.
>>
File: 1458755764120.jpg (27 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1458755764120.jpg
27 KB, 600x450
pls tell me this is some kind of stupid bait. please.
>>
File: pepe_flower.png (191 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
pepe_flower.png
191 KB, 500x367
I hope this isn't real OP, if it is, fuck uni, just use the rest of your money to do everything you want in 2 weeks.
>>
>>27448714
No bait here, genuinely asking what I should do these next few weeks to months. It feels weird asking for this advice tho.

>>27448804
I'm so tempted trust me. What's the point of I'm gonna die before finishing anyways right

>>27448700
Thank you fellow robot. I'll think of your kind words when I'm going nuts. Plus no need to apologize, you didn't give me the cancer did ya :^)
>>
>>27448621
which type exactly, im a med student
>>
File: Death.impermanence.suffering.jpg (78 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
Death.impermanence.suffering.jpg
78 KB, 500x310
>>27448621
Well, first off, recognize that we are *all* born with a terminal diagnosis. The only thing which has changed for you is that you now have the benefit of a rather more specific time frame -- though, of course, you could still walk out your door and get hit by a bus tomorrow just like the rest of us.

I urge you to spend some time reading a bit about existentialism. There's a famous psychiatrist, Irvin Yalom, who works primarily with the dying and whose therapy is based on existentialism. The idea is that we all know the answers to the big existential questions: What happens when I die? What is my purpose here? Who am I really? It's just that the answers frighten us, and so we create religions and rationalizations for putting the answers out of our conscious minds.

But see, these questions don't go away. They sit there in the subconscious, making us anxious and fearful. We know that death is the end. We know that there is no purpose beyond what we create. We know that who we are is what we've made of ourselves. Once you find the courage to acknowledge this, you become free: free to do as you please, to make of yourself and the world what your Will drives you to do.

Richard Bach wrote that there is no such thing as a problem without a gift for us in its hands, and that we seek problems because we need their gifts. What's happening in your life has a gift for you, OP, if you can find it. Your life is now compressed, each hour and minute and second fraught with possibility. Use this gift wisely and don't let your life pass without taking the biggest, lustiest bite you can from it.
>>
>>27448621
Fulfill your oath.
Try as many alternative/experimental cures as you can.
>>
listen up you stupid faggot. theres no cure for cancer readily available because cancer treatment is a multi billion dollar buisness worldwide.

fuck you
>>
>>27448621
Oh fuck that's shit

I haven't ever spoke to anyone in this position so rather than saying the usual 'fuck hookers and do drugs' thing, I want to ask you, how did you feel when you were told? Are you accepting of death, or really sad about it? Just generally write a paragraph about your feelings please
>>
take out a giant loan
peace out to your current life
go travel everywhere you want
spread the message
"normalfags get out"
>>
>>27448621

watch this, OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir4LgINfmV4
>>
>>27449106
Not true at all. Many cancers which were once death sentences are now routinely treatable. And even among those cancers which are hardest to cure, modern treatments have become much better at both extending lifespans and improving quality of life. My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer, and they suspected that it had already moved to her stomach, intestines, and pancreas. They couldn't verify it without cutting her open, and cutting her open would have been a death sentence. They told her there was only a 10% chance of survival at 5 years, and that she'd likely be dead within 6 months. She lived for 7 years, and could probably have had another six months to a year if she hadn't rolled the dice and gone for another round of chemo (which is what ultimately killed her) when the end drew nigh.
>>
>>27448884
What field? Biomedical engineering
And I have metastatic alveolar rhabdomysarcoma on different parts of the body
>>
>>27448621
consider yourself fortunate, at least you get to die. I wish I had a terminal disease

live life to the fullest, take out a bunch of loans, travel the world, waste cash on hookers and blow
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 800x801) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 800x801
>>27448621
>>27448621
Look up the company Trek America. It's a group that does different tours around the world. Meet some new friends along the way too. Go for a 5 day trip to see the Grand Canyon or a 1 month trip around the whole country. There are tons to choose from.

I'm sorry to hear about that OP :(
>>
>>27449123
When I was first told my mom was in the room with me, and I hadn't spoken to her in almost a year. She came because the hospital called her in when I was in the ER after passing out in class.

She was hysterical, grabbing my hands and telling me she loved me and how sorry she was for everything.

When he first said cancer, my heart kinda felt like it just stopped. It was such a shock that I didn't believe him at first until he started rattling off all this info about the cancer and how they found it and where it was and all that. I cried, I won't lie, but it was quiet crying. All the while my mom was losing it. I tried to calm her down a few times but I was too shocked to really even say anything. I just looked at her a few times.

I haven't been to class since I found out a week ago and things are weird now. People from the family are calling, old people I knew back in high school are finding me on Facebook to reconnect. That part makes me a little angry, I won't lie.

I dunno robot I feel pretty weird about it.

I'm a little scared, but I'm also accepting because I know there's nothing I can do.
>>
>>27449421

"old people I knew back in high school are finding me on Facebook to reconnect"

It's to get bonus social status points at your expense...they can write that their friend has cancer on their page to get attention or a few comments from wayward girls.

humanity is rotten
>>
>>27449260
Just regular old med for now, in a couple years I go off to residency. Your cancer deeply affects the soft tissue, The only way out is getting a new body.

What's your name guy? I'd like to remember it. You are significant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09KlIsknha4
>>
>>27448621
>What should I do in the meantime robots?

illegal drugs. Go to a place where you always wanted to go. Say what you always wanted to say to that one girl you never had the guts to talk to.
>>
>>27449167
Never heard of this guy until now. I'm thoroughly intrigued thank you.

>>27449315
Thank you very very much for this suggestion, I'll have a look into it.

>>27449106
Doesn't mean I have to stop looking does it.

>>27449013
Shit now you've got me thinking
>>
>>27448621
Looked into the effects of Kefir on cancers before?
>>
File: Laughing-Then-Crying-Meme-09.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Then-Crying-Meme-09.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
Its up to you.

There's the normie sayings of traveling and fucking, or you could just do something else.

I'm sorry OP.
>>
>>27449013
This man is a devil, plain as the day.
>>
>>27449421
That part always strikes me as interesting. The other month some kid in my high school died, he was basically a robot - he kept to himself, had hardly any friends and the popular kids bullied him. When he died everyone including the popular kids wrote big statuses saying how sad it was that he had died and how lovely he was etc.

Made me rage so much that it takes a death to hold any importance in someones life.

I know my advice probably won't mean much as I can't fully understand what you're feeling, but I wouldn't go to college. I would only talk to those who cared about me and knew me before the diagnosis, and just spend as much time with them as possible. I know it sounds sad but I'd probably write some amazing essay about the future of the world to go in the papers after my death as well
>>
>>27449167
That is the Steve Jobs method, Steve Jobs went to that dr.. lol didnt work.
>>
>>27449501
My name is Ian. Also 10/10 theme taste. I hope med school goes well for you. Truly. Try not to end up like those miserable students who do it just because.

>>27449519
Maybe I'll try some drugs who knows.

>>27449484
Haven't responded to a single one of them.
>>
>>27449605
>>27449605

well. steve jobs is just one individual. countless others have been cured.
>>
OP here, general message, no need to apologize for the situation, it's not your faults. :) no sorry.

>>27449563
I might travel to places I want to go. Like Norway or something.

>>27449589
It makes me really upset when everyone does this. I'm hella upset that I've become one of those magnets. There's only five people, maybe, that I would even consider talking to. Everyone else just wants to talk to me and have a story for when I die.
>>
How can they be so sure without attempts at chemo... or the newly developed immune therapy?

It seems a bit weird that they say this.
>>
>>27448621

Take your free platter of opiates and just shoot the shit.
>>
File: machine-elf-2.jpg (455 KB, 946x961) Image search: [Google]
machine-elf-2.jpg
455 KB, 946x961
>>27449620
>Maybe I'll try some drugs
If you plan to experiment with drugs, I recommend that you add Terence McKenna to Irvin Shalom on your reading list. If you really want to explore the existential verities, you're going to want to take the heroic dose. Different drugs have a different heroic dose, but 5 grams of psilocybin mushrooms is recommended for an optimal experience. The heroic dose is defined by the amount of the drug necessary to experience ego death. Since you're facing the death of the body, having an advance taste of ego death should alleviate much of your anxiety about the process. In addition, you'll have an opportunity to visit with the self-transforming machine elves down on the factory floor of reality. As a scientist your tempation will be to dismiss this as "stoner wisdom," but modern neurologists are actually examining the phenomenon of the machine elves, since they may explain quite a few things about the way the human mind works. What you're really doing is destroying the illusion of Self and thereby gaining access to parts of the mind not normally accessible when you're conscious.

"Try to imagine what it will be like to go to sleep and never wake up. Now try to imagine what it was like to wake up having never gone to sleep." -- Alan Watts
>>
>>27449620
damn goy, im a med student too. what was your first symptom(s)?
>>
>>27449803
>the machine elves

Sorry, I burst out laughing at this bit. I've always wanted to try psychedelics and such but why do people use meme phrases like this?
>>
I would just fuck a ton of whores, do drugs and extreme sports. Maybe pick a fight with someone.

If it cheers you up OP an uncle of mine was told he only had like 10 months to live, it's been like 7 years of that and he's prefectly fine
>>
File: 1454557675706.jpg (44 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
1454557675706.jpg
44 KB, 500x405
im

im so sorry op
>>
I got no advice that is practical ...

The out-there suggestion I was thinking of was for you to sign up to some experimental treatment.
Unlikely to save you, but might save others in the future.
Or donate your body to science after you're gone?

Sorry, these are uncomfortable and instensitive suggestions but they might be practical and valuable from a research perspective
>>
>>27449106
I, too, thought that when I was 13.
>>
>>27449860
It's not a "meme." Do some reading on the phenomenon. When people taking sufficient doses of psychedelic drugs to eliminate the sense of Self, nearly everyone has a very similar experience involving entities usually described as "self-dribbling jewelled basketballs" who sing reality into existence. Neuroscientists have been researching the phenomenon since the universality of the experience argues that it's the result of something built into the structure of the brain and the way it functions.
>>
>>27449738
Because my cancer didn't show any previous symptoms until I passed out and woke up in the hospital. I'll start chemo soon but my cancer is spreading quickly and chemo is going to make me significantly weaker considering I've always had a weak immune system.

>>27449821
Just when I passed out and I was bleeding from the nose a lot. Went in to the hospital, and I woke up and complained of pain all over like I was sore. They did scans and a blood test and saw. I don't really remember what they did after for tests and such, my mom was on top of everything.

It's funny that as a med student I tried my best not to pay attention to anything they did or said. Maybe I'm in denial
>>
File: 1459049850869.jpg (98 KB, 718x960) Image search: [Google]
1459049850869.jpg
98 KB, 718x960
Good luck on your journey anon
Be sure to let us know how everything went before you die
>>
>>27449914
I was gonna be an organ donor but since my organs are no good, I might as well donate my whole body for research.

Ah no they're not insensitive, I've thought about it before
>>
>>27449992
I'm def gonna make a post and check back in later so you fellow robots better remember me. Terminally ill med student
>>
My 2 year old dog died abruptly and harshly exactly three months ago on this day. I didn't get a post mordem because I feared the possibility she might've ate one of the anti depressants on my desk and died because of it. now there's posts about cancer. The world is a shitty place OP.

I'd probably listen to whatever albums and watch whatever movies I had on my list and justfinish some other lame hobbies I had. Then I'd go travel. I'm lame thoigh do I don't know.
>>
>>27449620

Thank you Ian. My name is Nikola.

There is no easy cure to cancer, not all are the same of course. In my opinion the best universal cure will come from using the Immune system to hunt out the cancer cells early on and kill them.

An older physician gave me the insight that it is better to focus on your quality of life right now rather than seeking to undergo invasive procedures that are more often than not in vain.

Don't let the old "friends" battalion take your limited time away from you, neither your family.

If you are not religious, please try to find Jesus. The orthodox church is a good place to start. It is worth a shot and I'm not asking you to devout all your time there. Stop in, get baptized, get out.

Ian I need to ask you a favor. I deal with too many terminal patients. It pains me to think there isn't something better after this life, something to rationalize all our suffering here in this plain of existence. I need you to give me a sign after your passing. I'll know what it is, and you will know how to find me.

Appreciate the birds singing in the morning, go someplace warm. don't go transcontinental, the flights are terrible and take up too much time. Eat your favorite food. Try out drugs but don't let it consume you. Certainly don't try anything like speed. Weed is alright. maybe ask your doctor for some benzodiazepines like diazepam. It won't get you high but it will calm your nerves. Snipers use them to steady their shot.

I want you to take care of yourself Ian. Godspeed.
>>
File: 1449717820016.jpg (39 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
1449717820016.jpg
39 KB, 400x343
>>27450027
You better motherfucker you better
>>
>>27449937
Sounds quite interesting, apologies if I sounded dickish. What drugs would you recommend for a non-terminally ill first timer? And do you buy on deep web?

Do you believe in God out of interest?
>>
OP, I'd like to offer you an alternative to >>27450111. I am a Jungian mystic, conversant with a wide variety of shamanic and esoteric disciplines. Rather than spend your limited time ruminating on the slave mentality promulgated by mainstream christian religion, I'd like to encourage you to investigate the deep mysteries. If christianity is your preferred paradigm, then try some of the christian mystics, like Meister Eckhart. You're going to want to dive beneath the surface of the world if you're exploring the existential verities.

>>27450165
Psilocybin mushrooms and LSD are probably the easiest to obtain and safest to use, and both have large bodies of scholarly research behind them which you can dig into if you're more scientifically-minded than mystical.

And the question of God is not one I can easily answer. The simplest answer I can give you is that I'm an atheist who believes in the gods. That is, I believe that the gods serve a useful function, but that their existence is not important to fulfill that function. When the Gautama Buddha was asked whether the gods exist, he said that if the question has occured to you, you've made a mistake in your thinking. By their nature the gods are articles of faith; they can't be proven, and if they could be, they wouldn't be gods. So believe or don't believe and then move on to more interesting questions.
>>
>>27448621
Sign up for medical research studies. You know, the ones that they publish research about. You can use your university resources (faculty, staff, students, access to publications) to find applicable research programs. Might as well as ask about it and seek advice on other sites/forums too, even places like Reddit.
>>
>>27448621
Do what you love and try to finish stuff that you wanted to. Im really sorry that your battery is running dry, fellow robot.
Godspeed, my friend, Godspeed
>>
thank you for al this advice robots. I'll definitely be sure to think about what to do and try to enjoy what i have left. ill come back in a while and make a post before things start really going to shit in terms of my health. from now until then, i wanna wish you guys well. Ill see you all soon in other threads.

- Ian
>>
>>27451197
In case you're still around, I'm just wondering, how is your social life? Have you ever had a gf?

If not, or even if so, how does your illness affect this aspect of your life?
>>
>get as much money as you can together
>micro-dose acid every single day
>live like the bartender is about to declare last call
>>
OP be glad you get to leave this place with a decent excuse
Either way my prayers are with you
>>
>>27448621
Congratulations
You're free

The terminal are the freest people on the planet (even when they're clinging to life)
>>
Fuck this world

Fuck it
>>
>>27451416
I've never thought life was great, and this was another kick to the head to prove how upsetting it really is. but not that i have a limited time, i guess its time for me to finally start using it. the way i really want to, i guess.

also. I've never had a gf, nor do i think i really want one.

i had a single friend all through high school who was literally like my brother but when we split for uni, things changed and we grew apart.

I'm just gonna live whatever time i have left trying to leave something behind me, whether it be good or bad.
>>
>>27448621
Sorry man. I have read that there is a new treatment that uses viruses to destroy tumors. Problem is it's 70k, and I don't know if your cancer is too advanced, but this new method has almost no side effects, the newest trials showed substantial effects.

How do you feel right now knowing your death is coming so soon? I imagine I would be very worried, but wouldn't worry about any of the atupid shit that usually stresses me out. Spend time with close friends and family, connect as deeply as you can.
>>
>>27448621
Come to Brazil. There is this thing called synthetic fosfoetanolamina that is reducing and even stoping terminal cancer. only terminal cancer patients can use it, because it wasn't tested on humans yet, but some people already got it and it's working. That's your only shot. Make it count. Bralizian robot here and I wish the best for you
>>
>>27452456
I mean synthetic phosphoethanolamine and Brazilian robot
>>
>>27448621
Achieve ego-death with some psychedelics. You'll make peace with your physical annihilation and you get to see the world in a very different (I would say beautiful) way. That being said don't trip unless you are in a good mindset and a comfortable, safe setting.

If this is real, good luck OP. Sucks to see a good man go.
>>
File: 1452274728584.jpg (73 KB, 747x747) Image search: [Google]
1452274728584.jpg
73 KB, 747x747
>>27448621
>>What should I do in the meantime robots?
meditate instead of being an hedonist like this pleb >>27448700
you are sad because you choose to take seriously what you think and what you feel.
once you learn to install equanimity, you move to the eye of the cyclone.
the cyclone itself disappears once you understand that the above clinging is what drags you down, that you are the source of your misery.

this is called the dhamma, see here

>>27412203
>>
What about going doing something everyone will remember for years?
>>
>>27453919
This is the true Dharma:
josministries.prophpbb.com/topic5495.html
>>
Well, I don't have a vagina, but you can put it in my butt if you want, cancerbot. You'd be the first. I'm in colorado.
>>
>>27448621

Commit suicide.

Cancer is a degenerative disease. Your last moments will be spent in pain and confusion. Die comfortably before it is too late.
>>
>>27455144
yeah if you're ready than just come up here to oregon
no one should be forced to be in pain
>>
bumpuewoweow
>>
>>27448621
You lucky faggot.
I pray for cancer every day.
To have such a close expiration date?
I can't fucking wait to die
>>
Kill a bunch of black lives matter fucks or some islamic radicals.
>>
>>27448621
I won't pretend to be a fan of alternative treatments, or know the specifics of your situation.

My aunty was told the same thing pretty much word for word.

She changed her nutrition.
She ate only raw vegetables and white meat. (Lots, as lots of energy is required). She removed ALL carbohydrates from her system.

The research she and her Auckland University of Technology health science folk suggested that Carbohydrate based diets promoted cancer growth, where as fats based diets (animal fats) seemed to result in withdrawel of cancer cells.

This means not a single piece of processed sugar, nothing out of a packet. (Fruit is also pretty much off the cards, unless there's specific nutritional benefits you're looking for from it).
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.