[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know what to major in What do I major in Someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: autism_spin.gif (820 KB, 420x544) Image search: [Google]
autism_spin.gif
820 KB, 420x544
I don't know what to major in
What do I major in
Someone help
Do I post my sat scores here then? I need help robots
>>
What are you interested in
>>
>>27447478
I don't know
History? Technology? Biology? Either having a job where I'm alone or a job where I make a significant improvement in someone's life
>>
Engineering because it'll make you money.
>>
>>27447585
I don't care about arbitrary big numbers
>>
Go geology. That's what I did. Best decision ever.
>>
>>27447655
If you don't care about money then major in something fun like chemistry or music or whatever.
>>
>>27447722
But I want a job
>>
Go physics or biology. Those are the only true paths to changing the world, whether it be creating superhumans, or creating a supervirus; learning how to transcend spacetime, or destroying the universe.
>>
>>27447808
I suicide is the answer ! Ijad but in the stone
Gratze anon#!!!
>>
>>27447421
Post SAT scores

Look back on everything, your past grades, your extracurriculars, your social life to help you.
>>
>>27447421
Get out of college. Go to trade school instead.
>>
>>27447421
Post SAT scores and the uni you're going to.
>>
>>27447896
730 reading
630 math
600 writing
Always did well and enjoyed discussing history, I got into math during latter years of highschool I've been horrendous at math all my life beforehand
I got a 5 on ap us history while doing literally nothing all year

Some of the majors I wrestled with on the applications were
History
Economics
Computer Science
Physics
>>
>>27448008
Do economics or history. The rest require you to collaborate and shit (sound surprising but you will have to collaborate on labs or research for physics, and you will have to collaborate on comp sci projects). With history and economics you can just write essays and solve problem sets by yourself.
>>
>>27448008
Also considered Zoology, Geology and Geomatics
Jobs I considered were
>professor
>high school teacher
>doctor
>sys administration
>>
File: 2008_04_07_2008_04_07_002_005.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
2008_04_07_2008_04_07_002_005.gif
897 KB, 800x430
Art, ofcourse. :')
>>
>>27448008
>History
Requires even more reading and writing, 10 page papers are common, sometimes you will have to do "oral history" which is interviewing people

>Economics
Requires math skills up to basic calculus (Calc1) and statistics but not as much as other majors. Take an intro to stats or elementary stats and if you get high than a C, try it. Probably a few essays.

>Computer Science
Require even more math skills up to Advanced calculus, (do I dare say it a applied math and programming...?)

>Physics
Same as computer science, without the programming, instead with the scientific method

>Zoology
Like animals? And team work? Are you an outdoors person?

>Geology and Geomatics
Same as Geology, but with rocks and dirt, you'll travel out of area from time to time.
>>
>>27447755
Then go into engineering or computer science.
>>
>>27448036
You'll have to collaborate in every major, that's why looking at your past social life is needed.

>>27448080
>professor
Ph.D or masters needed you'll have to really love school and the subject area you're interested in and you've always taken it seriously.
It's expensive

>>high school teacher
Same as professor, but you'll only need a bachelors. Also the "presence" to command a crowd of low attention span young people, no weaklings when teaching k-12.

>>doctor
MD You can major in literally anything for a bachelors, but you'll need the grades. It is very challenging and expensive, only for those who also really loved school and the medical field. Look also into Nursing and Physician's assistant

>>sys administration
For this you can even have an associates. For bachelors the math can go up to basic calculus and statistics. Computer certificates like A+ can help you in your career If you are a computer whiz this is good
>>
>>27448363
>le stem meme
>>
>>27448363
>hurr durr stem is garbage
There are good non-stem majors like Economics and Legal Studies but other than that you're wasting your time.
>>
be an accountant op
>>
>>27447755
You'll get one, but that's dependent on what skills you have.

>>27448816
But guess what? Picking majors that aren't suitable for you also wastes time. It's always funny when robots fall for the CS meme but never the math meme.
>>
>>27448657
I'm not nearly robot tier socially
I'm capable of socializing and have had friends of various kinds
Have been invited to a party or two through friend of friends, but not a social butterfly and not a popular kid
Often took the role of counselor with friends, usually a result of prioritizing nearly everyone before me and preferring to listen than talk.
I enjoy the peace and quiet of isolation, often have turned people down just so I can sit in my room by my self, I don't really feel pain from being alone
>>
>>27447421
Some variation of English?

I mean, if you don't know what to do then English seems like a nice way to round out your skillset, there are plenty of jobs that require good use of language.
>>
>>27448841
Be advised you'll need a masters to be a CPA now. Luckily their are BA/MS programs that take only 5-years approx.

>>27447530
>Either having a job where I'm alone or a job where I make a significant improvement in someone's life

>>27447755
>But I want a job

>>27448008
>730 reading
>630 math
>600 writing

>I've been horrendous at math all my life
>I got a 5 on ap us history while doing literally nothing all year

>>27448928
>but not a social butterfly and not a popular kid
>often have turned people down just so I can sit in my room by my self, I don't really feel pain from being alone

System or database admin, economics, or accounting seems seems good so far. Look into 2-year degrees as well.
>>
>>>/adv/
fucku offu
>>
>>27447656
is it really that good? I'm about to graduate hs and major in geo in a school way the fuck out in the texan desert near big bend and I'm afraid of disappointment
>>
>Greglomaniac
>>>27449321
Kill b yourself
>>
>>27449125
What do I do with an economics major? Have any experience with one?
I like discussing abstract theoretical concepts but also talking real world things

and desire a degree that will at least be a benefit when I go job hunting.
I don't know, I've had enough excitement in my life honestly , I've been through a lot
>>
>>27449454
You can be an economics analyst, financial planner, manager and work in marketing.
>>
>>27447421
did you make this?
>>
>>27449360
what does this even mean, guy?
>>
>>27447530
Get into biology
You can work through a giant backlog of stuff that needs to be categorized or you can work outside in wildlife conservation
>>
>>27447722
Chemistry makes really big dosh if you don't work in Academia
>>
>>27448008
>got a 5 on apush exam without trying
The apush exam is mostly remembering/memorizing specific events. I don't understand how you did nothing and got a 5.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.